User Tag List

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaLori View Post
    Well there are two refunds. One for your taxes and yes you can do that online. but there have been different experiences with doing muliple year vrs one year. i was only able to do one and faxed a letter asking for the others. I was told last week 12 weeks to process. Sounds like the one you mention above is the CDB and i was told 8 weeks to process the remaining years once they recieve the fax. I was approved aug 29 and have not yet seen any cash. My tax office is Shawinigan. Processing times are different depending on tax center.
    Thanks,

I confirmed that everything required from me has been submitted, I was told they are allowing 8 weeks for this to be processed, it could be earlier, but they aren't guaranteeing. I've gone this long I can wait 8 weeks.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today it shows I have a credit for the previous 9 years of the CCTB I was wondering if they will deposit this directly anytime now OR if they will wait and deposit it once they figure out the income tax portion. It also shows that as of November I get more for this years CCTB
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Aletter-Thomas View Post
    Today it shows I have a credit for the previous 9 years of the CCTB I was wondering if they will deposit this directly anytime now OR if they will wait and deposit it once they figure out the income tax portion. It also shows that as of November I get more for this years CCTB
    This credit (CDB) gets deposited on the 20th of the month, with your regular CCTB. Its too late for Oct, but you will more than likely get it Nov 20th. Early next month you will log in and see the credit gone and it will be included in the Nov payout. The income tax is totally seperate and will be deposited a week or two once its processed.
    Last edited by OttawaLori; Fri, Oct 17th, 2014 at 11:52 AM. Reason: adding more details
    ROMEO likes this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow, there's sooooo much info here. Thank you all !!!

I just applied, and know virtually nothing. I guess I've a lot of reading to do.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This credit (CDB) gets deposited on the 20th of the month, with your regular CCTB. Its too late for Oct, but you will more than likely get it Nov 20th. Early next month you will log in and see the credit gone and it will be included in the Nov payout. The income tax is totally seperate and will be deposited a week or two once its processed.
    Thanks Lori,
    I dug deeper and the credit I mentioned above is only for the past 2 years and this year reassessed. They still have to do back to 2004! as per their letter.
    ROMEO and OttawaLori like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi guys, newbie here, great thread! I have a question for the disability amount. My son was just approved 10 days ago and I checked my CCTB reassessment online and it shows they will pay only from July 2012 on. However the letter they sent originally mentioned he was approved from year 2012. Is this correct or should I call them and ask why it wasn't calculated from January 2012? It just doesn't make much sense to me. Is everyone else calculated the same way?
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by darynthe View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here, great thread! I have a question for the disability amount. My son was just approved 10 days ago and I checked my CCTB reassessment online and it shows they will pay only from July 2012 on. However the letter they sent originally mentioned he was approved from year 2012. Is this correct or should I call them and ask why it wasn't calculated from January 2012? It just doesn't make much sense to me. Is everyone else calculated the same way?
    The year for CCTB payments run from July to June (ie: July 2012 to June 2013)
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They only automatically reassess the previous 2 and current years. You have to write/fax a letter if you want it adjusted further and they consider the year starting July. If you want jan-jun 2012 done just send them a letter stating that
    darynthe likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

so today after 4 months of waiting I finally got in with my son to have our new gp fill out the questionnaire, she ticked off the answers and wrote notes but I am unsure as to what she ticked off so now I wait to here back from DTC & CTB. Her office was going to fax off the questionnaire with the original mailed out tomorrow. This whole process started in April but that GP at the time left his practice and the questionnaire were being forwarded to that doctors home who never completed them or forwarded them to our new gp (his replacement). Our new gp had to write a letter stating that she took over for this doctor and well finally the questionnaire appeared but it has been completed. I have an appointment again with new gp to have my other son`s questionnaire filled out. To make matters worse CTB approved my 1st son and then realized their costly mistake so if he is not approved I need to repay thousands of dollars, so fingers crossed.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just wondering if anyone who has received their retro pay received it earlier than the 8 weeks that Revenue Canada allows for processing?
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly Aletter-Thomas View Post
    Just wondering if anyone who has received their retro pay received it earlier than the 8 weeks that Revenue Canada allows for processing?
    For me it took exactly 8 weeks after I faxed the letter asking for reassessement. I just got the refund yesterday. the second CDB payment should be next month, so that was 11/12 weeks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi There

i sent my forms to get reassessed for DTC little more than month ago (from 2006-2013) and still nothing just made CRA account online today it shows nothing under quick view thing (just 2013 tax return has been processed and mailed to you)...is there a number i can call to check the status? how long does it usually takes to get the money? I am from Manitoba

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Breezymamaof3 View Post
    They only automatically reassess the previous 2 and current years. You have to write/fax a letter if you want it adjusted further and they consider the year starting July. If you want jan-jun 2012 done just send them a letter stating that
    Oh thanks for the idea! I will do it I guess, after I get the payment for the 2 last years, hopefully next month.
    This will be such a blessing, we are very tight because of the extra expenses my son has for his therapy and an accepting private daycare (he has a grave delay in speech).

I wonder guys, what is your experience getting also the supplement for Quebec? I applied two months before I applied for federal amount and I still have no decision from Qc (I spoke with them last month and they said wait at least three extra months). To be honest, I never counted on being approved for the Federal amount, but I was so sure of Qc. It turned out to be the opposite!

Just to think that I almost didn't send the request to Federal! I kept it in my desk drawer for three months. I was so sure they wouldn't approve because I had read they almost never approve the requests for disability amount....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This morning it shows that the previous two years child tax credit along with November 2014 will be deposited on November 20. However nothing else is showing, no tax assessments or the remamining assessments of the CTC that I requested in writing, just wondering if anyone knows if that eventually shows on the "my account" and out of curiosity anyone know the process to figuring out retro? My son is qualified from 2005 (so I have requested re assessments back to 2005). Right now the only message on my account is "we are processing your information for the disability tax credit"

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes but I also requested as per the agent I spoke to that the CCTB be retro'd back to 2005 as that is the year my son has been qualified from

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information