User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By goodnews2012
  • 1 Post By goodnews2012
  • 1 Post By dominosgirl
  • 2 Post By instamek

Thread: Good cheap mechanic In edmonton?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Hi,

I need to do a some maintence on my car that I was wanting to get a mechanic to do(brake fluid flush, check brake pads) does anyone know of a good reputiable mechanic around edmonton. I usually go to the foutain tire d/t but they seem a little high in prices.

Thnx,
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Gud idea, I need tranny flush too.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I don't know how his prices compare but the guy at Westmount Auto is honest and fair. I don't take my car anywhere else as I know he will never tell me that something needs fixing when it doesn't. PM if you want the adress/phone number.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good and cheap do not go together. Most garages have what they call the "shop rate" per hour. They also have a certain number of hours assigned to each job.

If you want good and are on the south side there is one down 50thSt. and about 74th Avenue...before the old Shaw building. It's a bit hard to find I will get the exact location from my husband if you are interested.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Depending on where you live I own an OBD reader that will tell you if you have any problems with your car so you know ahead of time what exactly is wrong with your car. It can't tell you about your brake pads and flushes. I change my own oil, filters, brake pads, tire rotations. Not too hard but you have to want to do it. Tranny flush you really need someone to do. The reading only takes a couple of minutes will give you some codes and you can look them up at home.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very good question. We have a small shop at 6920 76 avenue called Good News Auto. We are a reliable auto repair shop in Edmonton. No nickle and dime charges and strait up information.
    Last edited by goodnews2012; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
    mhk likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not sure if you have found a mechanic you can trust yet or if this is an ongoing topic, but we have a auto repair shop in Edmonton that our customers keep on posting about how we are an honest reliable mechanic shop in Edmonton. We try very hard to treat each customers needs with care and respect. We also offer used vehicle pre-purchase inspections in Edmonton. One of our other specialities is being a reliable and affordable brake repair shop in Edmonton. Please check us out and judge for yourself and one more thing, WE DON'T KEEP OUR PROFITS, we use them to fund our JumpStart program where we help people get their vehicles repaired based on their budget and circumstance.
    Last edited by goodnews2012; Wed, Oct 2nd, 2013 at 07:16 AM.
    mhk likes this.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

This is such excellent information to have! Thank you goodnews2012 and all the best!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi there...my husband does some work from our garage, he is certified and honest.. FlatRate Franks is the name of his business and he is much cheaper then anywhere you would find..phone him at 780 399 2037...you will not be unimpressed
    mhk likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last week I take my car to Apex specialized auto care service center. Where they checked my car within 2 hours and they told like my car's brake feels more spongy and they corrected it and give a suggestion like if your brakes has ABS or other sophisticated system then you can do this with the help of your friends. Really it helps me a lot.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

1. City South Automotive Service Ltd
      1. Address: 6003 86 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 2X4
        Phone:(780) 490-1819

They're really nice and honest with what is or not wrong with your car. Good prices and wait times. Defiantly make an appointment though cause they're quite busy!

instamek
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We are on a mission to change the problems within the traditional automotive repair industry, namely inconvenience, expensive towing and repair bills, and a lack of trust among consumers.”
    This was how the idea for instaMek was born. Asem and Uzair went on a mission to change the problems within the tradition automotive repair industry, namely inconvenience, expensive towing and repair bills, and a lack of trust among consumers.
    While it often takes days to book your car into an auto repair shop, instaMek can bring a mechanic to you as quickly as within a day, and get your car up and running in no time. With instaMek, you can forget about getting your car towed or wasting time taking your car to the dealership. Now, you no longer have to deal with expensive towing and repair bills.

Please call us or visit our website for more information.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Call mark at 587-521-5903
    Text him at. 587-590-7176.
    Hes very good and also honest.
    I've known mechanics whom I've given my new parts to in the bag from Canadian tire. To later find out that this creep. Was taking all my new parts back to the store and getting the cash back for my parts. Then he goes to the junk yard and got the parts for next to nothing.

Lesson learned YES

Do call MARK HES GREAT. KNOWS HIS STUFF AND IS NOT EXPENSIVE LIKE THE SHOPS.
    YOU WILL BE Happy.
    Referred by. REBECCA

Thread Information