User Tag List

Thread: Yuck! A tick!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

One of my doggies just came in from playing outside and I was looking in his ear and saw a TICK!
    I whipped him into the bathroom, grabbed a kleenex and pulled the sucker (litterally) out of there! The tick was moving and I don`t think it had ``latched on`` yet because I didn`t see any sore or hole on his ear when I was done. Now we give our dogs Flea and Tick meds each month and have since MARCH this year.<
    I`m thinking he might have picked it up at the dog park yesterday. How long do those things stay on a dog? What can I do to discourage ticks if they are in OUR Yard? I`m paranoid! My cat once had fleas and I had to fumigate the whole house and wash everything! What am I in for here? Any experience and/or help would be appreciated!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I am a Tick expert ask away lol One thing is you should of used tweezers to remove the tick and you need to pull upward do not twist The huge thing is making sure you get the head of the tick. After getting him out take him outside and hammer him they DO NOT die easliy. There are a couple herbal edemys my mom uses that she sprays on her dog before going into Rock Point if you want I will ask her. Ticks can live on your furry friends for quite sometime. This is why I use revalution now kills ticks. I also have always given Snoopy vacine for Lyme disease. But once I use the revualution for the whole season he won't need it anymore. You can kind of tell how long the have been on your friend if their fat and puffy they been on their for a bit lol. It is annoying but not something you have to be too afraid of. Just make sure you give them a good rub down after walks. Look in the hot spot areas ears, under their leg pits arm pits lol ect ect. You will always feel a bump.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks a lot KK7! He doesn't seem to be bothered by it. I'll give him a check-over again.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

You can also use another gadget to remove ticks which is essentially a plastic teaspoon with a V notched out of it.
    Slide it up under the tick and twist it and the tick ends up inside the cup part of the spoon. (You might be able to get one at your vet's office).
    Another way to remove them is to smother them in vaseline. Put a gob of vaseline on them so they can't breath and then use tweezers to remove them.

The Lymes disease shot is definately a good idea. Our dog has to get this every year because we have so many ticks in our area.
    Nasty little things
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Thread Information