User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Kijiji deal

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just have to rant about this it has made me quite angry made a deal with a lady to buy a chair from her for $10 less than she wanted was going to pick it up today at 5 so excited as it is a papan chair and I have been looking for one for awhile. Well 10 minutes ago she emails me saying she's going to seel it to someone else at that time cause they are going to pay full price, the thing is she never even gave me the opportunity to offer her full price cause she had already said I could have it for the lower price. Some people have no respect for their word just makes my blood boil thanks for listening.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (70%)

I've had that happen to me too... and I had offered the price they wanted too. So annoying!!!!
    Kalmel likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yep! happened to me also several times. I buy alot on kijiji and i guess it's the chance i take each time. Last one i got screwed with..sorry but that's the only word that pops to mind.. was clothing for my youngest. We agreed on 50 bucks for a bulk purchase and pick-up the next friday. Well drive 30 minutes to get there to only have her say..oh i already sold it..didnt think you would come! Really! we agreed on next friday for pick-up..

nicompoop!!!
    jessep13 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I feel your pain.
    I have had that happen too. We contacted someone about a bed, were willing to pay full price, told them we lived 30 mintues away and were leaving right away, they said okay. We pull up to their place and they are helping someone else load it into their truck. All we got was a sorry, they got here first. WTH?
    I sell items on there too and if someone make plans with me to come out and get it I do not sell it out from under them, even if someone else offers more. (it has happened where I have accepted an offer and just after someone else messages me but I hold to the first if they are confirmed coming to get it.)
    Integrity, Respect, Honesty, some people just don't have any.
    Eva-M likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

oh and let's not forget about the ones that tells you after you make an offer... well i'll wait and see if i can get more for it but i'll let you know if i change my mind... geez! no problem..i can wait like 4Ever!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I know when I was selling my canoe I had 2 people interested. The one I had spoken to extensively and arranged a time and another person said they 'might' be interested. So I arranged atime with the first one and I also gave the address to the second person. Well the first person came cash in hand and I sold it to them. Just as we are loading it the second person came and were all upset because it was sold.

I was annoyed at them because they really were not giving me definites (and I know with something like this item it is difficult) but I was not about to turn down cash in hand to the first person. I needed the canoe sold and if you don't get it first then that is how it is. It is not about respect or anything. If I had turned down the first person I could have been stuck.

It can be very frustrating but the sometimes it just works out that you miss out on the deal if you don't jump immediately.
    AmberLab likes this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I also love as a seller having people say yes they want something so you give them an address and they either (1) ask where that is (um you are on the computer how about you google map it idiot), (2) tell me it's too far for them to drive so can I bring it to them and then they give me their address (well if it's too far for you to drive how does it make the trip any shorter if I drive??), or (3) give me a day and general time they are coming so I sit around waiting for them all day and then no one shows up or contacts me to say they aren't coming.

Another thing I hate is when you also check off the 'do not contact this person with solicitations' or whatever it is on craigslist and people still spam you. I had some a$$hat send me a spam message at 4:40am telling me to go to some other linked site and sell my stuff on there because they didn't have rules like craigslist. They sent me this message for all 10 textbooks I had listed on craigslist. I get email notifications on my phone so I was woke up at that time with all of those messages. They got 10 not so nice messages back with links to Canada's anti spam law and were reported to craigslist for spamming but man that pi$$es me off! Too bad they aren't too bright because I was able to use their email to find their facebook profile, and from that where they lived and worked, so I had planned on using that to my advantage if they ever contacted me again as a scare tactic for them to leave me the eff alone.
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Wed, Jun 6th, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

The thing about kijiji, no customer service at all!!!!!! lol

I had it happen with a chair as well. except i just wanted the one chair of a pair. they said it was fine. i go rearranging my apt for this chair. about two hours before the chair arrival, she emails me!!!! good thing i checked. she sold it to someone else who was willing to take both. i was angry, but i sort of understood.

its just one of those things where people are vying for the best amount they can get so most throw honor out the window for more cash!!!!!!
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I both buy and sell things on Kijiji, and like roseofblack25, I get really irritated when some says they're coming over. I give them my addy, then I sit and wait and they never show up, or even bother to call you back. I have begun to realize that it's just part of selling on kijiji. I've also found that if I'm going to purchase something, I have to get there asap. If not, even though I said I will purchase it, it's gone. Very frustrating, but again, really nothing I can do. I'm from the old school where everything was done on a handshake and your word was good enough. Now a days, I take very few people at their word because it just doesn't seem to mean the same thing anymore.

My latest horror story....I have several brand new cameras for sale, never used, never out of the box. They are listed for sale at $100 to $300 less than stores are currently selling them for. Here is what happened. Girl calls "Will you take $150 for camera." Me "Yes that will be fine, just bring cash." Girl "OK I will be there in about an hour" I give her my addy. About half hour later phone ring...Guy "Yes you are selling a camera to my girlfried, and we don't drive so our friend is bringing us over, he wants $25 for gas so we will give you $100 for the camera, we will be there in half an hour." (First off. they were only about 5 minutes from where I live!) Me" ???? I'm not paying for your friends gas to drive you hear, and because he needs $25, what happened to the other $25???? " Him " FU" Me " click"

It seems you get all kinds these days. I only let people come over to get stuff when I know my dh is going to be home anymore. You never know which crayon from the box is going to show up!
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Thu, Jun 7th, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    krysta lynne, DaveP, Aimz and 1 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Today on kijiji there was a phone case for $15, I offered $10 but still would've paid the $15..... The seller swore at me telling me I'm a blanking lowballer!!
    krysta lynne likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh holly and pinky -i hear ya -wow too rude-i love to buy and sell on kijij=not recently sold and air conditioner -person 1 didnt want it if i couldnt give the model number on to second person who have me his number and he came in a half hour, trying to sell some dresses for my daughter -who lives in another city -im have had 4 no shows the last few days -about ready to give up -oh lets not forget -sold a top for my 90 year old mother for 5.00-the husband was suppose to come at 7 -then wife messages me can he come at 9.00 -of course i missed that message-didnt think anyone was coming-so my door bell rings at 10.10-unreal -i told hubby if he wasnt home i wouldnt have answered door-thanks for this rant -cause i waited and hour tonight-uggg
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

"You never know which crayon from the box is going to show up!"
    krysta lynne and elizabeths22 like this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

rose of black and hollyquiaser ( prob spelled wrong) i totally agree with you. I have had the worst luck on kijiji, with people giving / selling things when im on my way to get things, and i rely on the bus system so its even worse when its on the other side of the city. Also having people say they're coming to pick something up and than never coming. Its absolutly horrible and so disrespectful. I prefer craigslist much better, takes a bit longer to sell things but people actually come to pick up the stuff when they say they are coming.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

When you agree to something its a verbal contract, you cant just say oh someone else offered full price or more etc. Although its something you can't really do anything about it's bad couth for sure!
    hollyquaiscer and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ugh kijiji. I've been selling things on there for about 2 years I guess. It drives me bonkers.

My ads all say "If item is listed, it is available. I delete all ads immediately after they've been sold". I constantly still get the "Is your item still available?" emails. I've stopped answering them because quite frankly if A. you can't read, B. are too lazy to read then you don't deserve a response. Also I've read reports on the kijiji forums about people who ask if an item is available and then sign your email up for a ton of spam.

I really hate the ones who make an appointment to come pick an item up from me and then never show. Not even a phone call or a quick email to say that they're not coming. It's gotten to the point that when someone says they're going to come pick up an item from me I pretty much take the attitude of I'll believe it when I see it.

Then there was the insulting lowballers. I understand asking for 10-20% lower than the listed price..that's not too bad, but we had an electric keyboard that we had bought for $650 a few years ago. I stopped playing the piano so we listed it for $550. I had a guy email me and tell me it was only worth $100 so he would offer us $50! I sent him a reply nicely stating that we would be refusing his offer as we were in no rush to sell and felt it was worth more. He sent us another email calling us completely stupid and that "if you are looking for a buyer let me know. You'll never get what you want for it." Joke's on him, 3 weeks later I sold it for $500.
    I've got a few items on there for $5. I've had people offer me a buck. Like seriously? Come on. I'm not stupid with my prices, they're quite low for what I'm selling and you want me to sell you my stuff for $1? I don't bloody well think so! I've stopped replying to those emails too because I find when I reply back that "The ad states that the price is firm. I will not be lowering my price" I get some really nasty responses.

The other thing that gets me is when I'm selling an item for $5 and someone asks me to deliver it to them across the city. It would cost me more than the $5 in gas to get it to them! I've only once delivered something and it's because I just happened to be going to that end of town that day.

I've had some amazing luck with kijiji though.. it's not been all bad! We bought baby gates to use while we were training my dog. We bought them for $25 each on sale from Zellers. When Bailey was trained a few months later we sold them almost immediately after posting them for $20 a gate. We had a TON of responses for those and people came right away..
    I've also met some really nice people too.

So it's not been all bad.. and it's nice to get some extra money from things taking up space around the house...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information