User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Leaving animals alone in cars... IN THIS HEAT!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I am so so so sick of hearing news stories about poor dogs being left in cars while their owners are out shopping!!!
    Its just so disgusting.... and heartless
    Like you think people would know better right?
    All these poor dogs being trapped in cars with 35+ degree weather , one of them even died.
    It honestly makes me sick to my stomach.
    I pay extra for hydro in the summer so I can run my AC when im not home so my cats are comfortable during the day.

I honestly think people should need to have a license to own a pet.

Ugh

rant over...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know, it makes me so sick! I was just reading the article about the dog at the downtown Toronto Loblaws parking lot. !@#$!! I know two wrongs shouldn't make a right but wooo, how I wish they were locked in a car in 40 degree weather!!! It was be really really really fitting. GRRR
    c_mcarthur and Kalmel like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i know .... not just animals either but ppl leaving their babies in the cars as well! I watched on the news tonight as test they did. they had a thermometer and took temperature outside it was 36 they then put the thermometer in the car for 2 min, and the temp went up to 50! absolutly ridiculous how ppl dont realize they are cooking theyre animals/children. just because you leave a window down doesnt make it ok.
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Don't be afraid to call 911 if you ever see this, it is sad when people passing by don't see it in time and they die.

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Don't be afraid to call 911 if you ever see this, it is sad when people passing by don't see it in time and they die.
    a lady came into my store (i work in a mall) and told me she saw a dog trapped in a car (it was another hot day) she asked to use our phone so she could call the cops.
    She did so and waited outside until they got there.
    I dont know the outcome because she didnt come back in but Im hoping they got the dog out safely.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I can never understand why someone feels the need to take a dog to the mall in the first place. The only time my dog goes in the car is if he's coming with us to a place for him to play, like a quiet beach, or to the vet. Either way he'll only be in the car as long as we are. And every time I see these stories on the news, there's multiple people involved and not one said "Hey you guys go shop, I'll stay out here and sit with the dog in the shade". If you don't have the basic compassion for your pet to not let it be cooked alive in a car, don't have one. Let him live with a family who loves him.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

oh my god, don't get me started.
    I have the number for the local SPCA on my cell and i've called NUMEROUS times on people that have left their dogs in cars.
    and i've also gotten into arguements with people when they come out. I know, everyone tells me I shouldn't do that because you never know how the person is going to react to me saying something, but god, really????

One guy actually had the nerve to say "I left him a bowl of water!!!!"
    yeah, so now the cooped up dog has a 100 degree temp and a bowl of hot water to quench his thrist!

The worst part about the situation with the dog that died in Vaughn, the owner WORKED IN A FREAKIN' PET STORE!!!!!
    Last edited by Sunshyne1; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2012 at 12:07 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can understand where everyone is coming from, but I have a friend who just adores her dog. She takes him everywhere. If we have to run into the store for a few minutes, he stays in the car, with the windows down. He would be heartbroken if we left him home. I can see if he was left for a long period of time, yes thats not right, but how upset would my friend be if someone called the cops, and something happened she lost her baby.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I like to take my dog everywhere as well, but there is no way she is staying alone in a car for even a minute. If im hot, then she is even hotter!
    I dont understand why one person cant stay behind with the dog while the other goes into the store.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My Feline Overlord is too old to be dragged around in the car unless really necessary. There's no way I'd leave him in the car alone. Even to just pop into a shop...

the penguinettes are old enough to decide if they want to come into the shop or wait in the car. In this weather, they'd rather come in with me...especially when there's free food on offer...
    hollyquaiscer and GoJays like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

on the news (i think it was yesterday?) the dog that ran onto the gardiner expressway, the police said they got him out around 1pm and the owner showed up back to the car at 5pm. are you serious? i left my car windows open a crack today (and today wasnt even hot) for a 7 hour shift and my car was STILL warm. op is right, people should have licenses.
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I take my dog Marley everywhere with me. We never leave her in aq car by herself, ever!!!! One of us will stay in the car with her, with the air on, or take her for a walk while the other is picking up something in the store. We once had to go into a travel agency together in the spring, so my dh left the air on in the car and locked all the doors. We were 10 minutes and I felt really bad about that
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    102 (100%)

oh my god, just heard on the news that fire fighters rescued a 2 year old girl who was left alone in a hot car while her parents were out at a nearby festival.... shes now in the hospital

Honestly....

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What has happened to common sense???????

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    oh my god, just heard on the news that fire fighters rescued a 2 year old girl who was left alone in a hot car while her parents were out at a nearby festival.... shes now in the hospital

Honestly....

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home
    Seriously... what is wrong with people? It amazes me that people are that stupid. Why on earth would you think its acceptable to leave your little kid in a hot car? SMH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information