User Tag List

Page 212 of 238 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3567
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have you drank Red Bull since 2007? If you have, you may be entitled to $10 as part of a class action.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...2dafc36c<br />
    Ciel likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I love Randy Rainbow

inbow!!!
    heartgirl99 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I love Randy Rainbowinbow!!!
    another great video

he's been nominated for "Outstanding Short Form Variety Series"
    walkonby and Darth Penguin like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ciel likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Our boy Bojo is having problems with his exit..f'nar, f'nar

Tory rebels and opposition MPs have defeated the government in the first stage of their attempt to pass a law designed to prevent a no-deal Brexit.
    The Commons voted 328 to 301 to take control of the agenda, meaning they can bring forward a bill seeking to delay the UK's exit date.
    In response, Boris Johnson said he would bring forward a motion for an early general election.
    Jeremy Corbyn said the bill should be passed before an election was held.
    In total, 21 Tory MPs, including a number of ex-cabinet ministers, joined opposition parties to defeat the government.
    After the vote, Downing Street said those Tory MPs who rebelled would have the whip removed, effectively expelling them from the parliamentary party.
    No 10 had hoped the threat of expulsion - and an election - would bring would-be rebels into line.
    Ciel, walkonby and GoodBoy like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Jo Johnson resigns as he's wanting to spend less time with his family.../s
    “People have different opinions, but the way to unite this country is to get this thing done,” Johnson said, referring to Brexit. “And that’s want we are going to do.”

A reminder: Boris Johnson's brother Jo Johnson resigned earlier Thursday, saying he was "torn between family loyalty and the national interest."
    avoncallingu, walkonby and GoodBoy like this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Zimbabwe's former president dies aged 93

Zimbabwe's former president Robert Mugabe, who was once feted as an independence hero but whose 37-year rule left his country deeply divided and nearly broke, has died at the age of 95. To his loyal supporters, he remained until his death the revered leader who ushered in independence after bringing an end to white-minorityrule. Butto his critics, Mugabe was the caricature of an African dictator who oppressed his opponents and ruined a country to retain power, which he was forced to relinquish, at the age of 93, in 2017.
    Rumors had swirled around the health of the ex-president, who spent months in a hospital in Singapore earlier this year. Details of what ailed him were a closely guarded secret.
    Mugabe -- who infamously claimed that "only God" could ever remove him from office -- was deposed in a coup in 2017, when members of his own party turned against him after he dismissed his longtime ally, then-vice president Emmerson Mnangagwa, to make way for his much younger wife Grace.
    Ciel, walkonby and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thomas Cook in the UK strands lots of travellers abroad after firm closes shop:
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/vaca...pses-1.4605430
    Britain's Civil Aviation Authority announced about 2:30 a.m. that Thomas Cook, a 178-year-old company that helped create the package tour industry, had ceased trading. It said the firm's four airlines will be grounded, and its 21,000 employees in 16 countries -- including 9,000 in the U.K. -- will lose their jobs.
    The collapse of the firm is expected to have sweeping effects across the European and North African tourism industries and elsewhere, as hotels worry about being paid for tourists they have already served and confirmed Thomas Cook bookings for high-season winter resorts suddenly are cancelled.
    Air Transat is also affected due to a plane partnership with Thomas Cook:
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/thom...dies-1.4605948
    The tour operator, which runs Air Transat, was in the second year of a seven-year deal to exchange aircraft with the British company's airline on a seasonal basis.The Montreal-based company was slated to receive at least seven jetliners from Thomas Cook this fall, but "the partnership is dead because the company no longer exists," said Transat spokesman Christophe Hennebelle.
    RELATED STORIES

Vacations upended, jobs lost as U.K.'s Thomas Cook collapses
    Perfect storm of change, debt and Brexit sank Thomas Cook
    Thomas Cook collapse means headaches for Transat as partnership deal dies
    Tearful last Thomas Cook flight as passengers scramble to get home
    PHOTOS

A Thomas Cook plane takes off in England, on May 19, 2016. (Tim Goode / PA via AP)

He said Transat, which is working to complete its takeover by Air Canada next year, is "confident" the Airbus A321 planes will still come through, but is nonetheless making contingency plans.
    Natalka, Darth Penguin and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

is it too early to get excited that the Dems finally went there?!! Impeachment....has such a lovely ring to it.......get it? Trump's phone call to Ukraine? Too early, I know.
    Ciel likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reasons to restrain giving away all personal info in an obituary (newspaper or funeral home)-because there are ne'er do wells who prey on such info.
    https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...uneral-notices

Former CIBC manager skimmed accounts at Stoney Creek ON branch:
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...ntly-deceased/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Never recharge your cellphone/mobile phone anywhere near water! Best to pick a dedicated dry spot and place a plate under the charger in case it ever has a fire or battery issue (reduces the fire risk).

#waterandelectricitydon'tmix

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/selfie-lov...120322067.html

It's bad enough that lives are lost on precarious perches in nature or balconies due to taking selfies on phones, but having a phone in the bath area---well, that's a way to shorten one's lifespan.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Be a little careful with your four-legged pets! Wash up after close contact because you would not want to find out your immune system shuts down on you one day.

https://www.thespec.com/living-story...all-his-limbs/

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reasons that might trigger a 5-year travel ban at the US border by a border guard (and not by a judge!):

[QUOTE]Canadians generally are allowed to stay for up to six months in the U.S. as a tourist but it's up to the traveller to prove they are just visiting and not planning to stay permanently. Saunders said he's seen more scrutiny by border guards recently over things like home ownership, a permanent job and money in the bank, which indicate ties to Canada and a reason to return.
    "Any Canadian who doesn't have a full time job or are living with their parents and don't have their own residence, under these recent expedited removals that I've been seeing, they could be barred," he said. [/QUOTE]

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/uptick-can...000000579.html

If I were to became a lottery millionaire, would that prevent me from visiting the US if I were to get a passport but still had the above circumstance apply to me?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some Toronto businesses impacted by the Eglinton transit construction work are looking for compensation for their losses. Montreal has a compensation fund for such situations.
    https://www.thestar.com/business/201...ting-back.html

Page 212 of 238 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast

Thread Information