User Tag List

Page 232 of 239 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    And Trudeau will get what he wants. I despise him and virtually every single policy but, credit where credit is due. He stared down the opposition and has pretty much gotten every single thing he wanted thus far. Punitive gun laws, child care, carbon tax, and more. He made many of them votes of non-confidence and dared the opposition to challenge him and they were too cowardly to do anything. So, he got what he wanted.

I think that he won't get the majority he seeks. Instead, I predict a return to the same minority status. So long as Que and ON like him, there will be no change. Woe is Canada.
    Ugh. His only agenda is getting re-elected, nevermind that Canadians have lives in these covid-times to sort out...I see his estranged wife has made an appearance at his side so that she can remain princess of Canada with all the perks.
    Not getting my vote...won't make that mistake again...WHAT was I thinking??!!! All he's done is give money away to anyone who asked for it while senior citizens live on crumbs, veterans live on the streets, but hey!! He wants his private party-life to continue!!
    HermanH likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

All I can say is I will be voting ABC, yet again.

The Cons will continue to sell our assets, squander our resources, and give financial boosts to Capitalists.

They are going on and on about how subsidizing employment, and subsidizing child care is going to fix everyone's lives. that is ridiculous.

Housing prices keep going up because people keep viewing real estate as an investment, while people STRUGGLE to secure safe and healthy Primary residences. The cons will not even address they key contributors to the sharp rises in home prices. How about we start by enforcing stricter rules on sleazy developers, and the sleazy real estate brokers and Realtors.

The child care subsidy sounds nice, but it isn't really a subsidy for families. it is a subsidy for the capitalists who need a steady flow of obedient, house-poor workers. And hey, guess what? A woman can be paid 70% of what a man is paid. Who needs to import foreign workers when you can get some poor local woman to do the work at a fraction of the cost that a man would. subsidizing child care keeps lower paid women in the work force.

The housing developers and Realtors love dual income families as well. You can sell more house to a dual income family. Heaven forbid one of you ends up not being able to work, or *ghasp* entertains the idea of staying home with the kids for a few short years while they are in their formative years. You can't afford to stay home, without being frugal. and frugal isn't sexy.

And the Cons are promising a subsidy to Employers, so that people who are currently on CERB will be motivated to go back to work. So, Mr/Ms Employer who wasn't offering a living wage will get some money for a few months, and then what? Drop that employee's wages back to nothing? That doesn't sound like a plan, that sounds like a Bait-and-switch. WHat will they do if business hasn't pick up to pre-pandemic levels, because lets be honest, if business was back to normal then Employers would have the money to hire people again. What if business has still not recovered after this subsidy experiment. Then what? I don't see anyone giving any satisfactory answers about that. Maybe they will simply hire women, at 30% off.

And the one month GST Holiday that the Cons are offering. I might save 5% on a tiny amount of what I spend in 30 days. Im not buying much more than groceries these days. That GST holiday won't benefit me much at all.

Trudeau is a bit of a doofus, and lets be honest, the Liberals and Cons are both Capitalist parties. it is just that the Liberals tend to support social causes, and the Cons generally attract the more selfish people in our society.

When we list ALL the things we love about our beautiful nation, we tend to list things that the NDP stand for and support. Then the cons and liberals come along an start to whisper and create doubts about money, and all those ideals we listed about our country are forgotten at the polling station.

ABC, my friends, ABC
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

A look at the polls for each riding.

https://338canada.com/districts.htm

The 338Canada project is a statistical model of electoral projections based on opinion polls,
    electoral history of Canadian provinces and demographic data. This web site is the creation of Philippe J. Fournier, astronomy and physics professor at Cégep de Saint-Laurent in Montréal. Philippe J. Fournier is a political columnist for Maclean's and L'actualité magazines, and as well as contributor of political analyses for CTV Montreal, Noovo, and Radio-Canada.
    walkonby and dededi like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oops! How can Iget this long a*s space outa here? I was trying to post a joke but at the end it made all this open space? Help anyone?

Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Aug 29th, 2021 at 12:36 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

A little country humor to put a smile on your face.

Sarah was in the fertilized egg business. She had several hundred young pullets and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs.
    She kept records, and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced.
    This took a lot of time, so she bought some tiny bells and attached them to her roosters.
    Each bell had a different tone, so she could tell from a distance which rooster was performing.
    Now, she could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report by just listening to the bells.

Sarah's favorite rooster, old Bill, was a very fine specimen but, this morning she noticed old Bill's bell hadn't rung at all! When she went to investigate, she saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover.
    To Sarah's amazement, old Bill had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job, and walk on to the next one. Sarah was so proud of old Bill, she entered him in a show and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result was the judges not only awarded old Bill the "No Bell Peace Prize" they also awarded him the"Pulletsurprise" as well. Clearly old Bill was a politician in the making. Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the unsuspecting populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention?
    Vote carefully in the next election. You can't always hear the bells.
    anisa and heartgirl99 like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This is a long interview ( 39 minutes ) BUT a very good one, emotional, uplifting, sad at times, but an inspiring one. if you have the time sit back and watch it.

https://www.tvo.org/video/madame-justice-steps-down
    HermanH likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So THIS is interesting!!

My Hubby just spoke to a few parents of teens who were laid off because of covid, and instead of making their $400 a month, started making $2000 a month with Cerb.
    AND STILL ARE!!! EVEN if they're back to work!

GUESS when it cuts off?!!
    AFTER the election!!
    In OCTOBER!!

Trudeau is printing money and handing it out with NO checks and balances to anyone who is voting age or a teen who votes, or to parents of teens who are now saving $2000 a month for tuition! Or a new car!!!

What a coincidence that their money gets cut off RIGHT after the election!
    Imagine THAT!

He's handing out YOUR money....no questions asked, to groups who take those checks over the years with NO responsibility on how it's to be spent, kids, workers WHO ARE NOW WORKING and earning $2400 a month!!

BUYING VOTES! Is that the person you want looking after your money??!!! Our country???!

I'm SO angry!!!!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If anyone is applying for CERB and they don't understand that it is taxable, and is for unemployed people, they are probably too stupid to hold a job anyways.

No one is getting free money, and taxpayer money often goes to some pretty bizarre things.

Those people who were working under the table, who were paid cash, who never reported income from gratuities and other sources, are now on record for requiring a certain minimum income. Next tax season it will be a little more difficult for them to go back to under-reporting their incomes.

Honestly I would rather that tax money was used to help people directly, instead of the government buying Fighter planes and submarines, or the government selling our wheat board to Saudis, or selling the Atomic Energy crown corporation to SNC Lavalin for pennies on the dollar, or making deals with China allowing Chinese to sue Canadians for the next 31 years, etc.
    GoodBoy and Ciel21 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    If anyone is applying for CERB and they don't understand that it is taxable, and is for unemployed people, they are probably too stupid to hold a job anyways.
    😂👍
    No one is getting free money, and taxpayer money often goes to some pretty bizarre things.
    👍

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    My Hubby just spoke to a few parents of teens who were laid off because of covid, and instead of making their $400 a month, started making $2000 a month with Cerb.
    AND STILL ARE!!! EVEN if they're back to work!

GUESS when it cuts off?!!
    AFTER the election!!
    In OCTOBER!!

Trudeau is printing money and handing it out with NO checks and balances to anyone who is voting age or a teen who votes, or to parents of teens who are now saving $2000 a month for tuition! Or a new car!!!

What a coincidence that their money gets cut off RIGHT after the election!
    Imagine THAT!

He's handing out YOUR money....no questions asked, to groups who take those checks over the years with NO responsibility on how it's to be spent, kids, workers WHO ARE NOW WORKING and earning $2400 a month!!

BUYING VOTES! Is that the person you want looking after your money??!!! Our country???!

I'm SO angry!!!!
    I quite agree that the election was mysteriously coincidental to the timing of the election and also right about folks who earn more under CERB/CRB than they normally would. However, there are a few checks introduced after the initial flood of fraudulent CERB claims made headlines, such as the convicts claiming benefits.

Also, I think that we are of an age where the money and debt really are not much of a concern. Those kids earning/taking benefits are the ones who are going to be impoverished and responsible for the debt. One neighbour just had two kids and suggested to me that his kids would be saddled with the crippling debt. Sadly, I could not disagree.

Personally, I am downright insulted that all of the parties think that I can be bought. However, it must work because that is the common thread in all their campaigns.

When the clawback for the initial CERB began, one lady appeared on TV to whine and moan about how she was told that she could get money by simply entering her SIN. She said that she was on disability and that she needed new furniture. So, she bought it and found out that she did not qualify and now had no idea how she would be able to pay it back.

While I am sorry for her situation, she blatantly and deliberately ignored the requirements stipulated when she applied and now she, alone, is responsible for the consequences. I agree. No one is getting free money.
    Lynn49 and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And so it starts with the CPC. LOL

Conservatives lock down member database as challenge to Erin O’Toole’s leadership grows

https://t.co/vSYYbeB7ps

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Kenney better hope the wind changes direction!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trained rescue dog saved 100 burned koalas during wildfires-he gets an award to recognize his important work.

https://people.com/pets/bear-hero-do...es-gets-award/
    walkonby and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gee, no shopping in the US in person before Nov. 30. Or you will get a ticket if you drive over the border and try to come back, even if you are in BC...
    BC resident discovers the hard way why she needed a PCR test or a ticket.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ross-1.6259536

The British Army's base in Alberta is going to move to Oman in 2023. I did not know of this base.
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/british-ar...203404049.html
    Last edited by Ciel21; Wed, Nov 24th, 2021 at 12:10 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The rising cost of stuff plus when will it arrive? A wrinkle in shipping information courtesy of China's recent laws.
    China's disappearing ships: The latest headache for the global supply chain (msn.com)

Ready or not, you will be looking far and wide at store chains that might have existing stock!
    wendymac likes this.

Page 232 of 239 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 ... LastLast

Thread Information