User Tag List

Page 181 of 239 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

President Carter treated for dehydration during Canadian Homes for Humanity build

Former president Jimmy Carter was on Thursday being treated for dehydration in Canada, where he is helping to build houses with the charity Habitat for Humanity.
    Habitat for Humanity said in a statement that the 92-year-old became “dehydrated working in the hot sun” at a build site in Winnipeg. Carter told Habitat officials he was OK, and encouraged volunteers to keep building.
    A spokeswoman for Carter said he was taken to a St Boniface General Hospital “as a precaution”. Deanna Congileo also said Carter’s wife, Rosalynn Carter, was with him.
    News outlets report that firefighters and paramedics arrived at the build site.
    The Carters are in the middle of a week-long project, building houses in various Canadian cities. This week’s build is the 34th time the Carters have volunteered to build houses for the Atlanta-based charity.

Love this guy..he exemplifies what Christianity should be..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Senator John McCain diagnosed with brain cancer

Veteran US Republican Senator John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer and is reviewing treatment options, according to his office.
    The options may include chemotherapy and radiation, his doctors said. The 80-year-old politician is in "good spirits" recovering at home.
    The tumour was discovered during a surgery to remove a blood clot from above his left eye last week.
    A Vietnam veteran, Mr McCain spent more than five years as a prisoner of war.
    The six-term senator and 2008 Republican presidential candidate underwent surgery at a clinic in Phoenix, in the state of Arizona, last Friday.
    Tissue analysis revealed that a primary brain tumour known as glioblastoma was associated with the clot, a statement from the Mayo Clinic said.
    "The senator's doctors say he is recovering from his surgery 'amazingly well' and his underlying health is excellent," it added.
    "Treatment options may include a combination of chemotherapy and radiation."
    Darth hopes for his recovery

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

RNC committee member says AMEN to "Die already "McCain tweet

A Republican Party state leader hopes 80-year-old Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., dies soon, according to a tweet she posted Monday.
    Nevada Republican National Committeewoman Diana Orrock wrote "Amen" while retweeting a post in which another user had said "Please Just ing Die Already #JohnMcCain #Neocons #Russia."

Darth sayz...Stay classy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

People are despicable with some of their ignorant comments.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

White House press secretary Spicer resigns

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has quit, reportedly in protest at a shake-up of the communications team.
    Mr Spicer stepped down because he was unhappy with President Donald Trump's appointment of a new communications director, reports the New York Times.
    Combative Wall Street financier Anthony Scaramucci has been picked for the role that Mr Spicer partially filled.
    Mr Spicer's press briefings were a cable news hit, but he withdrew from camera in recent weeks.

The shake-up comes as the White House faces inquiries into alleged Russian meddling in last year's US presidential election and whether Mr Trump's campaign team colluded with Moscow.
    The New York Times reports that 45-year-old Mr Spicer "vehemently" disagreed with the appointment of Mr Scaramucci, which he believed to be a "major mistake".

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes^^ I think Sean Spicer's blood pressure and general well being will improve. I am happy for him that he no longer has to answer to an audience of one ( the 45th Prez ) in the W.H. Briefings.

Sad news for Melissa McCarthy though........ha ha
    Natalka likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Good for him. walks, I was thinking the same about Melissa!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well if nothing else the Trump Presidency sure has its share of " reality show " type drama. The newly appointed Communications person ( foul mouthed little turd " The Mooch " ) provided CNN with enough content with his tweets and interviews to fill all the time slot segments of all their shows last night.
    The late night comedy hosts also had their turn, at this point the writers must be feeling guilty collecting their paycheques, I mean really, the jokes write themselves!

So now Reince Priebus has resigned and ( General) John Kelly has replaced him.
    Cannot wait until Monday!! maybe Bannon will resign too!!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Apparently Mrs Scaramucci has filed for divorce
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Scaramucci out as Trump media chief

White House communications chief Anthony Scaramucci removed from post after 10 days, US media report

well that surprised no-one!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ ha ha !! Oh good lord! I thought he would at least last long enough to get a taste of that " amazing " chocolate cake that Trump eats when he visits Mara Lago!! So sad " the Mooch" ....all that ambition you had and a Military guy strikes you down.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/u...ite-house.html

President Trump has decided to remove Anthony Scaramucci from his position as communications director, three people close to the decision said Monday, relieving him just days after Mr. Scaramucci unloaded a crude verbal tirade against other senior members of the president’s senior staff.
    Mr. Scaramucci’s abrupt removal came just 10 days after the wealthy New York financier was brought on to the West Wing staff, a move that convulsed an already chaotic White House and led to the departures of Sean Spicer, the former press secretary, and Reince Priebus, the president’s first chief of staff.
    The decision to remove Mr. Scaramucci, who had boasted about reporting directly to the president, not the chief of staff, John F. Kelly, came at Mr. Kelly’s request, the people said. Mr. Kelly made clear to members of the White House staff at a meeting Monday morning that he is in charge.
    It was not clear whether Mr. Scaramucci will remain employed at the White House in another position or will leave altogether.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It just gets better...http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-l...-rein-in-trump

So...who's paranoid, Mooch??

The sacking of Scaramucci signals that Kelly, a retired marine general, may actually be empowered to be a true chief of staff. There was no bigger test for Kelly than the fate of Scaramucci, who, in his Wednesday phone call, demanded that I reveal my sources for a trivial tweet about who the President had dinner with that night, threatened to fire his entire staff if I didn’t, alleged that he had called the F.B.I. to investigate his White House rivals, attacked Reince Priebus as a “paranoid schizophrenic,” and described Steve Bannon as engaging in auto-f****.

“What I want to do is I want to f****** kill all the leakers and I want to get the President’s agenda on track so we can succeed for the American people,” he told me.

That infamous chat with Ryan Lizza here:

http://www.newyorker.com/news/ryan-l...d-steve-bannon

Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Perhaps trump should have checked Mooch's twitter feeds before he hired him!

Newfiescreech and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Not surprized at all - and I'm sure she'll move on to the federal scene

Caroline Mulroney, daughter of Brian Mulroney, seeks PC nomination in Ontario

She will seek the nomination for the riding of York–Simcoe, north of Toronto

"Government needs to get out of the way, focus more on affordability, manage taxes properly so we get the services we expect," she said.
    In a news release, Mulroney said Ontario "finds itself at a crossroads" and that the next election is "about offering a positive vision" for the province.
    "Unlike the current government, I will respect the people of Ontario, their hard-earned money, and the choices they make for their families," she wrote.

Mulroney and her husband Andrew Lapham have a 12-year-old, 11-year-old twins and a 10-year-old.

She's currently vice-president of BloombergSen Investment Partners, a Toronto-based investment firm where she has worked since January 2015. She also worked for another Toronto firm, Wellington Financial LP, and spent several years working in New York City as a lawyer. She has degrees from New York University Law School and Harvard College.

more info

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/caro...ario-1.4232087
    Newfiescreech, GoJays and DaveP like this.

Page 181 of 239 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 231 ... LastLast

Thread Information