User Tag List

Page 158 of 239 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    That's right: I have a right to opinions that do not match yours, and you have no right to continually get personal and try to shame me for them.

Love how this thread has to be about you and me and not the news.

I don't want to be the news, and I would appreciate it if you stopped making things about me.
    I was responding to your opinion in your post which quoted my post. I didn't realize only your opinion was allowed and that I don't have a right to opinions that don't match yours. And it's not about you, it's about what you post. If you're going to post something, own it. And expect to be called on it by those with different opinions. Or would you prefer a safe space, where only those who agree with you can post? A nice, safe echo chamber?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

And....back to the huge news today!

Trump's inauguration:

Name:  C2tsw3mWEAIXBqu.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  92.8 KB

Women's March on Washington:

Name:  C2tsw3nWQAA_Gbc.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  100.5 KB

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Women's March on Chicago:

Name:  1714007_630x354.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  68.9 KB

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Women's March Los Angeles:

Name:  March+aerials+2+1-21-17.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  143.1 KB

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Again, can we keep this on topic and away from the personal attacks or it will go the way of the election thread
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

As far as Antarctica..

Name:  636206017494364557-Screen-Shot-2017-01-21-at-1.22.02-PM.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  45.6 KB

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's a short sentence on FLOTUS Trump's biography..It's not shrilling her jewellery line on the White House's dime.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Did anyone follow the absurd comments bellowed out to the press at the first White House Press Conference by Trumps' Press Secretary Sean Spicer today?
    It was so bizarre and I still cannot understand why Trump would be that upset over the aerial shots posting crowd number comparisons of his inauguration and Obama's first inauguration, that he would send Spicer out to rant like this. He took no questions after, just stormed off quickly.

http://www.vox.com/2017/1/21/1434781...ng-sean-spicer

Spicer must think none of us can look for ourselves at the pics and see that clearly Trump had fewer in attendance yet he said this at the press conference.... “ President Trump drew the largest audience to witness an inauguration period, both in person and around the world.”

I am still shaking my head....yikes, it will be a very long 4 years if size matters to Trump on Day one in office.
    Newfiescreech and Patty Smyth like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Crowd numbers are always in dispute - it's been that way for a long time. There were lots of discrepancies, for example, with the Million Man March - and 'official' counts are no longer done

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...htmlstory.html

Everyone wants their crowd to be the biggest, not just Trump supporters.

Anyone stop to think there could be other reasons - like the inauguration was on Friday, a working day. The women's marches are today, a Saturday - way fewer people work.

Also, SO many other things got piggybacked and bandwagoned to today's marches, other than Trump-related - in cities all over the world.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Crowd numbers are always in dispute - it's been that way for a long time. There were lots of discrepancies, for example, with the Million Man March - and 'official' counts are no longer done

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...htmlstory.html

Everyone wants their crowd to be the biggest, not just Trump supporters.

Anyone stop to think there could be other reasons - like the inauguration was on Friday, a working day. The women's marches are today, a Saturday - way fewer people work.

Also, SO many other things got piggybacked and bandwagoned to today's marches, other than Trump-related - in cities all over the world.
    Stop making sense! It interferes with liberal logic.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The logic here is that the Trump inaugural attendance WAS far less than that of Obamas first swearing in, no biggie though, I mean that was historical, the first Black man voted President.

Also, the factual side by side comparison shots of his and Trumps crowd cannot be disputed even if you don't do actual head counts....so for Sean Spicer to trot out and blast the women and gentlemen in the Press with his " version " of who's is bigger is laughable.
    By the way the aerial photos shown of the crowds on Saturday were not the ones posted side by side or tweeted about and then whined about by Spicer, maybe Donald should have chosen Saturday as his inauguration day so more would have attended.
    thriftygranny likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I don't think they get a choice in the day, but Obama's was historic. From a country that had slaves to a black man in the White House - even in other countries, women and non-whites rarely make the upper echelons of politics. I can't count the number of times I have pointed out the UK had a woman as PM in the 80s and they say oh well Thatcher wasn't really a woman. People still do not think it is possible for a non 60ish y/o white man to be a leader.

I don't think that reflects on the crowds of Trump, Bush or any future Inauguration. Regardless of political stance, Obama's election deserves to be recognized.
    Darth Penguin likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I don't think they get a choice in the day, but Obama's was historic. From a country that had slaves to a black man in the White House - even in other countries, women and non-whites rarely make the upper echelons of politics. I can't count the number of times I have pointed out the UK had a woman as PM in the 80s and they say oh well Thatcher wasn't really a woman. People still do not think it is possible for a non 60ish y/o white man to be a leader.

I don't think that reflects on the crowds of Trump, Bush or any future Inauguration. Regardless of political stance, Obama's election deserves to be recognized.
    Yup the date is fixed as the 20th of January following the election. Or Monday 21st , should it fall on a Sunday. President Obama's were held on a Tuesday and a Monday.

I have several FB friends who took the day off to see President Trump's inauguration and loudly proclaimed that the lack of people there was due to all President Trump's followers working while all President Obama's were shiftless lay-about with nothing better to do. Pointing out that jobless rates have fallen over the two Obama terms was left un-adressed...

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Also important to remember that like Canada, the Unions typically support the left candidates and send a delegation group each which makes a crowd.
    I think the Dems will always have bigger crowds as a result, even if the Republicans won by s big margin
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Also important to remember that like Canada, the Unions typically support the left candidates and send a delegation group each which makes a crowd.
    I think the Dems will always have bigger crowds as a result, even if the Republicans won by s big margin
    I don't think it was union people protesting yesterday. I think the big issue was birth control/abortion/women's rights.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Page 158 of 239 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 ... LastLast

Thread Information