User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: today's new episode of Extreme Couponing

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Expired
    just wanted to quickly say that i actually liked the Couponator today and how she helped those poor people get realistic savings! see, this is what they should be doing.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    wolfwoman likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyjohnp25 View Post
    just wanted to quickly say that i actually liked the Couponator today and how she helped those poor people get realistic savings! see, this is what they should be doing.
    I don't think it was realistic because it said she was supposed to be getting them a week of meals for under $40.I didn't see them buy fresh fruit,vegetables,bread,milk and cheese

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I am behind on the shows we tape them I know I watched the one where the lady kept comparing it to be addicted to drugs and just shock my head was very sad to see TLC air this one seeing her at the cash comparing her shop t lighting up a pipe went way to far Sad

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone have any links to watch them online? I've tried youtube, but no luck.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

LOL @ the Coloured Lady that wanted to save $600 off her grocery bill so she can fix her roof, For one, who spends $600 on their normal shopping anyway. Then she proceeds to buy 100 equal, 171 mentos, 50 paper towels and a bunch of Powerade, yeah like that is normal stuff for a grocery shopping trip for your family, sometimes I really get mad at the TV and no idea why I watch this show, just makes me angry. Hate that they say, I've saved $10,000 in groceries last year. Actually most of the crap is multiple quantities, and things you would never even buy unless you had a few hundred coupons in the 1st place. I estimated I spend roughly $4,800 a year on groceries .... granted I only have 2 people and some pets, but a savings of 10+ thousand is not realistic

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupondude2012 View Post
    LOL @ the Coloured Lady that wanted to save $600 off her grocery bill so she can fix her roof, For one, who spends $600 on their normal shopping anyway. Then she proceeds to buy 100 equal, 171 mentos, 50 paper towels and a bunch of Powerade, yeah like that is normal stuff for a grocery shopping trip for your family, sometimes I really get mad at the TV and no idea why I watch this show, just makes me angry. Hate that they say, I've saved $10,000 in groceries last year. Actually most of the crap is multiple quantities, and things you would never even buy unless you had a few hundred coupons in the 1st place. I estimated I spend roughly $4,800 a year on groceries .... granted I only have 2 people and some pets, but a savings of 10+ thousand is not realistic
    She Jane Frano-Ward has a website http://www.couponshoppinwitjane.com I was thinking this morning the whole trip was exaggerated her stockpile seemed a bit small compared to others on the show.How true they aren't saving they are just buying an amount of stuff they wouldn't buy.The other lady Judy had a seven year supply of fabric softener sheets way too much.I kept seeing that stockpile and thinking how much did she spend on 6=9 Scottowels I have 4 of those mine cost $3.97 each after coupon and other without coupon cost $4.97.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

double post
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Jun 19th, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I don't really get how it's even called extreme couponing. Buying a 100 of 4 items that they won't use in a lifetime isn't extreme espeically when most are just buying the coupons anyway. I want to see an actual episode where someone does a regular shopping trip and spends no money.
    krysta lynne, walkonby and MamaF like this.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by pac182 View Post
    I don't really get how it's even called extreme couponing. Buying a 100 of 4 items that they won't use in a lifetime isn't extreme espeically when most are just buying the coupons anyway. I want to see an actual episode where someone does a regular shopping trip and spends no money.
    I don't think you will ever see a regular shopping trip where someone spends no money because the price of stuff in the U.S. is comparable to here.Some products even in the U.S. will just never or almost never have coupons or be on sale.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Jun 19th, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

what I hate is the Extreme Couponing contest episodes where 2 of then see who can spend & save the most. That's just dumb.
    Last edited by Slaney; Tue, Jun 19th, 2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Won't let me use a word :/
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Especially how they are bragging about donating to charity. The food bank doesn't need 100 bottles of pop or sports drinks or chocolate bars or protein bars ... they need REAL FOOD.

The show drives me nuts for the exact same reasons - buying 100 items you would not have bought without free coupons and that constitutes "crap" food is not reason to celebrate. When do you see anyone buy produce, dairy or meats (except for the rare shopper). Yes we can get some great deals on processed food but you can't live off of that alone (or shouldn't).

All that being said . . . I can't NOT watch it . . . LOL.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by EricsMom View Post
    Especially how they are bragging about donating to charity. The food bank doesn't need 100 bottles of pop or sports drinks or chocolate bars or protein bars ... they need REAL FOOD.

The show drives me nuts for the exact same reasons - buying 100 items you would not have bought without free coupons and that constitutes "crap" food is not reason to celebrate. When do you see anyone buy produce, dairy or meats (except for the rare shopper). Yes we can get some great deals on processed food but you can't live off of that alone (or shouldn't).

All that being said . . . I can't NOT watch it . . . LOL.
    They get only good healthy stuff when they are allowed overage from the coupons.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    They get only good healthy stuff when they are allowed overage from the coupons.

Exactly. Do you ever notice that every shopper on that show buys pop, energy drinks or sports drinks and has an obsene stockpile of them??? Feeding your family crap just cuz it's free doesn't seem like a good deal to me. (I'm not saying we don't consume that stuff, but no one needs 200-300 bottles of it in their house).
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by EricsMom View Post
    Exactly. Do you ever notice that every shopper on that show buys pop, energy drinks or sports drinks and has an obsene stockpile of them??? Feeding your family crap just cuz it's free doesn't seem like a good deal to me. (I'm not saying we don't consume that stuff, but no one needs 200-300 bottles of it in their house).

have you ever noticed that most of the ppl on that show that buy that amount are usually overweight? I really wish they would change this show where they actually buy normal stuff and not in the crazy amounts of random stuff ( like gum).
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I can understanding how the 1 woman can compare her couponing to crack. I too have an addicitive personality and even after doing my couponing , I can't wait until the next day to do it again. I not saying that she was right to compare it to crack. But unless you have the same type of personality, you can't really understand what she means.
    Last edited by wolfwoman; Tue, Jun 19th, 2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
    Darth Penguin likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information