User Tag List

Page 113 of 238 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3569
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ About the animals, there are plans in place for them, AB Animal Rescue is co-ordinating - saw it mentioned on one of the news pages I went through. From stories I've been listening to, all were able to get their animals before they evacuated - but I know it may not be all.

Our local talk radio station is having a Day of Caring raising money, and it's amazing how much has come in, only hours in.

Friday, a semi from a local transport company will be accepting donations to go to AB, so I'm getting things ready to take to that - toiletries, non-perishable food - they will have it parked for the day at a mall.
    Mia001 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ About the animals, there are plans in place for them, AB Animal Rescue is co-ordinating - saw it mentioned on one of the news pages I went through. From stories I've been listening to, all were able to get their animals before they evacuated - but I know it may not be all.

Our local talk radio station is having a Day of Caring raising money, and it's amazing how much has come in, only hours in.

Friday, a semi from a local transport company will be accepting donations to go to AB, so I'm getting things ready to take to that - toiletries, non-perishable food - they will have it parked for the day at a mall.
    just hoping the help goes to those who need it.....in those time there are always some who abuse ....
    Ciel likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...erta-1.3567192

The 2016 budget forecasts a debt of $57.6 billion by 2019, an eye-popping amount for a province that famously eliminated all its debt when Klein was premier.
    strew and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...sday-car-crash

Girl, 15, killed in Fort McMurray evacuation, so very sad.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Polar ship to be named RRS Sir David Attenborough

The UK's new polar research ship is to be named RRS Sir David Attenborough, despite the title "Boaty McBoatface" previously topping a public vote.
    A website inviting name suggestions had attracted huge interest, with Boaty McBoatface the runaway favourite.
    But Science Minister Jo Johnson said there were "more suitable" names.
    On Friday, days before Sir David turns 90, it was announced that the £200m vessel will be named after the world-renowned naturalist and broadcaster.
    Sir David said he was "truly honoured" by the decision.
    While the polar ship itself will not be named Boaty McBoatface, one of its remotely operated sub-sea vehicles will be named Boaty in recognition of the vote.
    James Hand, who first suggested the flippant moniker, said he was pleased the name would "live on".

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Salvation Army bans "retreat" that promotes arranged marriages for teen girls

A Christian retreat for Quiverfull fathers to marry off their teen daughters has been cancelled after Raw Story readers expressed concerns that the event constitutes human trafficking and contacted the Salvation Army which owns the campground where that retreat was scheduled to be held in Wichita. Quiverfull patriarch, Vaughn Ohlman, organized a “Get Them Married” retreat for the purpose of providing a weekend where ultra-conservative Christian fathers could network with like-minded families “(and their unmarried young men and women) who are committed to young, fruitful marriage and to help them overcome the barriers which have kept their children unmarried.”

The Raw Story article sparked outrage among readers and many were moved to action, demanding that authorities be notified in order to protect the children who were slated to be married off young for the purpose of procreating lots of babies for Jesus.
    Readers discovered that Camp Hiawatha, where the retreat was planned to be held, is owned by the Salvation Army. I contacted a good friend who is a officer at the Salvation Army’s training school in Chicago, and she responded right away to let me know the Wichita corps has already denied access to Ohlman’s group for what would have amounted to a child trafficking “retreat.”
    Ciel likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    This is why you dont leave stuff open to the internet
    Natalka and GoJays like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    This is why you dont leave stuff open to the internet
    But they are going to name their marine explorer Boaty McBoatface! Everybody wins!
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ it's just Boaty, but since it's a sub, I wish they would go with Subby McSubface

as suggested.

The ship being named after Sir David is a great choice.
    GoJays, lecale and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Rather than leave their horses behind, several women rode them out of the Fort Mac fires
    Natalka, JadeAngel and walkonby like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ it's just Boaty, but since it's a sub, I wish they would go with Subby McSubface

as suggested.

The ship being named after Sir David is a great choice.

Some people have far too much time on their hands..

Petition to have David Attenborough renamed to Boaty Mcboatface

Despite overwhelming public opinion to the contrary, the British government has decided to name a new £200m polar research vessel RSS David Attenborough.
    While "Boaty McBoatface" was the clear favourite among the British people, science minister Jo Johnson announced that it would be named after the much-loved television presenter - who turns 90 this weekend - instead.
    The decision to overlook the joke name, first suggested by James Hand, was met with disappointment from many online.
    And, of course, there's now a petition to have Attenborough re-named to Boaty McBoatface...
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Fort McMurray

Posted on Twitter by the Strathcona County fire department, the photo shows seven firefighters resting on the grass, the nearby houses seemingly safe from the wildfire currently ravaging other parts of the city.
    "I think that was about 30 hours after leaving here ... kind of the first chance they had to catch a break since they got out there," said Devin Capcara, deputy chief of operations with Strathcona County Emergency Services.
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

May 6
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, May 7th, 2016 at 09:20 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Pretty interesting story about the guy manning the Twitter account @RMWoodBuffalo during the crisis...I have been following on Twitter and the government has done an incredible job of communicating. Amazing that the local guy is just a young pup.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ce=twitterfeed
    Natalka likes this.

Page 113 of 238 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast

Thread Information