User Tag List

Page 105 of 239 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...raising-quotas

Kathleen Wynne admits Ontario’s Liberal cabinet ministers have fundraising quotas

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

A few weeks ago, Pakistan’s largest province passed a new law called the Punjab Protection of Women Against Violence Act. The law institutes radical measures that say a husband can’t beat his wife, and if he does he will face criminal charges and possibly even eviction from his home. It proposes setting up a hotline women can call to report abuse. In some cases, offenders will be required to wear a bracelet with a GPS monitor and will not be allowed to buy guns.

A coalition of more than 30 religious and political parties has declared the law un-Islamic, an attempt to secularize Pakistan and a clear and present threat to our most sacred institution: the family. They have threatened countrywide street protests if the government doesn’t back down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/op...stan.html?_r=0
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    A few weeks ago, Pakistan’s largest province passed a new law called the Punjab Protection of Women Against Violence Act. The law institutes radical measures that say a husband can’t beat his wife, and if he does he will face criminal charges and possibly even eviction from his home. It proposes setting up a hotline women can call to report abuse. In some cases, offenders will be required to wear a bracelet with a GPS monitor and will not be allowed to buy guns.

A coalition of more than 30 religious and political parties has declared the law un-Islamic, an attempt to secularize Pakistan and a clear and present threat to our most sacred institution: the family. They have threatened countrywide street protests if the government doesn’t back down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/03/op...stan.html?_r=0
    Yay Islam. Meanwhile we're importing 10s of thousands of people from that region and believe their cultural differences will add to Canada's wonderful multicultural tapestry. Yeah, okay.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shame on the CBC, Globe and Mail. Toronto Star and Canadian Media in general for being more interested in creating a personality cult for Trudeau than reporting news about Canada.
    GoJays likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Yay Islam. Meanwhile we're importing 10s of thousands of people from that region and believe their cultural differences will add to Canada's wonderful multicultural tapestry. Yeah, okay.
    Well they can't bring their laws with them. I think the northern Euro countries that were having better luck with integrating refugees were sending theirs to class to learn about the difference in the law between there and home, specifically.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Well they can't bring their laws with them. I think the northern Euro countries that were having better luck with integrating refugees were sending theirs to class to learn about the difference in the law between there and home, specifically.
    How's that working out? I have family in Norway, several friends in Sweden and one in Finland. All very liberal, and all very isolationist now. The Islamic religious and misogynistic culture does not mesh well with western liberal culture at all.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

How good is Saskatchewan’s Brad Wall, really?

[W]ith the drop in resource prices, Saskatchewan’s economy has begun to turn — and the province’s finances with it. Deficits loom and that ego-boosting influx of workers is beginning to reverse. If the breadbasket of Canada risks a return to the bad old days, we may soon have the answer to a lingering question: is Brad Wall as good as his golden reputation, or has he just been very, very lucky?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ad-wall-really

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

[W]ith the drop in resource prices, Saskatchewan’s economy has begun to turn — and the province’s finances with it. Deficits loom and that ego-boosting influx of workers is beginning to reverse. If the breadbasket of Canada risks a return to the bad old days, we may soon have the answer to a lingering question: is Brad Wall as good as his golden reputation, or has he just been very, very lucky?

I've noticed that when cornered those on the left try to change the subject. Well done, lecale.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's actually a very good article, as long as one reads the whole thing.

He really IS that good; luck can't take a province from the hole the NDP had us in (more than just financially, it was depressive), to a place where people are very proud to come back to and call home again.
    We're currently in a slump because of commodity prices, but that's why we need him back as premier more than ever.

Election is Monday.
    lecale, DaveP and beckie.c like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    It's actually a very good article, as long as one reads the whole thing.

He really IS that good; luck can't take a province from the hole the NDP had us in (more than just financially, it was depressive), to a place where people are very proud to come back to and call home again.
    We're currently in a slump because of commodity prices, but that's why we need him back as premier more than ever.

Election is Monday.
    I thought it was a good read too. He sounds like a fascinating guy. Expecting a report on the election from you!
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    I've noticed that when cornered those on the left try to change the subject. Well done, lecale.
    Well I'm not really going to go there. Obviously, there's been big issues. You can't round people and throw them...well what would you do with them? They cleaned up the Jungle in Calais recently (immigrant camp in France) and bulldozed a whole shantytown that had grown up to include stores, school and mosque. (Well they didn't take out the school and the mosque.) But anyway, the rest of the people were rehoused in big prefab units on part of the same site. Everybody is stuck with the situation - probably the best thing is to educate refugees on the law and culture of the place where they have found themselves. Like Natalka posted today, our refugees are being saturated with Canadian experiences. I think the country here is doing the right thing.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Name:  1297820805614_ORIGINAL.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  20.6 KB

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/01...on-trudeau-too

The article is about Canada-Russian relations under Harper and now Trudeau, but the Sun illustrates it perfectly. I'm sorry, I lol'ed. ETA: JPJT is dreamy
    Last edited by lecale; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2016 at 01:56 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Attachment 309119

Another JPJT social media image I thought I'd share. There are a few pics of him doing this trick with babies if you Google. Always got his sleeves rolled up, this guy. What do you think of his heroic, youth-championing social media image campaign? I think it's pretty powerful: it's getting him huge international media coverage.

ETA: Apparently that picture is too controversial for SC!
    Last edited by lecale; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2016 at 04:03 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When do the sask election votes come in?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And its official. Brad Wall has a 3rd term! Way to go Saskatchewan! You showed sanity where much of canada has shown foolishness
    Natalka and GoJays like this.

Page 105 of 239 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast

Thread Information