User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: huh? what did you say?!?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry, OP, but there are better ways to cope with shopping and little kids than letting them play with things the store expects to sell. Sure it's a ball right now, but what if someday he starts to open packages to see the toys? Are you buying that, or putting it away like nothing's wrong?
    But then, I'm the mom who has marched my kids to customer service to appologise for pocketing a candybar.

I hate letting my kids play with merchandise before it's paid for (I was in retail for a long time, and, really, the lesson learned is people are pigs... especially when they know it's someone's job to clean up after them). I prefer to let them carry a small (well worn) toy of their own. And in my purse there's usually a small number of suckers for treats when they are good.

The cashier was out of line with that remark, though.
    c_mcarthur, xox2010, Aimz and 1 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

what ever happened to the good old days when u wouldn't allow kids to touch anything in the store "cause we hadnt bought it",when i go shopping it astonishes me these kids that say i gotta have it and the parents say no but they always give in kids now a days are spoiled lil brats....im sorry but i had to say it.
    I also agree the cashier shouldn't have said anyting

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I too work in retail and depending on what time it is in my shift will determine my mood lol. Picking up after other people starts off easy but towards the end of my shift after I have picked up after 50-100 people it does tend to get annoying. I am never go to say anything to a customer though but inside sure I am grumbling.
    when I am shopping and have picked up something that I later change my mind about Either myself or my husband will put it back in its orginal spot. I get tired of picking up after others at work so I am not going to do it to someone else.
    I do understand needing to entertain a small child when shopping I am just glad right now giving her one of the items from my cart keeps her entertained.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information