User Tag List

Page 151 of 239 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The Trudeau family yesterday

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Already playing in Ontario for some years!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ford Canada & Unifor reached a tentative contract agreement at 12:30am EDT today:
    http://www.thespec.com/news-story/69...-avert-strike/

Wait and see what % of the members vote in favour (likely to happen on Sunday). Want to compare it to GM union members' 64.7% in favour vote. https://www.thestar.com/business/201...nt-sunday.html
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So interesting that Clinton was wary of Trudeau's fundraising methods...

Justin Trudeau’s Liberals annoyed Hillary Clinton team
    over fundraising event: WikiLeaks

The back-and-forth involving a 2014 event was included in the latest cache of messages supposedly hacked from the email account of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, and released Wednesday by Wikileaks.

Clinton was receiving a fee to speak to a conference that fall hosted by the progressive think-tank Canada 2020, which has close ties to the Liberal party that was in opposition at that moment.

Rumours swirled at the time of a possible joint appearance featuring Clinton and Justin Trudeau. Liberals were eager to billboard that event as a glimpse at the future of North American leadership, as both were leading the polls in their respective countries at that point.

Wednesday’s email release offers clues into what happened next.
    “As Trudeau’s team is aware, there was some unhappiness that they used this event to raise money for their political party,” said an email purportedly sent by top Clinton aide Huma Abedin. “This was supposed to be a completely apolitical event.”

The party, meanwhile, used the event to add to its campaign war chest. A fundraising message from the time, still posted on the Liberal website, invited donations in exchange for a draw to win what it called the political experience of a lifetime.

“(You could) win: a return flight to Ottawa, breakfast with Justin Trudeau and one of his senior advisers… and a chance to hear former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton speak over lunch on October 6, 2014.”

Ironically, the emails are surfacing now as the Liberals fend off accusations at home of improper fundraising.
    While the Liberals take flak from their opponents for raising cash at events featuring cabinet ministers, the federal lobbying commissioner has also said her investigators are examining allegations that lobbyists have been involved in such events.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3043930/ju...ent-wikileaks/

Newfiescreech, gryphon and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/37849491

FIFA has banned the wearing of poppies but England and Scotland players will still wear them on armband on November 11.
    Newfiescreech, gryphon and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

FIFA's rule is likely not against the poppy, just for the safety of players-cannot have pins on gear/kit. Also most sporting organizations have a say on the wearing of any symbol that might be seen as supporting a view/party/issue while someone is representing FIFA officially or in a match: basically you cannot wear any symbols other than what is given to you in your attire.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sept. 7 will now be Ukrainian-Canadian Heritage Day in Alberta

Alberta will now designate Sept. 7 as Ukrainian-Canadian Heritage Day, starting in 2017.

On Tuesday afternoon, MLAs from all parties at the Alberta legislature unanimously passed Bill 26, the Ukrainian-Canadian Heritage Act, through first, second and third readings.

The date marks the day in 1891 when the first documented settlers from Ukraine, Ivan Pylypiw and Vasyl Eleniak, came to the province.
    The bill also recognizes the year that started on Sept. 7, 2016, as Ukrainian-Canadian Heritage Year.

Seated at the table are deputy premier Sarah Hoffmann, Andriy Shevchenko, ambassador of Ukraine, and Deron Bilous, minister of economic development and trade. (Government of Alberta)

Andriy Shevchenko, Ukraine's ambassador to Canada -

Shevchenko said he was overwhelmed with gratitude and pride.
    "I think we're very grateful to the wonderful province of Alberta for showing so respect to the Ukrainians who have come here," he said.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...erta-1.3833883

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

http://www.hilltimes.com/2016/11/04/...lobbying/86539

Ex-PMO aide Bruce Carson fined $50,000 for illegal lobbying

Newfiescreech, anisa, Ciel and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Deeper deficits, no sign of balanced budget.
    ...and the budget will balance itself!

http://globalnews.ca/news/3038932/fi...nomic-outlook/
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Fri, Nov 4th, 2016 at 03:03 PM.
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Ciel like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Diver may have found lost Cold War nuke off BC coast

The Canadian navy will be heading to the coast of British Columbia to investigate claims that a diver may have come across “the lost nuke” – a Mark IV bomb that went missing after an American B-36 bomber crashed in the region during the cold war.
    Diver Sean Smyrichinsky was wrapping up a day of diving near Haida Gwaii, an archipelago 80km west of the coast of British Columbia, when he stumbled across what may be the remains of the world’s first known “broken arrow” – the code name for accidents involving American nuclear weapons.

“I was just looking for fish for the next day. I figured I would do a little reconnaissance dive looking around and on my dive I got pretty far from my boat,” he told the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. “And then I found something that I had never, ever seen before.”
    The object was huge, he said, measuring around 12 feet long. “It resembled a bagel cut in half, and then around the circle of the bagel these bolts all molded into it, like half spheres. It was the strangest thing I had ever seen.”

US atomic bomb detonation avoided by 'the slightest margin of chance'

Read more

He came out of the water, excitedly describing the bowl-shaped object and its bolts that were bigger than basketballs. “I started telling my crew: ‘My God, I found a UFO.’” He sketched a rough outline of what he had seen on a napkin.
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks Obama!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontario-Hwy 407 toll road corporation agrees to settlement regarding denial of licence plate renewals to individuals coming out of bankruptcy protection. Basic amount is $200 per person. Additional claims have to be submitted by a date in March 2017.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ce-plates.html
    @seylz_gurl The 22 Minutes Twitter account had a joke about the government trying to find an ATM big enough to hold $32B.
    Newfiescreech and seylz_gurl like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Former US attorney general Janet Reno dies at 78

Janet Reno, the first woman to serve as U.S. attorney general and the epicenter of several political storms during the Clinton administration, including the seizure of Elian Gonzalez, died early Monday. She was 78.
    Reno died from complications of Parkinson’s disease, her goddaughter Gabrielle D’Alemberte said.

bio

http://globalnews.ca/news/3050645/fo...no-dies-at-78/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quite a difference from the formerly proposed 4,000 troops...

Nato puts 300,000 ground troops on 'high alert' as tensions with Russia mount

Up to 300,000 Nato troops have been put on alert amid rising tensions between Russia and the Baltic states.
    Jens Stoltenberg, the secretary-general of Nato, said the alliance hoped to speed up the response time of thousands of its troops to allow it to react to a combat situation more effectively.

In October, it was reported Nato was preparing to station 4,000 troops on the Russian border with the Baltic states in its biggest military build-up since the Cold War. The troops will be summoned from nations across the alliance, including the UK.

“We have seen Russia being much more active in many different ways,” Mr Stoltenberg told The Times.
    “We have seen a more assertive Russia implementing a substantial military build-up over many years – tripling defence spending since 2000 in real terms; developing new military capabilities; exercising their forces and using military force against neighbours.
    “We have also seen Russia using propaganda in Europe among Nato allies and that is exactly the reason why Nato is responding. We are responding with the biggest reinforcement of our collective defence since the end of the Cold War.”

The alliance’s response is in part a result of Russia’s annexation of Crimea in 2014, as well as a bid to reassure ex-Soviet states, like Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, all Nato members, who fear Moscow could try a similar tactic again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7402136.html
    Newfiescreech and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

According to my usual fear-mongers on FB, and in capitals no less and lots of random punctuation. These troops are set to invade the US tonight and seize all guns as per Hilliary/Shrillary/Killary/Hiltary's orders and impose marital law cos of rigged elections.

eta

UM NO THAT IS NOT TRUE IF HILLARY WINS RTHEY ALREADY HAVE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF UN MILLATARY FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT HAVE COME TOGETHER TO GO DOOR TO DOOR IN AMERICA AND FORSE US TO GIVE UP OUR ARMS ,IF WE DONT COMPLY THEY HAVE ORDERS TO SHOOT TO KILL ANY AMERICAN WHO REFUSES TO COMPLY THIS IS IF HILLARY WINS , THERE ARE MANY SECRETS IN PLACE THAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE DONT KNOW ABOUT , BUT YOU CAN GOOGLE IT AND DO RESEARCH ,ITS VERY SCARY THE THINGS THAT WILL HAPPEN TO US IF HILLARY WINS
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Tue, Nov 8th, 2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: eta quote

Page 151 of 239 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 ... LastLast

Thread Information