User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Early morning cycling savings at RCSS

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just got back from a massive shopping effort at my local RCSS in east London.
    First thing this morning, I rode my unusual bike about 10km to arrive as the store opened.
    I got many great deals ( specific products are posted in other threads)

(Real Canadian Superstore, both locations on Oxford East and Oxford West allow stacking of a manufacturer's coupon and a Coupon Zone coupon.

This policy has been in place since the autumn of 2011.)

( Standard disclaimer: No shelves were cleared- this is completely within store policy, even had another friendly chat with the store manager Tony Busch about how much I love this policy).

Kelloggs' cereal:
    I picked out 21 boxes of cereal that are regularily $5.49 ( 3 flavours of Mini-Wheats, 2 flavours of Fibres Plus) price-matched the deal from No Frills using their flyer: $2 sale price and then used the CZ Kelloggs Save $3 WUB3. Now each box is $1.

Oh wait!
    Why did I pick out those flavours and types when there were dozens to choose from?
    They were the only boxes with the "Share Your Breakfast" PIN codes.
    That will add another $80 or more worth of FREE products.

Summary: 115.29 regular price
    Paid: $21
    Future Bonus: $80 ( approx) of additional FREE SYB products

Oasis 1.89 litre juice:
    The regular price on this item was $4.29, I was able to price-match (using a flyer) the Oasis 1.89 litre juice on sale from No Frills, Sale price $2, then use the $1.25 coupon ( from apple juice labels) and then use the $0.75 off Coupon Zone coupon.
    Follow the math and see that I paid $0- absolutely nothing for the 13 cartons (6 flavours) that I got.
    The normal would have been $55.77, so I saved that amount or 100% off.

Resolve Trigger:
    The regular price on this item was $4.49, I was able to price-match (using a flyer) the Resolve Trigger on sale from Walmart, Sale price $2, then use the $2 coupon ( from flyers)
    Follow the math and see that I paid $0- absolutely nothing for the 11 containers (2 types) that I got.
    I did have to pay tax of $2.86 ( $22 x 13%HST)
    The normal price would have been $49.39 ( plus $6.42 HST)= $55.81
    I saved about $52.95 ( about 98% off)

Marc Angelo Sausage Burgers:
    I found this product that is regularily $4.99 and WAS going to price-match with No Frills flyer for $3, but noticed that they had an unadvertised sale for $1.99.
    I also used a coupon for $1 off that I got from the Marc Angelo website.
    Final price $1 ( saved $3.99 or 80% off)

Overall Summary:
    Full retail Value: $231.86 (115.29 +$55.77 +$55.81 +$4.99)
    (future)+ $80 (approx. value of Share Your Breakfast PINs)
    Paid: $24.86 (including tax)
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Kellogg's, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart
    Last edited by greencanuck; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

that is IMPRESSIVE shopping and SAVINGS!!! ok, so if i understand correctly you rode your bike to store??? how did you manage to get all those products back home ?????
    darlataz and greencanuck like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    that is IMPRESSIVE shopping and SAVINGS!!! ok, so if i understand correctly you rode your bike to store??? how did you manage to get all those products back home ?????
    I have a highly unusual bike (fabric velomobile), which is a lay-down recumbent tricycle with two wheels in front and an egg-shaped pod shell all around it.
    It was custom-built as a project with a friend.

My lifestyle has involved being car-free for about 15 years, so I have lots of experience with dry bags and straps to tie on all kinds of loads.
    I also used two cooler bags with lots of freezer packs.

I have photos of the bike, with this morning's shopping on it.
    The technique for uploading photos of the right size to this forum is a bit beyond me, but I will try later ( any handy simple hints by PM would be appreciated).
    Last edited by greencanuck; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

wow thats awesome. i didnt realize that store stacked. i am gonna be on the hunt for those apple juice lables. which brand had them?

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Awesome shop greencanuck - Check the CZ thread for my toothbrush tip!!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

OMG....So i read right...please do post a picture of your bike, and your shopping

Quote Originally Posted by greencanuck View Post
    I have a highly unusual bike (fabric velomobile), which is a lay-down recumbent tricycle with two wheels in front and an egg-shaped pod shell all around it.
    It was custom-built as a project with a friend.

My lifestyle has involved being car-free for about 15 years, so I have lots of experience with dry bags and straps to tie on all kinds of loads.
    I also used two cooler bags with lots of freezer packs.

I have photos of the bike, with this morning's shopping on it.
    The technique for uploading photos of the right size to this forum is a bit beyond me, but I will try later ( any handy simple hints by PM would be appreciated).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by looking4adeal View Post
    wow thats awesome. i didnt realize that store stacked. i am gonna be on the hunt for those apple juice lables. which brand had them?
    The apple juice that had the coupons was Allen's 1.05 litres cans, but only those with a light green top that says" Save $5 on Oasis Juices!"
    Most of those sold months ago, (and were often on sale for $0.88) but you may, very rarely, still find a container with the coupons on the shelf.

Both the apple juice itself had a long shelf life, but also the coupons are good until March 31 2013.
    That gives lots of time to find the right deals and half of the coupons are 2 refrigerated products and half is for 2 shelf-stable juices.

Greencanuck <---- really really juicy
    Last edited by greencanuck; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2012 at 02:33 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

wow greencanuck....would love to see your cycle. WTG for your shopping trip

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Wow. Amazing shopping! I would love to see a pic of your bike too. For me to post a picture that isn't huge. I put it in an album on here first. Then open a new page (like your brag here) and copy the BB code from the pic in your album to the brag page here. It automatically makes the picture the right size.

To make an album go to my profile (top of page). Then scroll down a little and look for albums on the left hand side of the page. Click on albums the create one. It will pop up browse for you to find your pic on your computer. Then download. Then save it. The go into it after saved and look towards the bottom. It will say BB code and have a link. Copy and paste that on your brag page.
    Last edited by coley3; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Judyhill and greencanuck like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

love it your rcss lets you pm and use cz and manufacturer coupon...sadly mine won't and limits cz to 1 of a product, big hassle i avoid this store alot now....good brag and would like to see a pic of your bike too

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

That's so awesome - I wish I had taken up couponing a few years ago when I was in University...plus I went to university in London so I could have gotten amazing tips from Greencanuck on how to be a super duper saver!
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's amazing. My no frills puts the coupon zone coupons on the shelves but i rarely see them and when i do, it's like for a spice or something I don't use, and expires in 1-3 days. Otherwise, on the rare occasions i go to the super store I just can't reach most of the coupons from my wheelchair.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Amazing! Awesome savings with some exercise, can't beat that!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Your bike sounds so cool! Would love to see a pic. Great shopping deals.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    lol that's exactly what I was thinking while reading about ALL the shopping she did...."how on earth did she carry this home on a bike" ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information