User Tag List

Page 58 of 238 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The world is indeed changing...I mean who would have thought we will see the day where Germany and the Jewish state putting history aside to work together? It will be nice in our lifetime to see harmony in the world as a whole i.e. everybody regradless of colour and faith just getting along and accept each other. However, I am not holding my breathe on this one as the majority continue to oppress the minority either blatantly or subliminally

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Chernobyl

the disaster that changed history
    FYI when this movie came out no one believed it could happen, then 3 mile island and Chernobyl.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078966/
    DaveP, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I knew Three Mile Island happened right around the time of The China Syndrome so I just looked it up. The movie came out just 12 days before the accident at Three Mile Island. That's some wacky coincidence right there.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is interesting, not quite sure how I feel about this. While he is a public servant he is not in the public eye.

As a public servant should he be muffled or do we have freedom of expression? I find it interesting that he is a scientist, we all know how they have tried to muzzle them.

On the other hand it kind of reminds me of a witch hunt. We are not in North Korea.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Publi...649/story.html
    Davetherave likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ When you are public servant, there are certain constraints attached to what you can and can't do, compared to if you worked in the private sector. Point in case...a manager at a company might say / do certain things and don't get crucified, then a senior staffer at a provincial or federal sector does exactly the same thing, and there is a social media / public outcry for them to quit....because the taxpayer is paying their wages.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When you are a public servant, you are speaking to the public on behalf on behalf of your department. There are responsibilities that come with that that cannot be ignored
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    When you are a public servant, you are speaking to the public on behalf on behalf of your department. There are responsibilities that come with that that cannot be ignored

He is a public servant but not a policy maker nor a public figure. What if he was a bus driver or police officer, fireman, nurse, teacher? Where do their rights end?

I am not sure about this.

This debate about "hate" speech is coming up again here in Quebec. We have imams going to Quebec city to try and get it put into law that you cannot mock religion. Personally I am not for a hate law, I believe people have a right to say whatever they want as long as they do not insight violence.

The imam then turned around and said down the road you don't know what you will be getting into if you don't stop people from mocking religion. Funny but that pretty much sounded like a threat to me.

https://www.facebook.com/tarekfatah/...35012/?fref=nf
    anisa and thriftygranny like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It does not matter if you are a policy maker or not...public servants have to conduct themselves with certain decorum (police, teachers, Military, etc), that isn't applied to private workers. Hydro one fired the idiot that make rude comments to the female city TV reporter after a Facebook outcry. If that fool had worked for any random non-public company like say a trucking company, you think he would have been fired????

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    He is a public servant but not a policy maker nor a public figure. What if he was a bus driver or police officer, fireman, nurse, teacher? Where do their rights end?

I am not sure about this.

This debate about "hate" speech is coming up again here in Quebec. We have imams going to Quebec city to try and get it put into law that you cannot mock religion. Personally I am not for a hate law, I believe people have a right to say whatever they want as long as they do not insight violence.

The imam then turned around and said down the road you don't know what you will be getting into if you don't stop people from mocking religion. Funny but that pretty much sounded like a threat to me.

https://www.facebook.com/tarekfatah/...35012/?fref=nf

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The group of people singing the Harperman song are not behaving in any way like the guy hurling obscenities at the journalist.

That is a weak comparison.

I'm not surprised though that the song has caused problems professionally. The Feds have muzzled so many employees, it's sickening.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll vote for anyone politician that can fix this ongoing madness in Ontario.......Most Cops continue to act unethically knowing that they can get away with it i.e. power tripping. I mean 600k for not working since 2008, and we are paying for it...how is this right?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...pended-in-2008

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That's a provincial issue. Did you vote in the last ON election?
    DaveP likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Homeopathy conference ends in chaos after delegates take hallucinogenic drug

An alternative medicine conference has ended in chaos in Germany after dozens of delegates took a LSD-like drug and started suffering from hallucinations.

Broadcaster NDR described the 29 men and women “staggering around, rolling in a meadow, talking gibberish and suffering severe cramps”.
    The group of "Heilpraktikers" was discovered at the hotel where they held their conference in the town of Handeloh, south of Hamburg, on Friday.

More than 150 medical staff, ambulances and police descended on the scene and took the raving delegates to hospital.
    The patients, aged between 24 and 56, were found suffering from delusions, breathing problems, racing hearts and cramps, with some in a serious condition, Deutsche Welle reported.
    Tests on their blood and urine revealed they had all taken hallucinogenic drug 2C-E, which is known as Aquarust in Germany and has been illegal there since the end of last year.

No one recovered sufficiently to be interviewed by police until Monday, a spokesperson said.
    Torsten Passie, a member of the German government’s expert commission for narcotics, told NDR: “It must have been a multiple overdose. That does not support the view that the people concerned took the hallucinogen knowingly.
    “One has to assume that people were not told about the substance, its effects and risks before taking it.”
    Police are reportedly looking into possibilities including the drug being taken as a joint experiment, or it being furtively given to conference participants as a prank.
    No arrests have yet been made as the investigation continues into a possible violation of Germany’s Narcotics Act.
    lecale and thriftygranny like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Pope Francis has met with Cuba's revolutionary leader Fidel Castro.
    During the historic meeting the Pope and Castro discussed religion and world affairs at the home of the 89-year-old retired president.

Francis met Castro hours after warning Cubans to beware the dangers of ideology and the lure of selfishness as their country enters a new era of closer ties with the United States.
    Patty Smyth and thriftygranny like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow I actually thought Castro was dead and they were keeping it a secret.
    anisa, Natalka, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Remind what the title of this thread is again?

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ That's a provincial issue. Did you vote in the last ON election?

Page 58 of 238 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread Information