User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Walmart-The Good, The Bad and The FREE MAUHHHHHHHH!!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    The cashiers at WM get 3 warnings with errors with price matching, entering coupons and then they get in trouble, I was told by a cashier at my local WM. I don't know what "trouble" means and she didn't feel comfortable expanding.
    my friend works at WM in Ottawa and she said verbal warning, then written warning plus cashier re training and she had her hours reduced cause they took her off being a cashier for a few weeks until the retraining. Next step is fired she said and she knew people who got fired or hours reduced.
    jubsies likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Actually GracieAnne I am not complaining for the fun of it. If I am buying something I expect things to be cooked and packaged properly. For example, if you bought some chicken, and than you come to realize that the chicken is no good, would you not go and complain to the store? It is the same thing with bread. And in regards to that girl I called and spoke with the Manager of the store and told her how amazing that girl was! The manager told me she just started and she is so happy the girl gave great customer service and would for sure tell her how great of a job she did!

I use to work in the food industry and anything I cooked I took pride in, if I didn't like it, I never served it. If it wasn't good enough for me it wasn't good enough for the customers I served.

If I didn't care about the girl, which I do, I would not have called the manager of the store. Also, how many times do I see people bragging about how cashier's make mistakes and they gain because of it? Everyone high five's them? Did they call those stores and at least try to fix the issue? I don't think so?

I know you have your thoughts and views and i respect that, but I am actually a very easy going person and don't complain. I only complain when I spend money on something and it is not cooked proper. And why do I have to pick another type of bread? The bread I want should be cooked right in the first place.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I hate being the negative one, but what exactly is the manager suppose to do about burnt bread? I used to work in a bakery, when you are looking after 15-20 ovens all baking different things, sometimes things get burnt. We would still put them out, and it people didn't want to buy it, then they didn't.

I'm sure there were lots of different kinds of bread available to pick from that wasn't burnt. It seems like you were putting up a stink for the fun of it.

Then to blame it on karma, that poor girl might get fired because of her mistake.
    What if you wanted THAT EXACT bread? Walmart should have standards in terms of quality!! If you went to a restaurant and they brought you burnt bread for your appetizer, would you not complain? Of course you would...You don't serve a below par product...and if the baker is serving products that are not up to standards, then a customer has every right to complain.

A customer shouldn't care if that baker has 15, 20, 30, or a 100 ovens...who cares. Do your job!! If something is burnt means you didn't pay enough attention or you are willing to sell substandard products. Either way it's wrong. Complaining to a manager will have the baker pay more attention or find a new baker who can place bread in an oven...it's not rocket science.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This is suppose to be a thread that is positive and I would appreicate no negativity on it
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It's funny how people complain about bad cashiers and managers and how awful it is for them. Then when people actually do something about it, people get upset? Don't complain if your not going to do anything about it. I can complain, because I take action when things are not right, not just cry about it and do nothing. And I will always complain if I feel the issue is bad.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
    GoddessDigi and Priceisright like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry everyone, i don't mean to get all upset, but I don't like it when people assume things when they don't know the whole story. I respect everyones views.
    Priceisright likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most people that get upset only have the courage to complain on SC...9 out of 10 times you hear rants complaining about a store but none of them actually complain TO THE STORE.

Virtual complainers!!! lol

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

you did the right thing by complaining abt the burnt bread to the manger...may be the dont realise it that bakers not doing there job properly. and therfore its important that the customer should tell this to customer services or manger. In food industry timing is evrything and the customer always pay for what they order and what they want to eat. My DH is in the food industry and everyday he has stories to tell how they have to be careful and precise otherwise they loose money and have to give away free food. You should have taken the photo of that braed and should have sent that to head office and asked them whether its burnt or not.
    That being said....Thanks for the post. I will be heading to WM tonight to get the 0.50 cents pasta. We use a lot of it and its good for $1 but even better for 0.50 cents

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

^ Thanks moon18

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    Also, how many times do I see people bragging about how cashier's make mistakes and they gain because of it? Everyone high five's them? Did they call those stores and at least try to fix the issue? I don't think so?
    I stand by my opinion, but I want to clear up this, I don't reply to those threads because I would end up saying something that would get me banned. I'm not one of those high fiving people.
    i_love_to_save likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

That is great you have an opinnion, but don't try to make a story look like something else when that is not how the story goes. I also have my opinion, and I stand by it too. But if you have a problem with my thread, maybe you should comment on those people you say you don't high five first before commenting on mine.

That's all I have to say. I would like this thread to be positive now, so please keep your opinnions to yourself in regards to this thread as I don't want your comments to effect other people who are reading it in a negative way.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
    etherealone likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's like your daughter loves a specific cake from St. Phillips bakery and its her bday. You go to order the cake and its over cooked...do you just smile and not complain?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Im also a chef and burnt bread is un exceptable,and if a baker puts it out like that knowingly for the public they should be ashamed of themselves...not ok

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

if i bought bread and it was not the same consistency that i have become accustomed to, for a certain type of loaf/brand, i would complain. thats just me though. i work hard for my money and if i choose to spend it in your store, you should be happy to have me as a customer and strive for quality, consistency and continuity.

there use to be a time when the customer was always right. god, how much that has changed. i am afraid to complain (i do anyway) and i feel like i am the one doing something wrong?

now, the cashier and the mistake. personally, i would have gone back in. maybe not immediately, but i would have the next day. and yes, it would have been a big pain in the butt. i just wouldnt want her to get in trouble over it. they over work them half the time and its a wonder they dont make more mistakes

but contacting them and telling them how good she was is a great gesture! it was very nice and more people should do it!
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I most definitely would have returned the bad bread. If it was made by walmart, they have a policy in place that allows a customer a full refund on any walmart-branded product. No questions asked. You could have told them you didn't like the color of the bag tie and they would refund your purchase.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information