Page 220 of 239 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Neiman Marcus store chain likely to file for bankruptcy in the US:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN2210CW

Canadians could be dashing for bathroom tissue because sawmills have slowed down the wood chip production:
    https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/to...165408160.html
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Was this the reason that Jacksonville, FL opened its beaches to residents? To give them something free to do while waiting for slow unemployment claims processing?

"Why is Florida in particular having such a difficult time now processing so many claims? It’s because it never intended to process so many,” said Susan Houseman, the director of research for the Michigan-based Upjohn Institute for Employment Research. “In fact, it was scaling back in recent years. So Florida is even less prepared to handle the onslaught than other states.”
    https://www.thespec.com/ts/news/worl...nt-claims.html

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

long but still pretty decent lyrics and who can't enjoy Don McLean's original melody?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Four States in the USA are going to open up all kinds of small businesses, they might consider reading this article first.

An Ohio man has tragically died from COVID-19 after criticizing his state’s coronavirus lockdown.

John W. McDaniel, 60, died Wednesday in Columbus, exactly one month after reportedly calling Gov. Mike DeWine’s stay-at-home order “madness.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lii-story.html
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes @walkonby I saw that OH man's obituary and mention on Yahoo Canada News. The family made an appeal in his obituary to follow COVID-19 precautions; guess he know longer could be the boss at home with his views. Wonder how many friends and family are still sticking to his version of the situation or if they "see the light" now that he's passed away.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Yes @walkonby I saw that OH man's obituary and mention on Yahoo Canada News. The family made an appeal in his obituary to follow COVID-19 precautions; guess he know longer could be the boss at home with his views. Wonder how many friends and family are still sticking to his version of the situation or if they "see the light" now that he's passed away.
    @Ciel the part that gets me aggravated is that the Prez. pushed the idea of this virus not being that bad, it'll go away when the weather warms up...the USA only has ONE case....and many other uninformed comments based on Politics.
    Now the other States that insist on loosening up their Stay -At- Home policy because they say their RIGHTS are being abused. one lady ( protestor ) shouted something so ridiculous about " no one can tell me I cannot go get my hair done or I cannot go outside!...this is America! "

It is similar crowds with their signs that will put so many more at risk, and just keep spreading this virus further.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@heartgirl99 JUST for you Enjoy.....lol

Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Apr 24th, 2020 at 06:21 PM.
    heartgirl99 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was watching this interview last night and almost peed my pants! Poor Anderson Cooper, his face says it all.

Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Tiger King series fans might enjoy that second post of yours about voting a certain someone away. Interesting parody, @walkonby !

However, I just found two things related to Covid-19 that I did not know about (as I no longer watch evening news regularly nor watch the daily PM or Premier of Ontario updates):

Bloodclotting appears in severe cases of Covid-19-it was seen in autopsies as well in the lungs of deceased (lending more weight to how hard breathing can be with the novel-coronavirus):
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/healt...rus/index.html

It's possible to still have traces of Covid-19 in eye fluids or pinkeye (hence keep that handwashing up and don't touch eyes/face)
    after the virus leaves one's nose:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...source=twitter
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While Anderson Cooper can be expressive, don't forget he was CIA at one time (think of a world leader with spy background and he's not alone). Think of him as radioactive person with a half-life, still able to be unpredictable. If he could have managed something of a neutral face, he would have been seen attempting to be a journalist.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Facebook will launch its own meeting software to allow up to 50 people to meet.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/face...50-people.html

Toronto Police are already dealing with cases of unauthorized persons hijacking Zoom meetings
    https://www.toronto.com/news-story/9...to-police-say/

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    While Anderson Cooper can be expressive, don't forget he was CIA at one time (think of a world leader with spy background and he's not alone). Think of him as radioactive person with a half-life, still able to be unpredictable. If he could have managed something of a neutral face, he would have been seen attempting to be a journalist.

@Ciel the facts about Anderson was CIA or to imply that he has a spy background is quite misleading.He addresses the true story around it long ago. ( he was a student! )

Wednesday, September 06, 2006
    My summer job ... nearly 20 years ago
    So an interesting thing happened today. A Web site has published an article saying that I once worked for the CIA.

CNN received a call from the Web site yesterday informing us that they were going to publish this story. They didn't have all their facts straight, and I've received some questions about it, so I decided to just write this blog post, hoping to get the facts out there.

As a college student, I had a number of summer jobs and internships, including working at the CIA. Keep in mind, we are talking about nearly 20 years ago. The Bangles "Walk Like An Egyptian" was on the radio. I was 19 years old, and like many college students was curious about a variety of careers.

There was a flyer for the CIA in my college career counseling office, and I applied for a summer job. I was a political science major and was interested in serving my country.

For a couple months over the course of two summers, I worked at the CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia. There are reporters who've been in the military, others who've interned on Capitol Hill while they were in college.

I know the CIA may sound more exotic and mysterious, but it was actually pretty bureaucratic and mundane, at least the little bit that I saw of it. By the end of the second summer, I realized it was not a place I wanted to work after college.

I've told all my employers about it over the years, but have chosen not to talk about it publicly. When I began to travel overseas to war zones as a reporter, I realized that some Jihadist might not understand that what people do for summer jobs in college doesn't mean they make a career out of it.

Oh, yeah, in case you're interested, after I graduated college, I briefly worked as a waiter, but I decided not to make a career out of that job either.
    Posted By Anderson Cooper: 12:09 PM ET
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Apr 24th, 2020 at 06:20 PM.
    GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

a feel good moment with Andrew Cuomo!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Some additional Beer Stores will be accepting bottle/can returns in Ontario, starting tomorrow. Also note change in hours.
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/communi...aking-empties/

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Page 220 of 239 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 ... LastLast

Thread Information