User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Gah! So torn re finding a babysitter for Jenny!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, Deevious...I know she would have been in good hands....
    Avon, I'm running out of time...we leave mid July....so far I guess the older gal with the golden lab will be my ultimate choice...I just don't trust that other gal with the two kids "who love dogs"...I don't need Jenny mauled and chased around by elementary-aged kids....she's jut more accustomed to a quieter pace of life.....
    So...the search continues.....

Thanks everyone...it's good to know I'm not the only one who has this problem with little pups...I always felt our Tammy understood about her kennel, and she was always anxious to get out of the car and romp into the place, but Jenny's more tentative about new places. We did leave her once at the Royal Spa and Kennels in Barrie, but...meh...it's a kennel, afterall, and we didn't have much time to look for anyone or anything else....thanks again.....

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Thank you, Deevious...I know she would have been in good hands....
    Avon, I'm running out of time...we leave mid July....so far I guess the older gal with the golden lab will be my ultimate choice...I just don't trust that other gal with the two kids "who love dogs"...I don't need Jenny mauled and chased around by elementary-aged kids....she's jut more accustomed to a quieter pace of life.....
    So...the search continues.....

Thanks everyone...it's good to know I'm not the only one who has this problem with little pups...I always felt our Tammy understood about her kennel, and she was always anxious to get out of the car and romp into the place, but Jenny's more tentative about new places. We did leave her once at the Royal Spa and Kennels in Barrie, but...meh...it's a kennel, afterall, and we didn't have much time to look for anyone or anything else....thanks again.....
    The kennel we bring maze to is one of the best kennel in my area. They have been in business since 1976 and the place is outstanding..but, like you mentioned..it's still a kennel..lol!
    We started bringing Maze there because nobody seemed to want to babysit a big dog.
    Now with harley, it's a different story.. If we cant find a sitter well were just not going..lol... ok, maybe not, but i have several family members and friends that loves small dogs so i hope they still do when i need them to babysit..lol.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You're fortunate to have such a good kennel where you are....we did kennel Jenny once in Barrie...Royal Kennels...and she was fine, but it's still a kennel, yes. I don't think you'll have a problem with harley....you may find people are lined up to take him!

I think we're going to go with the gal who has the older golden lab. He and Jenny got along very nicely, and...well...she seemed nice. If she has to go to camp, then so be it...I'm sure she'll be safe.............................................. ....................

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I told you before you have to move closer to me Lynn I would loooooooooooooooooove to have her Kayla or me would me home for her ALLLLLL day. Oh and Kayla makes dog bows so we can make her all pretty lol.
    Lynn49 and kazm-l like this.

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

If I was closer I would offer to look after her but I might also not give her back.
    Andit, KK7 and Lynn49 like this.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Kim, Jo....I would trust you or anyone on here with my gentle Jenny...okay...maybe not Jo......
    Thank you so much!!!
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

If you ever want to go shopping in Toronto, you can always drop her off with us. Lily dog is not really a dog person, but she knows to treat doggy guests as royalty, & Quincy cat would just give her the "you're beneath me" stare of contempt.

Of course, when you come to pick her up, I might hand you the black & white one instead, by "accident".
    Lynn49 likes this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

You are braver than I! I only trust my son and/or his roommate to watch my babies. Otherwise, where I go, they go or I don't go.
    Andit likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    You are braver than I! I only trust my son and/or his roommate to watch my babies. Otherwise, where I go, they go or I don't go.
    Now I'm really sad................... I'm a bad mother....sob....I'm not at all brave...I'm scared, my knees are knocking and....well...I'd like to say I haven't eaten in a week, but that's not true!
    I think that older lady would be fine, and her dog is an old guy, and by the time we left, a 1/2hr later, they were completely ignoring each other. Which is exactly what Jenny wanted anyway...she prefers human company...
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    If you ever want to go shopping in Toronto, you can always drop her off with us. Lily dog is not really a dog person, but she knows to treat doggy guests as royalty, & Quincy cat would just give her the "you're beneath me" stare of contempt.

Of course, when you come to pick her up, I might hand you the black & white one instead, by "accident".
    Oh, Andi, don't tempt me, but you have your hands full as it is, Darling Girl....You have such a good heart, I know Jenny would be safe and happy with you ... and she may be the one handing the black and white one over to me! Thank you, Andi...but it's too much to ask....but thank you so much for the offer...
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Never too much to ask when it comes to someone with such a cute face.

Besides, I'm quickly discovering that the tiny box in the sky I live in is actually palatial compared to the new condos they're building in my neighbourhood (my modest studio is bigger than the new 2 bedroom luxury condo ). I'm wondering if the developer was used to designing dog houses before?

Oh, Andi, don't tempt me, but you have your hands full as it is, Darling Girl....You have such a good heart, I know Jenny would be safe and happy with you ... and she may be the one handing the black and white one over to me! Thank you, Andi...but it's too much to ask....but thank you so much for the offer...
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

LOL....you have one of the most upbeat outlooks on life I've ever come across, Andi...like your glass is always half-full...
    We sometimes do go to Toronto to shop or when my DH has his doctors' appointments (unfortunately he's flying there next month instead of driving...sigh...no shopping for me)...it's just for the day or a few hours...I may just take you up on your offer!
    Have a lovely Sunday, Hon!!! {{{{HUGS}}}}
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, Jun 24th, 2012 at 10:47 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Tell him you've run out of craft supplies & have to come to Toronto for a consult. & you have to come to my neighbourhood to see SOMA where you can see chocolates being made (only for the humans, poor critters will have to starve ).

LOL....you have one of the most upbeat outlooks on life I've ever come across, Andi...like your glass is always half-full...
    We sometimes do go to Toronto to shop or when my DH has his doctors' appointments (unfortunately he's flying there next month instead of driving...sigh...no shopping for me)...it's just for the day or a few hours...I may just take you up on your offer!
    Have a lovely Sunday, Hon!!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Oh Lynn! You're not a bad mum!

Jenny is always welcome here. Just DH and I and we've been volunteering with rescues for years. We are on speed dial with lots of our friends for "Camp Auntie and Uncle". Two weeks ago it was Sherman the bulldog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information