User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Grandson may have pneumonia....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

MQ, great idea re the probiotics! I've picked them up from the health food store for myself when I was wrestling with my ibs...great idea! And he loves yogurt...

Dave, thank you...your poor little girl...you and your wife must have gone through so much in those 3 years...how is she now? Any after-affects from her early bouts with pneumonia? And you're right, of course...doctors usually know what they're doing...(do I sound a little skeptical?)...

Kitty77, than you so much....

My hubby's sending me back to sleep, since I got to bed at 2am, but I think one coffee would feel pretty good right now, and I want to now what's going on this morning...I assume we're babysitting the little guy...A day of snuggling on the sofa with him and watching movies....

Thanks, everyone....!! It was a long night....

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I'm so happy to hear that things are looking better. You've had enough stress lately; you deserve to have things go more smoothly for a while. My DH has asthma (developed in childhood), and he has to be very careful whenever he gets a cold as the asthma increases one's susceptibility to chest infections of all sorts, including pneumonia. My only advice for your grandson would be to make sure he gets outside and gets moving a lot. From what I know from myself, plus from DH and others with asthma, fresh air and getting the lungs working is great for bringing up any phlegm and helping to clear congestion and hopefully speed up his getting better.

(Hugs) to you.... now get some more sleep, young lady... you need it!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Dave, thank you...your poor little girl...you and your wife must have gone through so much in those 3 years...how is she now? Any after-affects from her early bouts with pneumonia? .
    None whatsoever. She's 17 now, incredibly strong, taller than her mom, and smashed 5 of my ribs 2 months back when I foolishly said yes, when she asked me if I wanted to see her new rugby move. God she felt horrible about that. I felt horrible too, trying to move for the next two weeks.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Lynn, I hope your tiny little man recovers quickly. Most children are very resiliant and bounce back fairly quickly. I too know that having pneumonia and it's not fun. The antibiotics nowadays are for the most part fairly good and should clear up his lung pretty quickly. I'm sending prays to your family for a speedy recovery.

Lynn49 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Glad to hear all is well with your grandson Lynn! Hope you have a great day snuggling with the cutie patootie!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Prayer to all, So Strange, I have Heard of little ones having this Latley. My Grandson had it last year & while in a Drug Store some one was saying theirs had it too.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Glad to hear that your Grandson is already on his road to recovery! Will keep him in thought & prayer and I'm certain he'll be better in no time!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sorry to hear that he's so sick, and I hope that he recovers soon.

Some snuggle time with Baba will be great medicine!
    Lynn49 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Agreed Lynn, hugs with Gramma, and some TLC and spoiling too.
    That must have been nerve wracking, the waiting.
    Is this the reason my own Dr. said I should have a pneumonia vaccine the other day? Is it on the increase or something? None of my kids, nor have I ever had pneumonia, so I am clueless about it really.

All the best Lynn

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Agreed Lynn, hugs with Gramma, and some TLC and spoiling too.
    That must have been nerve wracking, the waiting.
    Is this the reason my own Dr. said I should have a pneumonia vaccine the other day? Is it on the increase or something? None of my kids, nor have I ever had pneumonia, so I am clueless about it really.

All the best Lynn
    Walks, I've had pneumonia twice and I can say for a fact that I hope I never see the front end of that crap again!
    If your immune system is compromised in any way, and your dr suggested the shot, take it.
    I have asthma so I've had flu shots for many years and pneumonia shot(s) whenever they were required...when I get a cold, it immediately turns to bronchitis, which immediately turns to pneumonia if not caught early. Naturally as soon as I suspect bronchitis I'm in the clinic asap! Our grandson has what I would think of as a bronchial cough now, and is happily complying with a puffer...poor wee guy..... There are some traits we'd like to pass on to our grandkids.....asthma isn't one of them......my Mom told me long ago that my paternal grandmother died of asthma...that was many years ago so naturally there wasn't the care there is now, but it seem it's plaguing our family....

Get the shot, my Friend....
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jun 5th, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Lynn! What a time for me to be off the "net" - I'm SO sorry to hear about your grandson and SO glad that he seems to be turning a corner on his way back to health. My dear little nephew had this exactly a year ago - he was treated and seemed to be coming along but not "thriving" so he had to go back and be in the hospital and have a more aggressive treatment done as he develop pluracy (sp??) - an inflamation of the outside of the lungs. Thankfully a very vigilant doctor stepped in to treat the advanced infection. He was just bragging to me today about his soccer team so he's fine and has not had to be on long-time puffers.
    Hugs to you and him and I hope you're being kind to yourself after such a frightful night and of course - his very FAVOURITE yoghurt is in order!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hoping he's better today!

Interesting how this generation seems to be so sickly - I don't mean to generalize, but it really seems so amongst my extended family and kids of friends.
    When I was growing up, and same with my siblings, it just seemed to be the major things like measles, mumps, chicken pox (thank goodness for vaccines now!), and a rare cold or tummy bug; my nieces and nephews who are now in their 20s to 30s were relatively healthy as well.

However, the kids of my nephews and nieces - there are almost 20 from babies to 10 years old - the majority of them have had problems with all sorts of things since they were babies - asthma, allergies, infections of all sorts, colds very often, any sort of flu which is around, etc.
    From two families, they've had children hospitalized multiple times with rsv (which I hadn't been aware of before...) quite seriously.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/lung/rsv.html
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information