Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Plant/Seed Swap?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hi again

Of the things I am growing this year, these are heirloom:

Green Arrow peas, Nantes carrots, Hopi black bush bean, Orca bush beans, Butterscotch bush beans (only have 3 so will be growing it out for seed), Buerre de Roquencourt wax bean (yellow), King of the North pepper (red...not doing well, unfortunately!), Cabbage: Early Golden Acre and Mammoth Red, Tomatoes: Martino Roman, Carbon (so yummy!), and Isis Candy (a cherry tomato), Swiss chard (rainbow), Leeks (Giant Musselburgh), Lacinato kale, Mammoth Russian sunflowers, and button zinnias.

We need a summer with consitently hot weather. Last year was a write-off...so much rain and the temps were cool. At least the chard and kale did well, but I *really* want a bumper crop of tomatoes this year!

I am also doing a trade with someone through a heirloom seed swap site http://www.heirloomseedswap.com/ so next year, I hope to grow strawberry popcorn!
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Mon, Jul 2nd, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    Hi again

Of the things I am growing this year, these are heirloom:

Green Arrow peas, Nantes carrots, Hopi black bush bean, Orca bush beans, Butterscotch bush beans (only have 3 so will be growing it out for seed), Buerre de Roquencourt wax bean (yellow), King of the North pepper (red...not doing well, unfortunately!), Cabbage: Early Golden Acre and Mammoth Red, Tomatoes: Martino Roman, Carbon (so yummy!), and Isis Candy (a cherry tomato), Swiss chard (rainbow), Leeks (Giant Musselburgh), Lacinato kale, Mammoth Russian sunflowers, and button zinnias.

We need a summer with consitently hot weather. Last year was a write-off...so much rain and the temps were cool. At least the chard and kale did well, but I *really* want a bumper crop of tomatoes this year!

I am also doing a trade with someone through a heirloom seed swap site http://www.heirloomseedswap.com/ so next year, I hope to grow strawberry popcorn!
    You must have a LOT of room to grow.. lucky you. Do the Mammoth sunflowers require staking at any point ? I didn't expect my sunflowers to require staking but found out the hard way.... they did.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    You must have a LOT of room to grow.. lucky you. Do the Mammoth sunflowers require staking at any point ? I didn't expect my sunflowers to require staking but found out the hard way.... they did.
    This is the first time I have ever tried to grow the big sunflowers. Usually, I grow ones that are only 3-5 feet tall. These ones, if they reach their potential, are supposed tobe 8-12 feet tall. The ground I planted them in is newly dug up and quite hard, so they are growing slowly. I don't know if I will have to stake them, but if they get to be 6 feet or taller, I likely will! *wondering what on earth I'll use...*

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I would LOVE to trade some seeds with people! I am growing a bazillion tomato's this year, not all heirloom, but most are.
    I have some intresting variety's of seeds as well, Matt's wild cherry, Purple Cherokee, Revered Marrow's Long keepers, San moranzo as well as many others, just not sure which of the others are heirlooms, I have black Krim, yellow pear, some patio and beefstake, some roma's...I have 26 tomato plants this year...but next year I want to go all heirloom for the whole garden. I have heirloom peas to...and I think some of the spicy peppers...not to sure.

I have the alot of seeds already left over from this years planting if anyone wants some.

I am looking for diff tomatos, eggplant, soybeans, beets, lettuce (mixes?) would LOVE some of that strawberry corn someone had mentioned!
    muggos0101 likes this.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I am in Ottawa, hostas, pink peonies, black eyed Susan's and other perennials. Any one else near here?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

interesting
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Deleted post - bad link.

Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Mon, Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: update

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Does anyone have extra calendula seeds to spare?

I am looking for some calendula seeds to grow next summer. (Also called "pot marigold" - Botanical name calendula officinalis. This flower is often used to make medicinal teas and salves). If you have seeds to spare, I would enjoy having them! I can send you a SASE to mail them in, if you wish. Thank you!

Name:  calendula.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  36.4 KB

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I have tons! Will pm you

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    Does anyone have extra calendula seeds to spare?

I am looking for some calendula seeds to grow next summer. (Also called "pot marigold" - Botanical name calendula officinalis. This flower is often used to make medicinal teas and salves). If you have seeds to spare, I would enjoy having them! I can send you a SASE to mail them in, if you wish. Thank you!

Name:  calendula.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  36.4 KB
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

If anyone is interested, I'm collecting seeds from my violas - they are Johnny jump ups with a small dark purple face similar to this:

Name:  20091221173719.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  9.4 KB
    TrueNorthTreasures likes this.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    I have tons! Will pm you
    Thank you so much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information