User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Compare the price before purchase online eyeglasses (2 examples here)

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Has anyone ordered bifocals from these sites? I'm faced this year with buying my first pair. My optometrist has me completely petrified--but the last pair of single vision glasses I got from his office cost me $850.

By the way, I asked my optometrist to measure my pupil distance for me, but he said it would cost an extra $50!
    Last edited by crAZy4dEAls; Tue, Sep 4th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crAZy4dEAls View Post
    By the way, I asked my optometris to measure my pupil distance for me, but he said it would cost an extra $50!
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

COUPONS FOR TRADING
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Love this thread!

Incredible how cheap you can now get your glasses for... thank you all.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by apple pie View Post
    I'd like to buy contact lenses(for the first time) for my teen, any suggestion?
    The first pair of contacts lenses should be properly fitted by a professional imho.
    A good optometrist will perform several tests including eye saline and tears. Most importantly they will allow your child to trial several different types of lenses from different manufacturers as samples usually free of charge. This would ensure the correct prescription, the correct fit and the right lens for their eyes with the knowledge that they are being very well cared for. After this has been established I would then consider shopping online IF your child is scrupulous about properly caring for them, following the replacement, cleaning schedules. The optometrist will do follow up exams and will notice if the child is sleeping in them etc...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information