User Tag List

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: disability tax credit questions

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jgdmama View Post
    So, I logged into my own CRA account today (the original application was done under my husbands) and I see that my monthly payment, starting in September, has gone up significantly. I wonder if I will be getting the retro amount by check, anyone know? And will it be a lump sum or installments?
    @jgdmama ...I called CRA today they were able to tell me the amount of the back pay that will be deposited into my account with the next deposit date for the Child Tax Credit. If you have direct deposit the whole amount will be deposited into your account. I would suggest calling them to ask the amount and when is the deposit date?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm curious about the next step as well. Is the disability benefit automatic once you see that "You are entitled to claim the disability tax credit" ? And if so, how long after does it show up on the CRA website?
    Once I seen I was entitled to claim within a few days I was able to see that my child tax credit has been increased with the deposit date monthly.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Bluedasher , thanks for the information. When I logged on again tonight, it is now saying "N/A" for September? Could this be because the backpay will be included? The rest of the months (October-June/15) are still saying the normal amount (with the newly calculated CTB included).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Bluedasher, thanks for the information. When I logged on again tonight, it is now saying "N/A" for September? Could this be because the backpay will be included? The rest of the months (October-June/15) are still saying the normal amount (with the newly calculated CTB included).
    It may not have been completed on time to make the cut off for the September CTB payment. I would suggest contacting CRA they will give you exactly the period being paid for and when it will be deposited.

They told me I was only being paid back to June 2012 and I had to write a letter requesting to be paid back to January 2010. Best to call them to get correct info that way you don't miss out on any back pay

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Back pay on my account was not listed just my increased monthly CTB. When I called CRA they gave me the exact amount I was entitled to for back pay and the deposit date.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CRA recieved my sons application at Shawinigan on June 25. initially i was told 6-8 weeks to find out if approved, denied or delayed. That was increased at the 8 week point to 9 weeks, and again at the 9 week point to 10 weeks. I suspect that if it's still processing next week and I call back it will be increased again another extra week. Has anyone had a recent application in the Shawinigan office and if so, how long did it take to get the first response (approved, denied or delayed). Thanks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For the disability benefit they only paid me back until July 2012 but CRA stated I could request in writing to be paid back to January 2010. The letter has been mailed but is this back pay something that has to be approved or it will be approved just a formality to put in writing? I don't understand if you were approved back to 2010 why they don't pay you back to 2010?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Bluedasher , I'm not sure. I haven't received anything in writing from CRA yet. When I called them today, they didn't really know whey my September CTB had "N/A" beside it. She said it would likely be updated next week and would show my back pay with my September Payment. I guess we'll see next week. I would love to get a letter stating I could claim another 2 years

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@ bluedasher , So, I checked again today, and did find the amount of my retroactive. I could see what will be deposited into my account on Sept. 19. They are paying me back to July 2012, not sure where they got that month from. The application stated only that she was diagnosed in 2012, and there was not a specific month. I wonder if perhaps the questionnaire required an actual date and July was put on it then???

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hi I m new to this forum.can anyone please help me with dtc/ I apply 8 mth now/ mylast letter from cra say we haved adjusted u 2004-2013 incomtax and benefit returns to allow disabilty amount. we will send the notices of reassesassment separately.we have foawarded caregiver amount to appropriate section of our office. they will notify you when they have completed their review.date letter aug 12 2014 do anyone know when am i goin to get my refund? what is the next step from cra if no refund. thanku so much if anyone know

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by chantha View Post
    hi I m new to this forum.can anyone please help me with dtc/ I apply 8 mth now/ mylast letter from cra say we haved adjusted u 2004-2013 incomtax and benefit returns to allow disabilty amount. we will send the notices of reassesassment separately.we have foawarded caregiver amount to appropriate section of our office. they will notify you when they have completed their review.date letter aug 12 2014 do anyone know when am i goin to get my refund? what is the next step from cra if no refund. thanku so much if anyone know
    8 months is a long time. You may want to call cra and find out whats up with your file.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good day all, this is for all that have been approved well 'entitled' do you know how long it take for the reassessments to be done and when you will receive the retro payments? I logged in an seen that my children gave be deemed 'entitled ' so just wondering if this is going to take another month....for October ctb or longer?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Chantha Mine too has taken around 8 months and I have just seen this past week (week ending Sept 5th) that my children are entitled. If you have a cra account you can see the updates to your account before you receive the letter. You should hopefully receive your dtc for September.
    Last edited by dainty3; Sun, Sep 7th, 2014 at 08:51 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Once I saw that we were "entitled" to receive the DTB, I checked our CRA account online, and within a week I was able to find the retro amount and that it would be deposited to our account with our regular September payment. I will get it on the 19th. You have to do some searching around the site to find it, but it should be there.
    The whole process for us only took about 3-4 months from the time we sent in the original application. However, we deal with the St. Johns tax center, which is smaller and not as busy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the info, so you saw the 'entitled' message in August to get your DTC retro for September?

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information