User Tag List

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momtofive View Post
    Just another quick update. Letter was faxed June 13th to child tax and was told that should be completed by Aug 20th if no issues. Adjustments to income tax was also completed June 13th. Today I see that it has been assigned a case number so I assume I will have to send in information of some sort. Any ideas on what that might be would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great day all
    This is where I am at right now. Did they request anymore info from you?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry Breezymamaof3 I just noticed this. No they did not request any more information and what I can see it does say deposit for Aug 20th. I hope yours is going well to and without any complications.
    Breezymamaof3 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just an update... I got approved for DTC last June 9, 2014, we submit a t1 adjustment request June 13, 2014. Today, i called CRA to follow up bec it's been two months now & we don't hear anything from them, no notice of reassesment or direct deposit if we are getting anything. I was told by the agent that there is nothing going on with my file, so she made a request to the tax centre to look at my file. & it will take a maximum of 4 weeks again before i can get an update & was told to follow up again if I don't get any update after 4 weeks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Question...we have approval for 2013-2019, but because our son was born with his condition in 2009, how do we get CRA to reassess back to then? Our doctor put 2013 as this was the year we received an official diagnosis.

Thanks guys 😊

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

well after 3 failed attempts of RCA sending the questionnaire and it not reaching it's destination I now rec'd a letter stating that if not rec'd within 90 days we are denied. The accidently sent me all the documents saying my son was qualified and sent the payments now they are retracting their statement, anyone else have this happen???
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just an update - We received a letter in the mail on Friday from CRA stating that they had received our application, but that there is a delay in the process. I would have to assume that this means they are sending a questionnaire out to the Dr. Anyone know if this is the case? If so, I am calling the pediatrician this morning and requesting to be a part of the process of filling out the questionnaire to make sure it is done properly.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@jgdmama I would say yes the questionnaire is being sent out The questionnaire is quite different than the application portion completed by the original doctor, best of luck in your journey
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just saw this thread. There is so much good information here. Thank you all.

I also want to wish each of you all the best when it comes to your child's approval for the tax credit.
    Those how need the help, should get it, esp. when the Dr. has known about the problems.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    @jgdmama I would say yes the questionnaire is being sent out The questionnaire is quite different than the application portion completed by the original doctor, best of luck in your journey
    Hi I'm new to this thread and have gotten a lot of useful information here. I have received the same letter about my 3 children, about 3 weeks ago for one child then Thursday for my other 2. Do you know how long after the doctor sends back in the forms will cra make a decision and if the credits will be applied in the ctb? As this has been a long process and hoping for it to finally be completed by Sept .

Any information or help is much appreciated.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I talked to my Drs. office today and they have the questionnaire. They just got back from vacation and it arrived while they were gone. The Dr. will be filling out the forms and sending them back this week. I was told not to worry, that the forms will be filled out correctly. Here's to hoping we will be approved within the next month or so.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dainty3 View Post
    Hi I'm new to this thread and have gotten a lot of useful information here. I have received the same letter about my 3 children, about 3 weeks ago for one child then Thursday for my other 2. Do you know how long after the doctor sends back in the forms will cra make a decision and if the credits will be applied in the ctb? As this has been a long process and hoping for it to finally be completed by Sept .

Any information or help is much appreciated.
    I was told by CRA that once they receive the questionnaire back from the doctor it could take up to 6 weeks before receiving an answer. I have been waiting since April, I'm in the home strectch now just waiting for their final decision. This is the fourth week with no answer after CRA received our questionniare from the doctor.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    well after 3 failed attempts of RCA sending the questionnaire and it not reaching it's destination I now rec'd a letter stating that if not rec'd within 90 days we are denied. The accidently sent me all the documents saying my son was qualified and sent the payments now they are retracting their statement, anyone else have this happen???

Would it help if CRA contacted the doctors offfice by phone, they did that for me and the questionnaire magically appeared lol?? You should not be penalized that the questionnaire is not getting to the doctors office....they need to find a solution. I understand your frusturation.....it tooks weeks for my mess to be sorted out and we are still waiting.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedasher View Post
    I was told by CRA that once they receive the questionnaire back from the doctor it could take up to 6 weeks before receiving an answer. I have been waiting since April, I'm in the home strectch now just waiting for their final decision. This is the fourth week with no answer after CRA received our questionniare from the doctor.
    Thank you @Bluedasher , I have been waiting since around the same time as you...I was told there was a delay because of the Heartbleed virus and that was since May, I'm hoping that this is it now and hope to see an update before Sept 20th.....this while process is like pulling teeth. I've got everything crossed for us all who are still waiting

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found out on CRA website we are entitled to claim the disability tax credit from 2010-2014. What I don't understand is on the original application it stated 2006 but the questionnaire the doctor filled out he put 2010?

Where do I find on the CRA website when the deposit will be made? Also how can I go about getting back payment to 2006 as originally stated on application?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedasher View Post
    Anyone know what the approximate time it takes once questionnaire has been mailed to be processed at CRA, we mail to the Sudbury office?
    I called yesterday as it was exactly 8 weeks since they recieved my sons application in Sudbury and they informed me that the waiting time has changed from 8 weeks to 9 weeks. This is just to decide if approved, denied, or delayed.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information