User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: How about the solar lights for garden?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey,guys! I want to decorate my front yard,there are some flowers and trees. but it's full of darkness when the night coming,so I am going to buy some lights that cost less power,maybe solar lights is suitable,any suggestions?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I bought 6 of the back garden just around my patio area. They are a cute addition. They don't cast a tonne of light but they do illuminate the immediate area.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You can get solar lights at Costco. They are made well and won't cost you an arm and a leg. However, I advise you not to put them in your front yard, they will most likely get stolen or vandalized. Some people's children....
    Patty Smyth, gourmetsue and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Bought some from crappy tire when they were on clearance last year. They cast an awesome shadow! Love'em!
    Two of my immediate neighbors went way overboard with the lights this year. Im just waiting for the airplanes to land.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by miztia View Post
    Bought some from crappy tire when they were on clearance last year. They cast an awesome shadow! Love'em!
    Two of my immediate neighbors went way overboard with the lights this year. Im just waiting for the airplanes to land.
    That's probably me. LOL
    We have SO many in our backyard I joke that Clark Griswold couldn't do this better.
    anisa and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    283 (100%)

....Two of my immediate neighbors went way overboard with the lights this year. Im just waiting for the airplanes to land.
    Name:  lol.gif
Views: 3115
Size:  130.4 KB
    AmberLab likes this.
    Trade list
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/368102-...a/#post5658618

I do not offer giftcard, stamps, and SDM points

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

End of last season I bought a solar lamppost with a planter at the bottom it was $189 got it for 60 at Walmart. It's pretty nice. Solar really doesn't cast any light to speak of but they are pretty. i also got some tulip ones on clearance for $1, they open up very cute.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Hilarious. There is a house a street over from ours just light that. It just have 24 of them in the front. It's like day light over there.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I use mine round paths around 6 ft apaart.

However I keep them charged in the house for winter time black outs.They give a comfortable amount of safe light round small children.
    Kitty77 and GoJays like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Huh, this thread just reminded me. I got some for Chirstmas, going to go and dig them out tomorrow. Thanks
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

bought some cheap solar lights at Giant Tiger. They are doing great for $0.50 each.
    We buy more solar lights at the end of the gardening season, when they start to close the garden centres.
    So late June or July is a good time.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have some....bought them at Home Depot last year for $0.50 each....down from $5.00. Wait until they go on clearance...it should be soon. I think I bought mine in July. Agree on not putting them in a front yard....they are easy targets for people with sticky fingers.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Have them and they are great! I got them as a gift, BUT you can get them at dollarama for 2.00 each

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

ikea has some. last summer i bought the ones that are dome shaped ones you can put down on any surface. i had put them out where it rains, but that just didn't work. now i have 2 of them up on my balcony, on the little side tables where the seating is. they are nice mood lighting. they're not cheap, about 8 bucks.

they also have these little spotlights you stake in the garden. 3 lights on a string, very small, but i have them right in with the flowers and they are a nice accent.

a really neat project i saw last yr, which i think would be perfect for grabbing up clearance lights at the end of the season.
    solar Jar lights are kind of expensive, but you can make your own.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Home-made-Sun-Jar/

Name:  Fast-Easy-Sun-Jar.jpg
Views: 2037
Size:  11.9 KB

another idea i saw last yr was this. you use ceiling light globes. i could totally see someone using a string of solar lights to do this. set the solar charger on a stake outside the globe, and let it totally light up at night.
    http://cfabbridesigns.com/gardening-...garden-globes/

fyi... i ALWAYS see these glass globes at thrift stores.

Name:  IMG_1015-680x1024.jpg
Views: 2941
Size:  51.3 KB

these are just 2 projects i would love to do. maybe some day
    Last edited by anisa; Wed, Jun 20th, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
    bgheuchert likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I got a couple of blue solar balls from giant tiger clearance last year. Wish I had got more. I hung them high off the pergola.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information