User Tag List

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vendia View Post
    My youngest daughter has Sickle Cell Disease, this is a blood disorder disease and is life threatening. Because she is well a lot of the time and she has pain crisis very often they say she would not qualify because she she healthy. I want to fill out the paperwork for her,but I do not know what needs to be there for them to consider my application. Any suggestions?
    Gov. wasting billions of dollars in various scandals like gas plant scandal , E Health scandal , Ornge helicopter scandal, wasting money on G20 nonsense etc etc..but they can't help people like you ??..& deny genuine benefits to your daughter ?

Really sad

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I need some help!

My son was diagnosed with ADHD & ODD back in 2010. He has been medicated for both ever since. Things have not improved and we have regular appointments with a Pediatrician and, starting next month, will be seeing a new Psychiatrist. We had one previously but he overmedicated my son to the point that SaskHealth was requesting documentation to justify the amount of drugs. These have since been decreased by the Pediatrician...

He is part of an "Inclusion & Intervention program" through the Ministry of Education and because of that, has an EA designated to him. The school has now requested a Behavioral therapist through the school board because they don't know what to do anymore. He was suspended from school twice this week because of his behavior and lack of self control in simple situations.

After all that blabbing, my actual question is, how much information should I be sending when I do apply for the DTC and who would be the best of our doctors to fill out the forms? Our family doctor is also well aware of what has been going on and has seen him regularly for routine medical work, but she is the one that has been treating him the longest as a general doctor.

What doctor should fill out forms? Would a letter or anything from the school help? Do we mention as much about his schooling and home life on the forms as we can fit?

I have filled them out before and tried to get his first Psychiatrist to fill them out but all he said was it was a waste of my time and we would never be approved.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Are most people using an accountant to file the DTC, a specialized company that files DTC claims, or just doing it on their own? I am not sure which route to go down. Thanks for any advice.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 2.22.06 PM.png
Views: 1072
Size:  26.9 KB

I am wondering if this means that the questionnaire has been sent to the Dr??
    How long after this is posted will the Questionnaire be sent to my Dr?
    If my Dr, Send it right back, how long before a decision is made?

Thanks so much
    Last edited by pmatch; Wed, Mar 25th, 2015 at 02:06 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@ Chillys-Willy I would do it on your own, most people do and fair fine!
    Last edited by pmatch; Wed, Mar 25th, 2015 at 01:40 PM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie106 View Post
    Looking for some help - my DS was diagnosed with ASD in July 2012. At that time our doctor filled out the appropriate forms to receive the benefit. While dealing with the diagnosis, closing a business and "life" we delayed filing taxes for 3 years and have just completed 2011 and 2012 personal taxes. Our accountant lost the disability form and we filed without it. I now have the original form but have been advised from a family friends NOT to file. Our son is extremely high function (thanks to lots and lots of private therapy). She has said that his SIN will be "flagged" with the disability that may be shared with employers down the road. The logical side of me does not believe it and want to file to try and recoup some of the funds we spent and are still spending on therapy. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?? i am really torn ... \thnaks and I apologize for the long post.
    Nope, not true. It would be illegal. A SIN is used by an employer to report income. The gov gives no information and especially not without 18 thousand forms of consent obtained. I guarantee you that it's not the case.
    barbis9 likes this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Thanks for the advice. I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does this mean more forms have been sent to my Doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by pmatch View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 2.22.06 PM.png
Views: 1072
Size:  26.9 KB

I am wondering if this means that the questionnaire has been sent to the Dr??
    How long after this is posted will the Questionnaire be sent to my Dr?
    If my Dr, Send it right back, how long before a decision is made?

Thanks so much
    macw1960 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jacob has been accepted for the credit since october from 2011-now (till he is 18) so i re-applied and re had my drs do more forms to apply from 2005 to 2010. I called to get update they sent questionaire to my dr's office (they never received it ) so now they are resending it. Lets say iam NOT approved and thye dont like teh answers on the questionair...can they cancel his creditNOW? or i just wont get anything from 2005 to 2010?

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pmatch View Post
    Does this mean more forms have been sent to my Doctor?
    I would say that the government is processing your claim to see if you are eligible to receive it.
    I believe there is phone number you can call but I don't know it.
    Last edited by macw1960; Tue, Jun 30th, 2015 at 09:33 AM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter is 15 and has been diagnosed in the 1 percentile for NonVerbal Learning Disorder. She has also been diagnosed with ADHD(7years old), ODD and Depression. The Doctor has documented the non verbal right back to her birth. I just received a letter yesterday saying she has not been approved for the disability credit. Does anyone have any advice on how I can proceed with an appeal?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was diagnosed with Chemically Induced Anxiety Disorder in 2003, Bi-Polar 2 in 2009, and have struggled with a number of mental health issues since childhood. For the last 6 years I've been on Disability for my mental health and addiction issues.

Do I have a claim?

Thankyou.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Disregard.. Applied March 3rd, approved last week! Now the next part of the waiting game!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Nope, not true. It would be illegal. A SIN is used by an employer to report income. The gov gives no information and especially not without 18 thousand forms of consent obtained. I guarantee you that it's not the case.
    The only thing that will be flagged is if your son claims the disability credit and also works. Employers will not know his past. It's a one way system where they send earnings to revenue canada. I have never heard of an employer getting that kind of information from the government.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My dr was sent a questionaire..thats why it was taking so long.
    has anyone ever seen this questionaire? is it almost same thing as the application itself?

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information