User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: i hate bugs...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Everyone probably has a bug phobia, but i think mine is being a meanie to me this week....

we were moving stuff back in from storage and left the front door wide open. The next day I found not one but two long million legged hair things running in my living room, centepede maybe? i dont wanna know, i killed them with lysol.

Today I did a quick run to shoppers to grab some of the $1.99 life brand paper towel. there was a skid on the floor and the packages were in cut down cartons, and i picked up one package and saw a huge black spider under it *** ew****

I get in the car and look out the window and there is the biggest moth on my drivers window. Right there, staring at me. I had to go to the bank but couldnt even roll down my window to go to the drive through, so I had to go in, avoiding the creepy bug.

I also have to park under a tree and constantly walk into cob webs to get to my car.

I have no idea how I haven't had a heart attack yet!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

just to let you know, those million legged huge things are House Centipedes. they actually keep them in China and Japan as pets! They do sting, but no more bothersome than a skeeter! They also claim that if you see one and you kill it, you probably wiped out all of them! They are pretty solitary. So if you got two of them, then I am sure you won't see them again!

They feed off of dust from around the inside of our house and outside. dust from concrete, brick and anything else! creepy little critters and i hate them too!
    jessep13 likes this.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Ew thanks for the info. I don't know if I should be relieved or
    Grossed out!!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

i would be grossed out! lol
    and last night, after I read your thread, I was getting all freaked out about bugs.....THEN......there was something on my arm and it was a silverfish!!! holy grossed out!!!!
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gah, I feel the same as you about creepy crawlies.

A few years ago, we had a centipede come across our living room - I couldn't believe how fast it was, and I was just screaming at my husband to GET IT!

Friday I went to open the front door to go check the mail, and there was a giant wasp trapped between the window which was up and the screen - I lifted and lowered it to try encourage him out (going EW EW in my head), and he wasn't going to leave, so I just closed the interior door.
    I would not try to go out again to get the mail, and when my husband came home, I had him check to kill it, but it had already died.

Anything crawly/flying is just icky. Just icky.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

im glad im not the only one who feels this way.
    my boyfriend once stared at a june bug for hours ( he left the door open again) and finally i used the lysol again and killed it with an old shoe!
    Natalka likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by etherealone View Post
    i would be grossed out! lol
    and last night, after I read your thread, I was getting all freaked out about bugs.....THEN......there was something on my arm and it was a silverfish!!! holy grossed out!!!!

sorry to gross you out!

the only time ive seen a silverfish is if i left a whole bunch of wet towels in a bucket.

ugh i think its time to spring clean, then clean again and again and i'll feel better

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Sorry to hear the creepy crawlies are getting the best of you this week I don't have many bugs around my house because my dear little kitty is such an awesome hunter... It's a pretty drastic solution to get rid of bugs around the house, and not all cats will eat bugs, but I highly recommend it nonetheless (not to mention that she's just a nice little kitty regardless)
    KK7 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a bug phobia. I will literally leave the room rather than deal with a bug - and my family will not let me hear the end of it. Seriously though, even carpenter ants make my heart race (and not in a good way).

Here's a semi-amusing/horrifying story. I had to stay late at uni one night and my car was parked in the parking garage all day. When I finally got in my car and pulled out onto the road, I realized there was a web, and its maker, on the window of the driver's side. It was placed in such a way that if I opened my car door, the spider would definitely have made its way inside. I freaked. So I pulled into the nearest Tim Hortons parking lot, climbed over into the passenger's seat, grabbed a water bottle from my trunk, and hosed the window down. I'm sure to the lady in the parked car next to mine, I looked like I had lost it, but it got the job done.

So yeah, my fear of bugs is a problem, particularly when it makes me a bad driver.

[*A I M Z*]

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post
    I have a bug phobia. I will literally leave the room rather than deal with a bug - and my family will not let me hear the end of it. Seriously though, even carpenter ants make my heart race (and not in a good way).

Here's a semi-amusing/horrifying story. I had to stay late at uni one night and my car was parked in the parking garage all day. When I finally got in my car and pulled out onto the road, I realized there was a web, and its maker, on the window of the driver's side. It was placed in such a way that if I opened my car door, the spider would definitely have made its way inside. I freaked. So I pulled into the nearest Tim Hortons parking lot, climbed over into the passenger's seat, grabbed a water bottle from my trunk, and hosed the window down. I'm sure to the lady in the parked car next to mine, I looked like I had lost it, but it got the job done.

So yeah, my fear of bugs is a problem, particularly when it makes me a bad driver.

oh my gosh! i have an almost identical story!!!!!!!! i was pregnant in the fall, and made my way to freshco, it wasn't really near me but they had good deals... filled the trunk full of groceries and had lots of ice cream ( remember i was pregnant!!)

i get in the car, drive out of the parking lot and then i look up...... you know where they put the sticker for your next oil change? right on it was a huge fuzzy spider. INSIDE THE CAR!!! i tried to drive but was freaking out. i pulled into a hotel parking lot... i was so scared... so i called my boyfriend and he came to switch cars with me. yup i freaked out that bad. i was also worried about the ice cream.

the only thing in my car i had was body spray.. so as it moved down the windsheild i thought i would spray it.... and it just moved over the dash and back.. eventually i got it to the passenger door, and opened the door and my boyfriend got there and killed it. but i still took his car.

my family always makes fun of this, so dont take it personally.

im glad to know im not the only one who freaks out this bad!!
    neelkamalll1979, Aimz and Candini like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

LMAO I hate bugs too...but the only thing I really freak over is things that sting lol.
    One day my hubby and I were parked at Timmy's having a coffee and bagel..and a wasp flew in my window...
    Forgetting the doors were locked I yanked on the door handle to get out of the car..and broke it right off LOL.
    Finally I get out of the car..only to realize the damn thing flew right in my fresh hot coffee...and drown
    Waste of a good coffee grrr lol.
    neelkamalll1979 likes this.
    Check out my TRADE and WISH List
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/smileslly/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Aww. I love bugs!
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    Aww. I love bugs!
    I hate anything that as more legs than me.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gah, I feel the same as you about creepy crawlies.

A few years ago, we had a centipede come across our living room - I couldn't believe how fast it was, and I was just screaming at my husband to GET IT!

Friday I went to open the front door to go check the mail, and there was a giant wasp trapped between the window which was up and the screen - I lifted and lowered it to try encourage him out (going EW EW in my head), and he wasn't going to leave, so I just closed the interior door.
    I would not try to go out again to get the mail, and when my husband came home, I had him check to kill it, but it had already died.

Anything crawly/flying is just icky. Just icky.
    Agreed!!! I don't mind moths or butterflies though.....or dragonflies.....but everything else horrifies me....especially spiders.

And there's nothing worse than a big gross bug in the car!! At least in the house or whatnot, you can leave the room or move around to kill it. In the car you're just trapped with the disgusting things and I'm always worried that I'm going to lose track of where it went (if I'm not able to pull over).
    neelkamalll1979 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmel View Post
    I hate anything that as more legs than me.
    Just in case someone else sends me a pm about not liking animals..let me clarify this in advance... it's a BUG thread!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information