User Tag List

Page 197 of 238 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3569
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    would've happened even if Justin was not there. I personally hate this! Not a toker, never was....just dreading what this will do to society. Oh well I suppose the Cheetos and other junk food companies will love this!
    cbds can have beneficial effects. there are products available without thc.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

First Lady Trump visits migrant child detention centre

First Lady Melania Trump has been criticised for the choice of her coat worn on a trip to a migrant child detention centre in Texas. Mrs Trump was spotted in the coat, which featured graffiti writing on the back with the words "I really don't care do u?", as she boarded a plane.
    Her spokeswoman said "there was no hidden message" in the former fashion model's sartorial choice.
    The $39 (£29) jacket from Zara has caused an uproar on social media.
    US President Donald Trump later tweeted that his wife's coat "refers to the Fake News Media".

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Charles Krauthammer
    The "dean of conservative commentators" is no longer with us. Charles Krauthammer, the legendary Washington Post columnist and Fox News commentator, died at age 68 of cancer.
    He wrote a column for the Post for more than 30 years, and along the way won a Pulitzer Prize and the admiration of millions of readers, no matter their politics. His death is "a huge loss to vigorous and civil debate on public policy," the Post's executive editor said. In his farewell column this month, Krauthammer wrote that he leaves "with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended."

Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2018 at 07:32 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

anisa, heartgirl99 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We'd better believe that she wouldn't wear anything that wasn't approved/suggested/designed by her husband to further his agenda. I almost feel sorry for her...how do you live with someone who disgusts you so much? Threats..to take away her son, her income, everything she holds dear. She really got herself into a pickle.
    heartgirl99 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We'd better believe that she wouldn't wear anything that wasn't approved/suggested/designed by her husband to further his agenda. I almost feel sorry for her...how do you live with someone who disgusts you so much? Threats..to take away her son, her income, everything she holds dear. She really got herself into a pickle.
    She's an immigrant to the US who married a billionaire who later became the President and now she's the First Lady of the United States of America! I'm pretty sure she's not questioning her life choices.

It's nice that you feel sorry for her though.
    Shwa Girl and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    cbds can have beneficial effects. there are products available without thc.
    Just wondering-- are there other drugs/therapies/procedures that produce similar beneficial effects?
    heartgirl99 likes this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

When I lost my job in mid May, I was left with total boredom. As a way to get out of the house once in a while, I decided to volunteer for my local NDP candidate, in an effort to stop Doug Ford (but that is another story). I filled out the form on their website and waited. It took over a week to get a call and I was a bit surprised when they told me my candidate was Sandy Shaw. I thought it was Monique Taylor as I live on the mountain in Hamilton. I came to find out that the riding boundaries had changed and I was right on the edge of Hamilton West Ancaster Dundas.

So I had to venture over an hour on the bus to get to the campaign office. The first day I got there, they got me to start phoning people and asking them if they would support Sandy and the NDP. As I calling a lot of known NDP supporters, I got a lot of "yes", though I did get some no's and some who just hung up on me... The first day I did about five hours. This continued on for the next three days, all roughly 5 hours a shot.

When I went in on the Tuesday, as soon as I walked in, one of the managers called me over and told me that they had the funds to hire me as a full time phone captain. Well of course I said "YES"! So they know wanted me on the phones full time, of course making sure that I didn't go over the 40 hour limit..

I worked most of the days from 11 am to 7 pm but was free to take a smoke whenever I desired. One day when I was there, I found out that the NDP leader Andrea Horwath was stopping by at 5 pm.. I thought she was just going to open the door of the bus and wave to us and keep on going. However, about 4:30 pm, I was told to stop phoning and come out the front. I went out there and there was a woman there from Andrea's campaign team. She travels ahead of the bus to coordinate everything. She told us that the bus would pull up, Andrea would get off and shake hands with all of us and than give a rally speech.

Soon after that, the media started showing up and than sure enough, we saw the big orange bus coming. It pulled up in front of the office and we all got to meet Andrea, take selfies, chant a lot and get our mugs on TV! It was a great morale booster for all of us and we cheerfully went back to the phones.

Come election day, we were phoning to get the vote out. Again Andrea stopped by and it was all coordinated again. Very well organized I must say! After the polls closed, a bunch of us went to Andrea's party at the Hamilton Convention Centre. When I walked in, all I saw was a lot of white lights. The media was everywhere! Well of course, they had to be since she was the leader of the NDP. Though the results were not what we had wanted, NDP did gain Official Opposition and my candidate, Sandy Shaw, beat an 18 year Liberal incumbent and the PC candidate by a huge margin, so all was not lost.

It was a very good experience and I got to learn how the political system works. I am still waiting for my pay but I would think that there is a lot of paper work to get through from the election. I will definitely do this again in four years, and maybe next years federal election too!
    Is it baseball season yet?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    She's an immigrant to the US who married a billionaire who later became the President and now she's the First Lady of the United States of America! I'm pretty sure she's not questioning her life choices.It's nice that you feel sorry for her though.
    Ha so true, It wasn't his good looks and lovely personality. This was her life choice, it's not like he has changed he has always been like this, he just has a bigger audience.
    heartgirl99, GoJays, DaveP and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

People make bad choices. It's a fact of life. I'm sure we ALL have at one point in our lives.
    However, to condemn someone for a choice that was made to a life of servitude and abuse with no way out (you think he'd let her out? She probably had to sign a per-nup, likely come away with nothing, lose custody...) isn't a very nice thing to wish on anyone.
    Yes, I'm sure she was thrilled with the attention from someone like him, some women would be, and I'm also sure he was on his very best behavior. Until he married her.
    She wanted the guilded cage, wanted to bring her parents over, and maybe or maybe doesn't object to his political views and policies.
    But I do feel sorry for a woman like that.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

TBH, I feel sorry for any spouse whose partner suddenly decides to run for any position in government.

It's one thing if either one or both of you are political animals and have talked about running but for the spouse whose is suddenly faced with the fact their other half has now decided to go for the highest office available it must be very disconcerting. Especially as your life is now under a very bright light regarding any little slip..

Suspicionem Caesar supra uxorem
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sun, Jun 24th, 2018 at 10:01 PM.
    heartgirl99, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

People make bad choices. It's a fact of life. I'm sure we ALL have at one point in our lives.
    However, to condemn someone for a choice that was made to a life of servitude and abuse with no way out (you think he'd let her out? She probably had to sign a per-nup, likely come away with nothing, lose custody...) isn't a very nice thing to wish on anyone.
    Yes, I'm sure she was thrilled with the attention from someone like him, some women would be, and I'm also sure he was on his very best behavior. Until he married her.
    She wanted the guilded cage, wanted to bring her parents over, and maybe or maybe doesn't object to his political views and policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    TBH, I feel sorry for any spouse whose partner suddenly decides to run for any position in government.

It's one thing if either one or both of you are political animals and have talked about running but for the spouse whose is suddenly faced with the fact their other half has now decided to go for the highest office available it must be very disconcerting. Especially as your life is now under a very bright light regarding any little slip..

Suspicionem Caesar supra uxorem
    yes ladies, imho I think Melania married him to get a more wonderful life ( wealth was easier on the eyes than the old fart ) and then she got Baron out of the deal, which tbh may have also been something she always wanted to become....a Mom.
    BUT....I cannot imagine that she wanted that d**k to run for Prez.
    The entire family probably figured he'd get the run out of his system and of course would lose to Hillary, then they could all go back to their questionable business practices ( Donald, Ivanka ) and disgusting behaviour in their private lives ( Don Jr cheating, him and Eric killing wild game animals ) and not be scrutinized by the " fake media "
    What a First Family they are.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@walkonby , it was Milania who wanted a baby, he said "fine it's yours then", had nothing to do with her during her pregnancy, made her promise to get her figure back fast as possible, and to this day has nothing to do with him. Which is probably a blessing for Barron. She and Barron only speak to each other in Slovenian. (No, I haven't one site for all that info, anyone who is interested is welcome to do their own research.)
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^ @Lynn49 oh my!! I never knew Baron was a deal breaker! So she insisted on a baby and he just folded?
    Having nothing to do with her during the pregnancy makes sense though, I mean with juggling the Star and the Playmate he just had no free time left!!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^^ @Lynn49 oh my!! I never knew Baron was a deal breaker! So she insisted on a baby and he just folded?
    Having nothing to do with her during the pregnancy makes sense though, I mean with juggling the Star and the Playmate he just had no free time left!!
    Yep, a jerk's gotta do what jerks do.

Page 197 of 238 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 ... LastLast

Thread Information