User Tag List

Page 228 of 239 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - thanks for the link. I was aware of this money scam but it was reported that he could do almost anything he wanted with the money, so good to know it's not true.

But all those republicans signing onto the suit makes me mad that they are enabling him, that they are sucking up to him and kissing his arse, that they are allowing themselves to be bullied by him or selling their souls for his future support and presumably his base. These people have no spine.

The latest update is that Trump has lost more than 50 challenges. I want people to shout "You don't like losers? You're a loser, loser, loser 50x over." "You're a loser, loser, loser, loser, loser, loser..."

Here's the article updating Trump's losses.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...ion-integrity/

I was going to say I can't wait till the electoral college meets on Monday to declare the winner but then I read this article;

https://prospect.org/blogs/tap/will-...n-december-14/

So I guess I'll be holding my breath - and cussing under it - until Biden is sworn in on Jan 20!
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Dec 13th, 2020 at 02:54 AM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Say it ain't so @Silk !!! That last article is truly frightening!!
    What is wrong with so many of the Republicans leaders??
    Aren't they the ones that boasted about Hillary's loss saying " elections have consequences ", and howled with laughter over the Liberal tears?
    Silk likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - the answer comes down to this imo - those Republicans lack courage, integrity, and morals.

Did you see or read about Jake Tapper's thank you to Trump? I'm so glad he did this:

Here's an article/summary - video is further down the page :

https://www.businessinsider.com/cnn-...-video-2020-12
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    @walkonby - the answer comes down to this imo - those Republicans lack courage, integrity, and morals.

Did you see or read about Jake Tapper's thank you to Trump? I'm so glad he did this:

Here's an article/summary - video is further down the page :

https://www.businessinsider.com/cnn-...-video-2020-12
    Was that at the end of his Sunday morning show State Of The Union ? I always tape that one but haven't watched it yet.
    Typical Tapper style...a back handed compliment as he begins by thanking Trump, then reveals exactly what he is thanking him for exposing....those gutless Republicans who signed on to that Supreme Court challenge.
    ( the big one indeed! , just another big loss for Trump )
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I don't know - I read about his comments when I was browsing the news on Google

Chris Cuomo is calling those Republicans *Retrumplicans*. I hope they get a lot of backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Was that at the end of his Sunday morning show State Of The Union ? I always tape that one but haven't watched it yet.
    Typical Tapper style...a back handed compliment as he begins by thanking Trump, then reveals exactly what he is thanking him for exposing....those gutless Republicans who signed on to that Supreme Court challenge.
    ( the big one indeed! , just another big loss for Trump )
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Silk, walkonby and GoodBoy like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Pro Trump "protesters" storm US Capitol

The vice-president has asked Trump supporters to leave the Capitol and stop the violence.

"This attack on our Capitol will not be tolerated and those involved will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Mike Pence tweeted.

Pence, who has insisted he cannot overturn the results of the election despite pressure for the president, was presiding over the electoral college vote when protesters stormed the building and he was shepherded to safety.

Silk and walkonby like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Of ALL the days for me to ignore CNN coverage because I thought it would be a rather boring day. Holy Sh*T!!

I think Hillary was VERY accurate, they are a basket of deplorables. Good grief Trump supporters....your guy lost!!!
    Silk likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

President-elect Biden's speech was awesome.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

And of course, some example of those "fine people" broke into the Speaker of the House of Representives Pelosi's office

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status...22218769575938

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The Out-going president isn't condemning the storming instead he's still bleating about how he lost bigly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I am glued to CNN since 2pm

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @flemeth In the Nov. 2016 election ( when 45 won ) I felt a strange flutter in my heart, and spilled many tears for what he might do. I've been glued to CNN nearly every day since then, read many books trying to understand US politics.
    Watched and believed Bill Maher when he repeatedly told his panel of guests from the start that " he is NOT going to leave if he loses the 2020 election ".
    I also followed the 2018 Mid Term campaigning right up till election night ....and last night I celebrated when both Dem Senators won Senate seats in the run off in Georgia.
    Despite all of that...... today was the one day I decided to tune out CNN.

ha ha !!!
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@flemeth, @Darth Penguin, @walkonby

Me too, flemeth.I couldn't stop watching CNN for hours either. Some of the speeches were amazing and I was shocked O'Connell spoke against the objection. Finally had to go and recorded it for the next 3+ hours. Turned the tv on to learn about the rioting.

In the meantime listened to our Premier here in Quebec impose a new stricter lockdown with curfew.

Then back to the riots - flipping back and forth between CNN, NBC and ABC - all had great coverage and differing side interviews.

Darth, am i right that Biden gave 2 speeches? So far I only caught the second one which was good.

I want to kick Ted Cruz where the sun doesn't shine...

Walks, hope you catch the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @flemeth In the Nov. 2016 election ( when 45 won ) I felt a strange flutter in my heart, and spilled many tears for what he might do. I've been glued to CNN nearly every day since then, read many books trying to understand US politics.
    Watched and believed Bill Maher when he repeatedly told his panel of guests from the start that " he is NOT going to leave if he loses the 2020 election ".
    I also followed the 2018 Mid Term campaigning right up till election night ....and last night I celebrated when both Dem Senators won Senate seats in the run off in Georgia.
    Despite all of that...... today was the one day I decided to tune out CNN.

ha ha !!!
    Of ALL the days for me to ignore CNN coverage because I thought it would be a rather boring day. Holy Sh*T!!

I think Hillary was VERY accurate, they are a basket of deplorables. Good grief Trump supporters....your guy lost!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    And of course, some example of those "fine people" broke into the Speaker of the House of Representives Pelosi's office

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status...22218769575938
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    The Out-going president isn't condemning the storming instead he's still bleating about how he lost bigly.
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Jan 7th, 2021 at 12:10 AM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Twitter locks Trump while FB and Instagram permabanned Trump

Twitter has temporarily locked U.S. President Donald Trump's account after supporters stormed the Capitol building on Thursday.

The mob gained access to the congressional chambers and voting floors, resulting in an evacuation. One woman was shot during the incident and several police officers had reportedly been injured.
    Trump addressed the rioters in a subsequent video. In it he reiterated his previous claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from them. He also claimed he won the election by a 'landslide'.
    This resulted in social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube removing the video due to its inclusion of misinformation regarding election fraud.
    Twitter originally took a softer stance by restricting the video posted on Donald Trump's account. This meant that it remained live but couldn't be retweeted, liked or commented on.
    eta
    Trump banned from FB

Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg said Thursday the social media giant is banning President Trump indefinitely, marking a dramatic escalation of the conflictbetween Silicon Valley and the White House after Trump weaponized the web to help stoke a riot at the U.S. Capitol.

“We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great,” Zuckerberg wrote. “Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.”

Facebook’s suspension marked the most aggressive penalty that any social media company has meted out to Trump over his four-year term, a period in which he has repeatedly peddled falsehoods, attacked critics and spread divisive rhetoric online. Twitter on Wednesday evening also suspended Trump for 12 hours for the first time, but the company’s blockade lifted Thursday morning — and the president had not yet tweeted.

The tech giants each took the rare aggressive steps after a violent mob stormed the House and Senate Wednesday, forcing lawmakers into a lockdown and briefly interrupting their formal process to certify Joseph Biden as the next president of the United States. In failing to act until after the deadly riot occurred, Facebook, Twitter and Google-owned YouTube have faced sharp criticism saying they should have done more, and sooner, to stop Trump from helping provoke the situation.

Last edited by Darth Penguin; Thu, Jan 7th, 2021 at 04:22 PM. Reason: eta extra link
    Silk likes this.

Page 228 of 239 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 ... LastLast

Thread Information