User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: New Coupon Policy DOESN"T Work

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wonder if we could just politely ask the cashier if they could enter in the FPC coupon as 2001 not 2002, so that it would count, I really wouldn't mind paying the tax on stuff like John Freida, which is like $14.99, 2,800 points for 2 Bucks. I mean really, the worst result could be no, It's still free. Until they get the system corrected, if this policy change is even true.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

it really should not be our job to teach them.

ppl are not fighting because they feel entitled and just want to be pushy.

we are trying to make them follow Canadian law. they are such a massive company. if they want to make the change properly, i would imagine it shouldn't take more than a day, Especially if they are making grand announcements about this change in a public forum.

they thought they could be greedy and sneaky and it backfired. now instead of sorting it all out properly, and being thorough in making sure all the t's are crossed, and the i's are dotted, they are playing a desperate, misinformed and uneducated game of catch up.

they are being lazy. in their most recent policy, they have used basic terms incorrectly and misinterpreted the very simple laws and definitions. if they are releasing policies that are incorrect in basic definition, how is the unfortunate cashier going to interpret the information? it isn't their responsibility to correct policy mistakes.

i truly feel sorry for whoever is having to type out the responses on facebook, because i am sure they are wincing at each comment. it is entirely the fault of some policy makers who think they are being overly smart and really are just making a mockery of the whole thing.

they thought that we are frivolous and don't pay attention to detail when it comes to our households and families and shopping for them. the ones making the policies probably make more than enough money themselves and don't worry over such 'trivial' details.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What should I do?

Im home with my stuff and no points:
    Go back to the store with or without my stuff plus the receipt? or
    Call H.O?

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I'd call head office first....you may be able to save yourself a trip back to the store.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

thanks for heads up, going there shortly. no FPC's yet, got it lol.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Called head office, they won't get detail of the transaction until Monday, so will wait for it on Monday.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I've heard of many people doing this so I'm sure it works with some cashiers. I have had cashiers enter FPCs as 2001 without me asking before (which I don't mind if it's on a 20x day).

Quote Originally Posted by coupondude2012 View Post
    I wonder if we could just politely ask the cashier if they could enter in the FPC coupon as 2001 not 2002, so that it would count, I really wouldn't mind paying the tax on stuff like John Freida, which is like $14.99, 2,800 points for 2 Bucks. I mean really, the worst result could be no, It's still free. Until they get the system corrected, if this policy change is even true.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

To anyone who used FPC's, did you end up getting NO points at all for 20X? or did some points show up for the actual amount you spent times 20, and just nothing on the FPC stuff?

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Not surprised one little bit...I suspected there was no way that they would have their system changed by today.....

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Hmmmm.Something to think about. What a gong show really.
    carlyincanada likes this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    Help.
    Im already home with my stuff and no points. Before FPC total was $82.XX, after $32.41. What is my next step? Do I go back with or without my stuff plus my receipt or would a phone call to H.O get my pts?

I don't want to go back since it's raining and it's probably busy the rest of the weekend.
    Yep, I hear ya. I'm in the same boat but they are going to get a phone call from me on Monday and posts on FB page too.
    490 regular points awarded I used $41 in coupons (one fpc - and this is what screwed me that single fpc) subtotal after coupons $11.28 so I definitely should have gotten the 20x IF their new program was in fact working.
    Last edited by wendyjane; Sat, Jun 16th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Has anyone else been told you can only use one Optimum bonus coupon per transaction? I was only using two today, one for 3000 BP for when you buy any Huggies and one for 8000 BP WUS $40 on baby. She scanned the 8000 BP one and handed back the other one saying, "You can use this one next time." I've always used multiple bonus point coupons before?

I ended up using my $3 Peelies instead of my FPCs because I didn't want to risk not getting any points and ended up with about 30K altogether for $61 worth of stuff. Definitely not my best shop.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    still going to try tomorrow - got a ton of fpc's to use up

only certain stores start the 20x event early here - most do not start until 8/9 am
    How did you make out?
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I had 3 Fpcs and didn't get 20x the points. She wouldn't enter as 2001 and called manager up who brought up the old policy. She didn't even know about the new policy and couldn't do anything for me even if I had the policy with me. (I forgot it at home)I guess I will be calling head office on Monday.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

My SDM didn't even have 3 of the products that I had FPCs for, and the 4th one was more that the coupon allowed for, so I skipped it. Booo! All stocked up on insulin pump supplies last 20x event, so I didn't really need anything.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information