User Tag List

Page 178 of 238 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3567
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I can't help but think that SC would be a nicer place if several of you just put each other on ignore. You are clearly never going to get along or agree on anything.

Dave is right, it's a forum not a news aggregator and many people would like to see an opinion rather than a copy/paste article. However, some people don't read news sites and do learn what is going on in the world from these posts.

As a forum though, it is meant for discussion and there seems to be little interest in the actual news stories lately (with the obvious exception of the fire)

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

I have dave on ignore...he's the one who's frequently attacking me. Which is why I rarely post an opinion since he just wants to use that as another excuse to abuse me online....

However...I am not the only poster who posts a headline or link and then a quote...I just happen to be the one he singles out since I don't hold to his views...IMHO/YMMV/ etc...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have no issues with your posts here - to me it is another information stream that I draw on. People can discuss or not as they choose IMHO.
    Lynn49, walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I have dave on ignore..
    No you don't. You can't report people when you have them on ignore.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    I have dave on ignore...he's the one who's frequently attacking me. Which is why I rarely post an opinion since he just wants to use that as another excuse to abuse me online....

However...I am not the only poster who posts a headline or link and then a quote...I just happen to be the one he singles out since I don't hold to his views...IMHO/YMMV/ etc...
    I am well aware you are not the only one, others have been reported for doing it in the past too. Especially those who just post a link without even a quote so people are not sure what they are clicking.

It's a non issue for me. I do think a discussion forum should have discussion and not just links/quotes but I also completely understand why you don't feel comfortable sharing opinions
    Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Sculpture marks Choctaw generosity to Irish Famine Victims.

Native American Choctaw leaders have arrived in Ireland to unveil a sculpture celebrating the financial contribution made by the tribe to starving Irish people in 1847.
    At the height of Ireland's Great Famine, Choctaws in southern states of the USA sent a donation of $170 (£111).
    An extraordinary whip-round, that would be tens of thousands of dollars today.
    The sculpture Kindred Spirits stands in a park in the small town of Midleton, in east Cork.
    Cork-based artist Alex Pentek told the BBC that the 6m tall feathers, all unique "as a sign of respect" signify the feathers used in Choctaw ceremonies. They are arranged in a circle, making the shape of an empty bowl that symbolises
    A million people died in Ireland and another two million left the country when the potato crop failed for successive years, removing a vegetable that poor people ate every day.
    The British government, which ruled the whole island at the time, did not offer comprehensive relief help, partly due to an economic doctrine of laissez-faire and partly due to a belief that the famine had been sent from God to improve Ireland, according to Charles Trevelyan, the British administrator in charge of relief.
    Lynn49, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Happy Monday all!!
    Lynn49, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Monday??? Now that is news I can have an opinion about!! Have a good one!
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I was elated at first upon hearing that the young student who was sentenced to 15 years of hard labour in North Korea was on his way home to the USA......then the rest of the story unfolded. He is in a coma and HAS BEEN since march of 2016!! I was sickened.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/13/asia/o...rea/index.html
    So very sad, he has passed away

Otto Warmbier, the American student who was detained and held in North Korea before being returned back to the U.S. earlier this month, has died, according to his family. He was 22 years old.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...ea-was-22.html

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    So very sad, he has passed away

Otto Warmbier, the American student who was detained and held in North Korea before being returned back to the U.S. earlier this month, has died, according to his family. He was 22 years old.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...ea-was-22.html
    well, I don't actually like this news...

I feel for his family and friends.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ugh!!! Russia!! I had set up the machine to tape the 3 tv specials on Putin ( done by Oliver Stone ) but now I am afraid to even watch them.
    I won't be watching them - but Putin has already been outed as punking Stone with footage - of what he said was Russia attacking Syria, which turned out to be an American attack of Taliban in Afghanistan PLUS an incorrect audio track - supposedly Russian, but turns out to be Ukrainian pilots conducting operations over Donetsk (E. Ukraine where the war is going on)

https://meduza.io/en/news/2017/06/20...in-afghanistan
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Darth Penguin, I personally welcome your news posts since I do appreciate having the opportunity to see something I may have missed on the news, so thank you. I forgot the Ignore button and shall also add someone to it.

As for Otto Warmbier, yes, truly sad for his parents and of course NO ONE deserves the sentence he received in that wretched country. However.....any other students who have been enticed to take trips there MUST be advised that they WILL be under surveillance 100% of the time and that even the simplest indescretion or bad choice will land them in the same place.
    NK offers enticing trips to student groups/workers and use them as fodder whenever they need to grasp the attention of the world, and to use as negotiating tools. Although many countries don't negotiate with terrorists, this is a tactic they employ for those countries that do. And of course just to 'torture' other families from countries they take pleasure in provoking.

Personally I'd do everything in my power to discourage anyone I know from entering that horrible hell-hole of a country.

May Otto rest in peace.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jun 22nd, 2017 at 10:43 AM.
    walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That is absolutely something I did not know about!!
    Seems it wasn't deemed newsworthy, or I missed it altogether. Thanks, DP!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    That is absolutely something I did not know about!!
    Seems it wasn't deemed newsworthy, or I missed it altogether. Thanks, DP!!
    You don't read BBC News? It's the single largest news organization on the planet.

Add this to your bookmarks, it's on mine.

http://www.bbc.com/news

Lots of stories from everywhere there.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I still watch a BBC feed in the mornings, none of the news channels here ever live up to their reporting. I catch 10 mins of local news then watch anything major/international online.
    Lynn49 and Darth Penguin like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I love BBC as my first choice for news . Then CBC, CNN and Fox depending on what the main story of the day is.

Online...Guardian, Globe and Mail, Mont Gazette, (Uk)Telegraph and Times, or whatever hits my FB feed.
    Lynn49 and GoodBoy like this.

Page 178 of 238 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast

Thread Information