User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: walmart/nexxus rant....

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    211 (100%)

So! I finally spot the little bottles of shampoo to get some overage at the Regent walmart this afternoon. 5 of them - tucked back in behind all the other products.... kinda like they were hidden

I am very excited - and take my basket to the till - the cashier says hold on I have to check about these - they are being sticky on coupons lately - okay no worries I say.

Her supervisor comes over and examines the coupon for minutes and says, accounting told us this morning they are only good on full size. Yup only full size. I said, where does it say that - it says any? (I am being very polite...) She says here - where it says no facsimile. OY! Dead pan I say that means no photocopies. Fascimile means photocopy.

Needless to say she wouldn't let me use them and I didn't have time to ask for her manager. I will have to investigate further next time - but got a kick out of travel size meaning facsimile.

This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    momof3heathens and coyote00 like this.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........

just when you thought you heard it all.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Be glad you don't have this yet

Jezebel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    211 (100%)

lol is that at your neck of the woods?
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago in Selkirk with both the nexxus and zantac coupons. They wouldn't accept either of them.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

That would be the Kenaston Walmart - was actually in there to buy Herbal Essences and noticed that

Quote Originally Posted by GladysR View Post
    lol is that at your neck of the woods?

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Zantac coupons you can only use 1 per PERSON

A lot of people miss that fact

Quote Originally Posted by emagain2me View Post
    The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago in Selkirk with both the nexxus and zantac coupons. They wouldn't accept either of them.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

When i was at kenaston a couple months ago when they had those mens shaving gels for $2 and there was that coupon for them making them free, they put up a limit as well (6) but when i went to use the coupon a) they thought they were photocopied, and b) they needed the WHOOOOOOLE massive page that the coupon came off of, showing where it was from. If i printed the whole page, it would have wasted most of my ink as the background was almost totally BLACK. I don't think so. You either accept printed coupons or you don't. Be lucky it isn't st.vital walmart where they've completely eliminated the travel nexxus altogether.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll admit i almost feel bad for them, walmart has been hit soo hard with couponers.. i'm sure when they added in their policy allowing overages they were thinking a few cents here a few cents there (i think there is a legality issue about reducing the value of the coupon) most companies seem to be catching the "sample/travel" loop hole (heck all they had to do was watch "extreme couponing" and find out what to fix!) but it's very frustrating as a customer (a non-coupon abusing customer!) to follow the rules (store policy AND on the coupon) only to deal with frustrations at the till.. i've also been denied the nexxus at the till and i was only buying 2 of them! (cashier AND csm told me it is only valid on the product the image shows.. even though the coupon says ANY)

walmarts all across canada seem to have been hit really hard with this coupon (people ordering mass quantities) i'm not surprised they put a limit up in some stores!
    stacymarie and Peachykeen2007 like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I wouldn't be surprised if the company stops supplying the travel sizes until the coupons expire.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I have never bothered with Nexxus and after reading these posts I'm glad! I'm quite happy with my 33 cent Garnier Shampoo! I know people like to get them to donate or add to their stockpile (who doesn't like free expensive stuff?) but so not worth the hassle for me! I only buy enough travel items for camping and a few lotions for the winter and I find SDM sometimes has travel size shampoos and body wash (even the good brands) on clearance for 25 or 50 cents.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I haven't bought any from Wal-Mart yet but I do still have a few from last time the coupon was out (I actually haven't seen them at Wal-Mart)....

I am making 2 40L totes of personal items so my sissy who is moving away to University won't have to buy stuff right away !! So the trial size Nexxus I have she will be getting everything else from my stock will be full size though....

side note I heard an order was cancelled @K.P Wal-Mart and they were limiting an item a woman was buying to 10 of said item....her coupon made the item free

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I really don't understand what the problem is they get their money back plus a fee for processing the coupon. I can only guess that the Companies are digging in their heals and won't allow it, the companies need to be a little more careful on how they word their coupons.

I personally don't push my luck with the coupons I only purchased 2 or no more then 4 at a time. I really don't see a problem with the stores putting a limited on items I think some people are trying to do the whole extreme coupon thing and are cleaning the selves and that must be upsetting other customers.

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

What size do you use the zantac coupon on?

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kkuchma View Post
    What size do you use the zantac coupon on?
    on the sm packs they are with the reg size boxes but the small only have 3 pills per box LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information