User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alevry78

Thread: An Update for Isabella's Umbrella

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Firstly, let me say that it has been far too long since I have posted on SC. After the big SC overhaul, I failed to login correctly so I just lurked the boards instead.

Things have been very busy for my ladies with Isabella's Umbrella and I wanted to take a few moments to share with everyone the wonderful strides that have been made.

Many of you will recall that Isabella's Umbrella was started in 2011 by my very best friend to honour the memory of her precious daughter Isabella, by providing comfort bags to families facing a similar journey with their little ones. It began with a donation of 50 comfort bags to the Stollery Children's Hospital NICU. From there, an additional 50 bags were provided to the Foothills Hospital NICU in Calgary. Additional bags were provided to the Red Deer Regional Hospital NICU as well. The ladies then provided bags to the Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon.

During this time, Isabella's Umbrella became a registered society, adding a few additional members and launching their website www.isabellasumbrella.com.

Recently, Isabella's Umbrella was sponsored by the Alberta Royal Purple Lodges Association and we were so grateful to be able to receive fantastic donations from them at their Provincial Conference held earlier this month! http://www.abroyalpurpleassn.com/id6.html

It is incredible what can be achieved when communities come together. Our initial achievements could not have been achieved without donations from the SC community (those members know who they are and they will have a special place in our hearts forever) and we are truly blessed and honoured to have been embraced by the community the way we have been and we cannot say thank you enough.

We have deadlines looming for 50 additional bags once again to the Stollery, and we are providing bags for the first time to the Royal Alexandra hospital as well. When that happens, we will be officially out of product for the first time ever.

I know couponing has become a lot more difficult, so I would like to put a call out. We are desperately seeking donations of toothpaste, lotion (trial sized) and toothbrushes.

We would be truly honoured to receive any donations or trades (product or coupon), however even if you are able to provide information on good sales, low prices or great bargains that would be very helpful too! We have members in Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary and would be happy to arrange trades in any of those locations as well.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us bring families with babies in NICU's a bit of comfort.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Alevry78; Thu, Jun 28th, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
    Rika likes this.

Thread Information