User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Points missing - check your accounts.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

WE PAY THE TAXES ON THE WHOLE AMOUNT BEFORE THEY APPLY THE COUPONS!

AAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i did that in caps on purpose, i am frustrated that they are being such jerkoffs about that.

UGH!!
    carlyincanada likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp...brsbl-eng.html

"When you, as a vendor, accept a reimbursable coupon from a customer, you treat the coupon the same as cash."
    carlyincanada, luv2dv8 and Valerey like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I totally understand your frustation !!! I really tryed to argue with them about that and was a flat NO ! it does bugs me because they are getting their money back no matter what .. the only thing they want is to make sure that you "over spend" thats how I feel .. that policy was updated on May 2012 .. I even have the CRA print out with me at all times and still say NO !! ughhh

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tp...brsbl-eng.html

"When you, as a vendor, accept a reimbursable coupon from a customer, you treat the coupon the same as cash."
    anisa and carlyincanada like this.
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

WEll...all I can say if they DARE claw back any more of my points, I will be returning everything I bought on the promo days....AND I will not be participating on any further points days. They are going to lose a whole lot of business over this one.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Reading this newest SDM claw back is more painful than my back! Oh my Lord, what is next from them? Do they want to completely alienate any and all customers they have left? ( facebook beauty tip: give it to them back lash style)
    Unless they do an about face on this one ( they are quite 2-faced in their surprise policy changes) I say jump ship while you still can! Penalize SDM the only way they understand....buy NOTHING from them EVER AGAIN!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

walkonby, i am so saddened by everyone's stories, it makes me less and less enthusiastic about shopping there.

i was really disappointed in their reaction to the december points stealing mess. they didn't do a damn thing to make the system safer for optimum members.

remember, these are ppl who signed up for a loyalty program... they want us to be loyal, but aren't that great about holding up their end of the deal by meeting basic obligations of being fair and not trying to mislead us with nonsensical stories of how coupons don't count for anything.

i very strongly believe what they are doing by totally discounting any points value of fpc's as illegal.
    they recoup their money++ from the manufacturers.

i would strongly support anyone's decision to bring their shopping to a minimum at SDM. no i'm not encouraging a boycot, please don't anyone jump on me! lol.

it's just that i would not blame anyone for feeling as disheartened as i do they have used ppl's trust and stepped on it. how can ppl shop there in good faith?

i haven't been doing much more than milk runs at SDM since Jan.

bah.
    R

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    no i'm not encouraging a boycot, please don't anyone jump on me! lol.
    anisa, I think it's a personal issue with customers and people shopping there just to get the bonus points because they've *always* been there. Please don't feel that you're responsible for angry SDM customers.

SDM chose to let us accumulate points in the manner in which we're accustomed, decided to change their policy without telling anyone, during a bonus points weekend, then take them back after we've shopped, and after we've tossed out the receipt. That ruffles my feathers. If I'm going to use the product, I'm not going to keep the receipt. For them to take away points from everyone's account two weeks later, when most people can't return things, just sounds like it was planned. It also takes away the option of returning the product as well for being unhappy about the purchase. That's a double slap in the face. I think that's what makes people irate.

If I didn't get bonus points AND I didn't get my 20 X the points, that would basically mean I got negative points for spending $50 (with coupons). And that means I see a *whole* lot of paper towels in their future.

Can you imagine if they tick off enough SCers and we've all got our receipts? They would not have to order any toilet paper, paper towels, diapers, etc. for a looooong time. They'd be swimming in returns.

I'm off to dig out any SDM receipts from the past month. Suddenly, I have a crazy urge to save them in a little envelope by my desk.....

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

we can live with change. we might not like it, but we will accept it. such is life.

they didn't give us the benefit of a warning and to go so low as manually go in and delete points?

they must be doing very badly in their books to try such desperate moves.

i haven't had anything happen to my points (yet) but it makes me really disappointed nonetheless.

can you tell i'm ticked?! lol
    carlyincanada and walkonby like this.
    R

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I keep all my receipts and if they claw back my points I will definitely show up at their door with a return, LOL.
    carlyincanada and walkonby like this.
    - Couponing since May 27, 2011 -
    I earned enough swagbucks to redeem for a $5 Amazon e-gift card in my first week of joining
    ! JOIN SWAGBUCKS

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miabee View Post
    I keep all my receipts and if they claw back my points I will definitely show up at their door with a return, LOL.
    I have an awful feeling that if/when I return the items, their computer will deduct the points on those items, so we'll be out 2x the points and good luck trying to sort that out with 1-800-SDM
    walkonby and Marteli like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The points in December went the same way except we didn't have the transaction part of the site to look at it then. I really really believe in my heart that they deducted points in December as they were taken just before a redemption. I also believe that they forgot that we can now see that they are the ones that deducted the recent ones and had to make up an excuse because now we know for sure it was them. There system says so.
    I think they took the december points and didn't say anything cause we couldn't prove it was them. I think those that were missing points in December should Under the privacy act ask for a copy of all of there Transaction Records and see where those points went. I don't have any missing yet but I am afraid I might and I believe this is wrong and they are stealing.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

ughhh I am afraid to look @ my card...I had enough for 2 full $200 redemptions.......

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krazytwacy View Post
    The points in December went the same way except we didn't have the transaction part of the site to look at it then. I really really believe in my heart that they deducted points in December as they were taken just before a redemption. I also believe that they forgot that we can now see that they are the ones that deducted the recent ones and had to make up an excuse because now we know for sure it was them. There system says so.
    I think they took the december points and didn't say anything cause we couldn't prove it was them. I think those that were missing points in December should Under the privacy act ask for a copy of all of there Transaction Records and see where those points went. I don't have any missing yet but I am afraid I might and I believe this is wrong and they are stealing.
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing recently...that it was SDM that took the points......they never gave a reason and they wouldn't disclose where they went, makes me highly suspicious. Their business practices are so under-handed that it wouldn't surprise me if they were the culprits.
    If points were actually stolen/transferred, and customers requested they do an investigation they can't just say they don't know, or that you transferred them, that's not a good enough answer. I didn't have any points disappear last December, but if I had, I would certainly be holding SDM accountable until I got a satifsfactory answer as to what happened to them.
    Last edited by redhdlois; Tue, Jun 12th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krazytwacy View Post
    ==================

My points got taken in DEC & I never got anywhere with SDM!! They basically blamed me!! ugh!!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

well so far I have checked 1 card and all the points are there...I didn't view my transactions though I just listened to the automated thing on the phone ...either way 1 card appears to be safe now to check roomies when he gets home !

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information