User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greencanuck

Thread: Crackers and cookies

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had gotten some of those kraft coupons in the magazine and it was a great deal to cash them in this week at No Frills since the crackers were on for 1.38$ (till tomorrow). I got munchable crackers for .75 off, wheat thins for .75 off and buy 2 get 2$ off so that came down to .38 cents a box for those. I also bought cookies for under 1$ since they were on sale for 1.69 (?) for oreo/ chips ahoy (freshco) and i had .75 off those too. For anyone who had those coupons, they also had the thinsations and snack packs on sale for 2$. I don't normally buy those so I don't know what a good deal is for those ones.

Anyone know if there's a website for price comparisons of this area. I've come to realize I'm still unsure of good deals in this area of the province. Some stuff is obvious but I don't even know who is cheapest for my basic foods like so good soy milk, eggs... I've also noticed fluctuating prices on soy milk in particular. I mean regular prices, not sales. One time I noticed it was over 4$ at walmart for a short time, sometimes it's 3.77$ at no frills, today was 3.79$ i think at FB... I just really would like to know where it's best to buy certain items, knowing of course that prices changes. I can't afford to go store to store weekly but if I happen to be somewhere, it's good to know which items are normally cheapest there at regular price so I can grab it when I'm there for something else.
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, No Frills, Walmart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

so did NF let you stack? or you just used the different coupons seperately? i shop there all the time and i am really new to this, id love if they stacked coupons

id also love to see a list of basics

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have no idea if anyone does stacking in ontario. I've never stacked, never tried, have no idea what that art is all about. The cashier was trying to catch me on something I didn't do wrong- this coupon is for wheat thins only. Response- yeah, this one and that one (2 wheat thins boxes, 2 wheat thins coupons). 2nd- why would you use 1$ off coupon for this oasis product when this one says it's free. Response- it's for the oasis juice boxes over here (as i point down to the item closest to her- the coupon was for juice boxes and I got the nine hundred something ml free with another coupon). Thankful I didn't try to stack, i was doing everything right and I got questionned twice. Maybe she was still sleepy- it was about 8:20am.

I start a different post on stacking in the event you can get more info. I thought i heard London Drugs does stacking except there are none around here, never saw one in ontario.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Real Canadian Superstore, both locations on Oxford East and Oxford West allow stacking of a manufacturer's coupon and a Coupon Zone coupon.
    This policy has been in place since the autumn of 2011.

For example:
    This morning, I was able to price-match (using a flyer) the Oasis 1.89 litre juice on sale from No Frills, Sale price $2, then use the $1.25 coupon ( from apple juice labels) and then use the $0.75 off Coupon Zone coupon.
    Follow the math and see that I paid $0- absolutely nothing for the 13 cartons (6 flavours) that I got.

( Standard disclaimer: No shelves were cleared- this is completely within store policy, even had another friendly chat with the store manager Tony Busch about how much I love this policy).
    Last edited by greencanuck; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
    sunny3 likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've basically made up my own price list. It has 2 thresholds, one for what I consider to be a good deal for something I need. For example, butter is $3. If I find butter for $3 (on sale or sale + coupons), then I consider it a reasonable price to pay. I also have a stock-up price. For butter, that price is $2.50. That means if I can get butter for $2.50 (on sale or on sale + coupon) then it would be a good idea to stock up on some extras.

The trick is that it requires regular editing because prices change (usually in the upward direction) and your stocking threshold can change. For example, right now, I've got so much relish that my stock-up price is free. Meaning I won't stock up on any more unless I can get it free. As I start to run low, I would increase that threshold whereby I would pay 50c or even $1 for it.

ideally you keep a sufficient stockpile so that you don't run out of anything. I wish that were true, but with cyclical sales and coupons it's not always possible. That's where the buy price kicks in. In the past, I just went to one store, never price matched, and just bought what I needed, usually when it was too late and I was out. That mean I was paying alot more than I really should if I planned, even without stockpiling.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Thread Information