User Tag List

Page 140 of 238 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3566
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

still hanging on to my 25 yr old T's :D

the PM looked like a dork. he is a dork, lol
    Lynn49, GoJays, DaveP and 1 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    still hanging on to my 25 yr old T's :D

the PM looked like a dork. he is a dork, lol

I tend to agree, @anisa ...he looks like he's trying too hard. Not cool.
    anisa, GoJays and DaveP like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

At least 38 dead after magnitude 6 quake hits central Italy

Last Updated Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:47AM EDT AMATRICE, Italy -- A devastating earthquake rocked central Italy early Wednesday, collapsing homes on top of residents as they slept. At least 38 people were killed in hard-hit towns where rescue crews raced to dig survivors out of the rubble, but the toll was likely to rise as crews reached homes in more remote hamlets.
    "The town isn't here anymore," said Sergio Pirozzi, the mayor of Amatrice.
    The magnitude 6 quake struck at 3:36 a.m. (0136 GMT) and was felt across a broad swath of central Italy, including Rome, where residents felt a long swaying followed by aftershocks. The temblor shook the Lazio region and Umbria and Le Marche on the Adriatic coast.

http://www.cp24.com/world/at-least-3...taly-1.3041501
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Ukrainian Independence day!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and DaveP like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    At least 38 dead after magnitude 6 quake hits central Italy

Last Updated Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:47AM EDT AMATRICE, Italy -- A devastating earthquake rocked central Italy early Wednesday, collapsing homes on top of residents as they slept. At least 38 people were killed in hard-hit towns where rescue crews raced to dig survivors out of the rubble, but the toll was likely to rise as crews reached homes in more remote hamlets.
    "The town isn't here anymore," said Sergio Pirozzi, the mayor of Amatrice.
    The magnitude 6 quake struck at 3:36 a.m. (0136 GMT) and was felt across a broad swath of central Italy, including Rome, where residents felt a long swaying followed by aftershocks. The temblor shook the Lazio region and Umbria and Le Marche on the Adriatic coast.

http://www.cp24.com/world/at-least-3...taly-1.3041501
    159 and it will be higher, so sad

http://globalnews.ca/news/2899711/ma..._campaign=2014
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Happy Ukrainian Independence day!

The military parade devoted to the 25th anniversary of the Independence of Ukraine took place in the center of Kyiv. Around 4,000 soldiers were involved in it. Also the representatives of the armies of Poland and Lithuania took part in it.

Lynn49, DaveP and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Celebrating #Ukraine25 in #Toronto at #QueensPark

Ottawa, Ontario

24 August 2016

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today issued the following statement on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Ukraine’s independence:
    “Today, we join the Ukrainian community—here in Canada and around the world—to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Ukraine’s independence.
    “Canada is proud to have been the first western country to recognize Ukraine’s declaration of independence in 1991. The vibrant Ukrainian-Canadian community—nearly 1.3 million people strong—has contributed immeasurably to building Canada, and has helped forge a strong, enduring relationship between both of our countries.
    “During my recent official visit to the country, I was reminded of our deep historical ties and our shared desire for a prosperous future for Ukrainians and Canadians. I was moved by the sacrifices that Ukrainians have made, and continue to make, for their freedom, democracy, and independence.
    “As we mark this momentous occasion, we reiterate our strong support for Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. Canada fully supports Ukraine as it takes important steps to bring greater security, prosperity, and economic independence to its people.
    “On behalf of the Government of Canada, Sophie and I wish everyone celebrating a happy Ukrainian Independence Day.
    “Slava Ukraini!”

Last edited by Natalka; Wed, Aug 24th, 2016 at 06:53 PM.
    Lynn49, DaveP and Darth Penguin like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

6.8 earthquake hits Myanmar

A 6.8 magnitude earthquake has hit central Myanmar, damaging pagodas in the ancient city of Bagan and killing at least one person.
    The quake struck 25km (15.5 miles) west of Chauk, at a depth of 84km, the US Geological Survey said.
    Tremors were felt as far away as Thailand, Bangladesh and India, sending fearful residents into the streets.
    At least 66 stupas in Bagan have been damaged, a spokesman from the department of archaeology told the BBC.
    A 22-year-old man was killed in the town of Pakokku due to a building collapse.
    Videos posted on social media from Bagan show clouds of dust and the tops of some pagodas crumbling as the quake struck.
    The ancient capital is a major tourist site, home to thousands of Buddhist monuments.
    Earthquakes occur regularly in central Myanmar and the temples have been damaged and reconstructed before, the BBC's Myanmar correspondent Jonah Fisher says.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sure, nice vacation after only being PM a few months - but NOT being transparent is so not sunny...

------
    The flight manifest for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's Christmas vacation to the Caribbean, released to the Conservatives through an access to information request, was redacted to leave off the names of family members and a nanny who travelled on the government-owned Challenger jet.

But documents obtained by the Conservatives and shared with CBC News show two versions of the manifest for the exact same flight.
    On a version released in March, there are five names listed — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, his wife Sophie Grégoire Trudeau and their three children, Hadrien, Ella-Grace and Xavier.

In June, another copy of the manifest was released to the Conservatives through an access to information (ATIP) request showing three additional names: Marian Pueyo, a nanny working for the Trudeau family, and Jean Grégoire and Estelle Blais, the prime minister's in-laws.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/flig...itts-1.3732608
    Lynn49 and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

3 bureaucrats spent $12Gs dining in Paris, and we picked up the bill

OTTAWA -- A trio of Environment Canada bureaucrats ate their way through more than $12,000 worth of fine Parisian cuisine during last fall's big climate change conference.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/08/23/politicians-racked-up-whopping-1-million-bill-in-paris

OTTAWA -- A few dozen Environment Canada bureaucrats gobbled up nearly $80,000 worth of fine French food during last fall's climate change summit in Paris while the rest of the Canadian delegation -- 128 people -- had to scrape by with $49,000 worth of food during the two-week confab.

That works out to $2,900 per meal ticket for the well-fed environment types -- senior- and mid-level communications and policy bureaucrats -- while the rest of the Canadian delegation got by on meal tickets worth an average of $387 each.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/08/24/...aps-for-others
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Aug 25th, 2016 at 04:17 AM.
    Lynn49 and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sadly: "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    It seems the higher they climb, the higher their penchant to rig the books in their favour.
    Sad.
    DaveP likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This ,dear people, is why you need a Penguin OverLady..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/victoria...birthday-cops/

NSFW/C...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That is sickeningly horrific.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

(It was nice to hear his voice again, on the video on his FB, which is how he made the announcement.
    I've really missed him on the national stage, and I really wonder whether he was the last of true statesmen we will have in Canada as a Prime Minister, one who was a great speaker, intellectual, was well-measured with a fine sense of decorum and gravitas befitting the position.)

Former PM Harper stepping down as MP

Friday he finally turned out the lights, resigning his seat as a Calgary MP

Harper, 57, made the decision in the final weeks of last fall's lengthy election campaign that should the Conservatives lose power while he retained his seat in the House of Commons, he'd stay on as an MP -- at least for a while.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/best-...s-mp-1.3045255

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    I've really missed him on the national stage, and I really wonder whether he was the last of true statesmen we will have in Canada as a Prime Minister, one who was a great speaker, intellectual, was well-measured with a fine sense of decorum and gravitas befitting the position.
    Well said, and I couldn't agree more.

Page 140 of 238 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast

Thread Information