User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: hate hate hate being treated like a freaking child

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Friggin people!! Every store has a crying baby in it, babies/kids cry, so what ?I dont even hear it anymore!
    People need to get over themselves, if they want to shop where its quiet then go to sobeys at 4 am otherwise suck it up!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Im 28, with 3 kids and people say to me "you dont look old enough to have 3 kids".Then I reply with "how old do you have to be then? I wasn't aware there was an age limit"

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If anybody ever said something like this to my child, me telling them to go eff themselves would be a compliment! Id probably be going to jail that day!
    Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    haters on my rant thread. whatever. my baby boy gets called a re**rded idiot and i tell someone to go f*** themself and im a bad parent who should look at myself. sorry, obviously not a clue what i go through on a day to day basis. my son is a very slow learner and throws some mad tantrums because he cant get across what he wants to say. therefore i get derogatory comments everywhere i go because of his behaviour. i dont think this is a reflection on poor parenting. we do what we can to teach him, it is difficult however, we are fairly certain he is slightly autistic and its difficult to get through to him. i dont need some lady calling him names that cut me deeply
    nainai0585 likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have a 19 month old DS, my one and only. I am 42. I must say that I always apologize to people if he starts to act up, like he did this morning at Maxi which ended up costing me because I forgot a price match. Anyways, I digress...the people behind me and the staff are always very patient and usually try to amuse him so that I can finish my transaction.

I always sympathize with other mothers when their kids are having meltdowns. I try to catch their eye and say, I understand. Most people who have kids or grandkids do understand. Those that don't, will never understand. You need to do what you think is best and just ignore everything else.
    walkonby likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i think i handled myself pretty well. i wanted to punch her right in her dirty dumb mouth. it was awful.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

OMG...they are children..let them exprime .....I do not have child...but I was a child before been an adult just like the others persons..so the persons should undersant its not easy and that 's it!!!!
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My son is 27 this year but I do remember the meltdowns. I would just drop everything and remove him from the store. He would have all this information that he wanted to get across but he couldn't get it out so he would just shut down. He eventually" outgrew" it and didn't have this problem anymore. Every child will have a meltdown.....period. Good for you for refraining from throttling such an insensitive person.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    OMG...they are children..let them exprime .....I do not have child...but I was a child before been an adult just like the others persons..so the persons should undersant its not easy and that 's it!!!!
    the thing is, i understand it is annoying and i do apologize, the problem arose when she called him such a disgusting name and looked at me like she was some sort of queen. i was seething.
    darlataz likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    My son is 27 this year but I do remember the meltdowns. I would just drop everything and remove him from the store. He would have all this information that he wanted to get across but he couldn't get it out so he would just shut down. He eventually" outgrew" it and didn't have this problem anymore. Every child will have a meltdown.....period. Good for you for refraining from throttling such an insensitive person.
    thank you my dear. i was proud i held it together. not verbally of course, but i could have said and done worse. the people around us were looking at her like she was evil. im glad they heard what she said so i didnt look like the idiot.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I was 19 when I had my first son and also looked like a young teenager then. I used to hear all sorts of hurtful comments when he was an infant eg. "look, a baby having a baby, what a shame." Yes, I was young but, knowing what I do now, I can say with confidence that I was a fantastic mother. I can empathize with you there. With my younger son, I didn't have a choice but to take him out shopping with me the day we were released from the hospital. I had not a single soul to help me out and I desperately needed diapers and sleepers for him as he was born unexpectedly early. I think I heard the nastiest comments directed at me during that most difficult period of motherhood for me. It was almost 16 years ago yet I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Having said that, I was extremely fortunate that either of my boys only had a temper tantrum 1 time each while grocery shopping. I certainly realize how incredibly lucky I was in that sense. However, when I see parents/children having a difficult time, I always offer to help. Whether it be distracting them, allowing them ahead of me in line, or just helping carry bags/push shopping carts to their cars, etc.. Being a parent is not always an easy task and we never know what hardships others endure. It's so much easier to lend a helping hand rather than a sharp tongue.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    haters on my rant thread. whatever. my baby boy gets called a re**rded idiot and i tell someone to go f*** themself and im a bad parent who should look at myself. sorry, obviously not a clue what i go through on a day to day basis. my son is a very slow learner and throws some mad tantrums because he cant get across what he wants to say. therefore i get derogatory comments everywhere i go because of his behaviour. i dont think this is a reflection on poor parenting. we do what we can to teach him, it is difficult however, we are fairly certain he is slightly autistic and its difficult to get through to him. i dont need some lady calling him names that cut me deeply
    Whether your son has learning disabilities, is slow, is just having a bad day and is cranky, whatever the reason he is upset, NOBODY should ever call your son a "re**rded idiot." I am pretty laid back and don't let things get me mad but I would absolutely lose it if anyone ever said that about one of my children.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    Im 28, with 3 kids and people say to me "you dont look old enough to have 3 kids".Then I reply with "how old do you have to be then? I wasn't aware there was an age limit"
    I have noticed that, any woman that looks younger than 35 that has a child gets treated like they were a 15 year old that was knocked up. It is quite sad.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have 4 grown boys...one bad experience with the first one while shopping...Left everything there and went home....
    realized ...once again, I am making this comment:
    Kids don't like shopping...mommy does....
    Leave kids home and enjoy your shopping experience....Seriously....how can you focus with kids with you.??????
    SFARAZ and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

he was quite content the entire time, thanks though. it was only in the long line up that he began to be fussy. i certainly wasnt leaving then. i dont drive and i walk everywhere i go. so its not like its just a car ride to come back.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I have noticed that, any woman that looks younger than 35 that has a child gets treated like they were a 15 year old that was knocked up. It is quite sad.
    its so true. and ludicrous.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information