Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Annoying Kijiji Ad

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-pets-othe...AdIdZ388054211

I think you will understand as to why its annoying.. and pisses me off!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

If a bunny is too much to handle, wonder how long the puppy will last .

I'll never be able to understand how some folk think living creatures are disposable .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

awww and what a cute lil bunny too! God that makes me mad! animals just want to love and be loved.. to be shoved away when they're an "inconvenience" drives me insane. Do people ever think about what this does to the animal themselves? I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be an animal that's been given away like that. I'd be wondering where my family was, when they were coming back, why they aren't around.. don't they love me?? And for those who get given to shelters.. to go from the freedom of a yard and a house, to a cage.. it honestly breaks my heart. It really does.

I'm tired of people who don't see a pet as a lifelong (their life) responsibility. YOU wanted the pet, YOU made a commitment, YOU own up to it.

I'm going to go give my dog a huge hug now...

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If you knew you had to give away the bunny to get the puppy then don't get a puppy. Plain and simple that drives me absolutely insane when people just feel like oh it was too much responsibility or oh I changed my mind. Now the poor little bunny who has probably settled in to his what he thought would be forever home, has to be uprooted and moved to another place it will have to get used to. I absolutely love that cute little bunny though and I feel so bad for it
    Last edited by roseofblack25; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hate people who give away animals for no reason. And how many people can't damn spay their cat and get a bunch of kittens. There's a hundred cats and kittens at a time on my local kijiji.

We're giving away the two gigantic (hip-height) dogs my grandpa had on his farm on kijiji (he's gone into care, so we're downsizing the farm in preparation to sell it), and I feel guilty about that, but we can't keep them, our yard at home is far too small for what they need. It would be completely detrimental to them to keep them in a yard this tiny. So we're interviewing for the right home for them so they can live the rest of their days happy and well taken care of. That makes me feel a little less bad, but not a ton.
    Last edited by Chantel; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 02:19 AM.
    Speckled28 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am a pet and animal lover and adopt them all the time...soft hearted...ducks,turtles,dogs, cats, birds, ...
    Seriously,,,,do your research....
    Animals adjust and appreciate....Humans have feeling and feel bad...animals don't....
    You are the one''s that cause the emotional trauma for the animals, they follow what you feel.
    Nature and animals allow them to adapt....not FEEL....so stop letting your feelings affect them.
    They are animals and can adapt and will...
    You are feeling for yourself.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

The animals you speak of, Darlataz, who find themselves in good homes may adapt, some easier than others. But the hundreds of thousands in our country being killed yearly in shelters, pounds, vet's offices, etc because of irresponsible owners and lack of homes.....I don't know...you think they adapt well to that too?

It's about the law of supply and demand and the almighty dollar. Irresponsible people who don't do their research and preparation for a animal they bring into their home run out and buy pets, only to dump them at the first signs of inconvenience. Pet shops that sell animals and unethical breeders love this! The more pets being bought, the more profit they make. We, as a society, perpetuate this horrible cycle when we view living creatures we've brought into our homes as being disposable.

So yes, some of us feel. Imagine the fate of millions more animals if we didn't.

LesliesBookStore
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Maybe it tried to eat the dog...
    snuffaluffagus likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I gave away my first born on kijiji when I had my second baby.....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by darlataz View Post
    I am a pet and animal lover and adopt them all the time...soft hearted...ducks,turtles,dogs, cats, birds, ...
    Seriously,,,,do your research....
    Animals adjust and appreciate....Humans have feeling and feel bad...animals don't....
    You are the one''s that cause the emotional trauma for the animals, they follow what you feel.
    Nature and animals allow them to adapt....not FEEL....so stop letting your feelings affect them.
    They are animals and can adapt and will...
    You are feeling for yourself.

Umm for many species of animal it is actually very stressful and can cause death. Look at certain parrot species, like macaw and cockatoos. Many of them actually do become "depressed" and even some die when they are rehomed and that is a fact. I really think you need to do some research and educate yourself because animals do have emotions and can feel happy/sad.

I am not going to and never will make excuses for irresponsible pet owners who throw away one pet when they become bored with it just to get another one to fill that "void". You may support it or be fine with it, but I am not!

"You are feeling for yourself".. umm what does this even mean?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It is very sad when animals have to change homes but you don't know what the situation is. Maybe the puppy was given to them and the owner was not consulted (Here's a puppy, happy birthday!).

Or maybe the owner thought that the dog and bunny would get along but the puppy is a danger to the bunny so the owner is giving it away for the bunny's safety. Don't assume unless you know the full story. Too much of that happens on this forum

Hope that cutie pie finds a new, loving home
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

You're correct, torontogal12, in that there may sometimes be valid exceptions. But in the case of the ad, the poster clearly states that he/she now has a puppy and has to get rid of the rabbit. If a puppy is given to me as a present, I'm free to say, "no, thank you" if I can't take care of it, or of my current pets, properly. In the second situation, the puppy can be kept separate from the bunny and, at the same time, it can be trained to leave it alone. It's a perfect opportunity to train the puppy at a young age.
    hollyquaiscer and Snow Queen like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I found this video couple months back and LOVE it!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    It is very sad when animals have to change homes but you don't know what the situation is. Maybe the puppy was given to them and the owner was not consulted (Here's a puppy, happy birthday!).

Or maybe the owner thought that the dog and bunny would get along but the puppy is a danger to the bunny so the owner is giving it away for the bunny's safety. Don't assume unless you know the full story. Too much of that happens on this forum

Hope that cutie pie finds a new, loving home
    So I guess people aren't capable of saying a one syllable word "NO" anymore? If someone offered to give me a free animal, and I already had one that I couldn't devote all of my time to, I wouldn't be accepting free animals. It's the owners responsibility to ensure they get along before they go out and "buy" a new animal. That is why most ethical breeders attempt to see how all the animals interact to an animal they are trying to place into your home before you buy it.

People need to be more responsible and I don't care if you think I am "assuming" something, I am going based on what the ad says. Is it that hard to be a responsible pet owner these days? Has society become this bad that this is seen as acceptable?

Ha ha..
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Wonderful typos

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

My dog is a member of my family (pack). She is treated with the same love, respect and all her needs are met, from food, water and shelter to Vet visits for shots and boosters. She goes to the vet when she is not acting her usual self, just as I would take one of my children to the Dr's.

I would never dream of giving away my dd because I had another dd! I really wish that people would take the time to research the breed of the animal they want to purchase. Get to know what is involved in giving this animal a healthy happy life, and how long the commitment will be. Thank about things like what do I do when I want to go on holidays, who will look after it if I'm away overnight, how much will the food cost me and so many more questions that should be answered BEFORE the animal is brought home.

Things like this make me so angry!!!!!
    Tbites likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information