• 2 Post By dariusz8
  • 1 Post By hollyquaiscer
  • 2 Post By jasperandchar
  • 1 Post By babyluck
  • 1 Post By isthia

Thread: My kitchen night continues AGAIN

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I ended up with the worst possible passive lawyer ever, I wanted a pitbull and I got a golden retriever, I mean really am I paying to be nice....

After recently involving Home Hardware's Head Office in St. Jacobs, the owner of my home hardware has said that HE IS AN IDOT, no that's not it. That they are going to release both parties (the store and myself)....blah...blah....horse....prick....anyway s.

I asked my lawyer to email me the last invoice I rec'd that was given to my golden retriever lawyer and what the new outstanding balance is BECAUSE the jerk of the owner is playing with words in his email as to approx. $ figures and not being upfront.....

now waiting for the golden retriever to stop rolling over and licking his balls (sorry if offensive).

I will never ever buy anything from another Home Hardware.

PS my legal fees now stand at $1600.00 for a $2674.00 dispute.

Below was originally posted May 3rd.

So as most of you know I had a kitchen if you can call that professionally installed by the Home Hardware that I purchased them from. The kitchen was a crap job to say the least....So I hired a lawyer, I gave him a $500.00 retainer and he said that I should get some of the $ back. Now I receive an invoice saying that I now owe another $350.00 to the law firm, so I'm no further ahead because I knew the HH would not return the lawyers calls and I was correct with the exception of the owner of the Home Hardware talking my bill up....and still no resolution. It's been a week and now I've told the lawyer today I want a yes or no from the HH as to wether they are goiing to release me from what I owe them and I release them from warranty repairs/issues. And that I am not willing to spend anymore monies on this...
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Hardware
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Thu, Jun 14th, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I feel your pain. If it's any consolation, your post is funny as hell !
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I know i shouldn't be laughing but ur post is great !!! Hope he doesn't start chasing his tail after he's don doing you know what . But in all seriousness hope it gets better for you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I ended up with the worst possible passive lawyer ever, I wanted a pitbull and I got a golden retriever, I mean really am I paying to be nice....

After recently involving Home Hardware's Head Office in St. Jacobs, the owner of my home hardware has said that HE IS AN IDOT, no that's not it. That they are going to release both parties (the store and myself)....blah...blah....horse....prick....anyway s.

I asked my lawyer to email me the last invoice I rec'd that was given to my golden retriever lawyer and what the new outstanding balance is BECAUSE the jerk of the owner is playing with words in his email as to approx. $ figures and not being upfront.....

now waiting for the golden retriever to stop rolling over and licking his balls (sorry if offensive).

I will never ever buy anything from another Home Hardware.

Below was originally posted May 3rd.

So as most of you know I had a kitchen if you can call that professionally installed by the Home Hardware that I purchased them from. The kitchen was a crap job to say the least....So I hired a lawyer, I gave him a $500.00 retainer and he said that I should get some of the $ back. Now I receive an invoice saying that I now owe another $350.00 to the law firm, so I'm no further ahead because I knew the HH would not return the lawyers calls and I was correct with the exception of the owner of the Home Hardware talking my bill up....and still no resolution. It's been a week and now I've told the lawyer today I want a yes or no from the HH as to wether they are goiing to release me from what I owe them and I release them from warranty repairs/issues. And that I am not willing to spend anymore monies on this...
    babyluck and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

That really sucks that you have still yet to get any resolution to this mess. You can bet the lawyer will charge you yet again to ask HH about releasing you. As I said in the very first thread about the issues you were having, the only one that wins is the lawyer when you get them involved in anything. It's always better to try and resolve yourself, but I know is your case that wasn't happening with HH. I hope others thinking of a major purchase from HH will think twice after all the issues you have had. Hopefully there will be end in sight soon, I feel for you.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thank you everyone for your conforting words....I made it sound silly because I'm trying to make light of a very frustrating situation as it's been over 6+ months since I've had a functioning kitchen sink, I've been doing the flippin' dishes in a rubbermaid in the bath-tub.....oh the pain of this all....I don't have tax pain but I sure have a large pain in ............. Oh well hopefully the golden retriever won't learn to play dead in the next little while (lol). I think HH needs to buy me a new rubbermaid because the one I have is broken and falling apart after being used 3x a day for the last 6 months + a new set of glasses would be great as most of mine got broke falling in the tub, I spend an enourmous amount of $ on paper plates and cups, over the last little while atleast I didn't have to wash those, I've gone insane through this whole experience well almost...I don't ever wish this mess on anyone...where is the justice in all of this,
    hollyquaiscer and babyluck like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Hopefully you will see an end of this soon.

scissoritis
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Don't give up! I had dealings with a terrible lawyer when I bought my house. Three major errors in three weeks (one to the tune of $10, 000 had I not caught it!!) and rude treatment to boot. I almost lost the house because he lost paperwork. I wrote a letter before I paid the bill, explaining that if I was in a restaurant and had bad food and poor service I wouldn't pay the full bill, and I didn't expect to pay his bill (actually I concluded by saying "I trust you will adjust your fee accordingly"). He offered me 50%!

Put your foot down. Ultimately even lawyers are service based and you can stand your ground!
    sicosnipophobia

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

$500 might get you about 2 hours of work from a lawyer.

i am afraid a pitbull will cost you much more
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Poor you for still going through this! If I were you I would talk to your lawyer and see what else can be done. If your lawyer can not help you, maybe get a second laywer to take a look at your case and see.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

isthia I never thought of asking for a discount, he thinks he doing a great job (ya right) that we're getting some where (ya because I'm doing the leg work)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

$500.00 was the retainer....no his fee is $250.00 an hour, I'm at $1600., pitbull or not he hasn't done anything put leave 1 voice-mail and read my emails for updates....

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

$500.00 was the retainer, he charges $250.00 an hour, I'm now up $1600.00

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    $500 might get you about 2 hours of work from a lawyer.

i am afraid a pitbull will cost you much more

Thread Information