User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: coupons

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    I work at Walmart. Thanks to extreme coupon people we have had no choice but to set limits. You can only 5 coupons per item ex you have 7 shampoos and 7 coupons we will only take 5. Not per order but per day. As for the size we do have a right to the size. People think its Walmart but alot of it comes from the manufactures We are regulated by them. People were clearing the shelves of items. When this happens then there is nothing left for others. You dont need 50 bottles of barbacue sauce. Its the extremers that have caused this. Plus not only Walmart has to make changes as the problems arise. You can thank the people who come in get 20 bags of coffee put 30 beans in each bag the price 13 cents then hand over coupons for 2 dollars off. I use coupons as do many of us at Walmart we also price match. If people abuse the system then the system has to be changed. Its not easy for us at cash so please stop getting mad at us. Plus we also no there are a few who like to come in late and look for the new cashiers because they are not on to the games. Be kind to the cashier stop abusing the system then maybe we can all be a little bit happier

Tierd of been abused by the public
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by igiveup View Post
    You can thank the people who come in get 20 bags of coffee put 30 beans in each bag the price 13 cents then hand over coupons for 2 dollars off.
    Wow. That takes some nerve. It must be difficult to be patient and courteous with people who are so blatantly abusive.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

welcome to sc, interesting first post... i have no issue at my walmart if something is empty, i ask for rain checks... i can't say if someone needs 2, 30 or 200 bbq sauces as i am not them... they may be preparing for an event etc. As for the coffee bean thing, yes maybe its annoying but as long as the store is reimbursed for it, i don't get the problem... its not that selfs are cleared in this process. Its money for the store that someone may not have left there otherewise... I don't get why stores go above and beyound enforcing coupons that are being used as per what the coupon itself says...

"you say that you can only use 5 coupons on 7 items... meaning one can buy more if they don't use coupons." i'll tell you here what gets me about your store... here you say that its concerned about shelf clearing... now why not limit the number of items anyone can purchase as opposed to punishing couponers for using coupons and limiting the number of coupons they can use.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Wed, Jun 27th, 2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: added

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I don't know where you're located... but this new Walmart limit you speak of.... is it store specific ? I was at Walmart this morning and bought 10 of the same item with 10 coupons without a problem.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Welcome to SC. I hope you stick around to see there are so many people here who follow the rules (and call out people who do abuse those rules). I think its the overage policy that brings abusers to Walmart. I rarely go though because I don't have a car and its so far away so I could be making false assumptions

I always feel bad for cashiers. They get low pay and get the worst customer attitudes. My mom is a cashier,and I vividly remember being one. You deserve flowers
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have a friend in Ottawa works as a cashier and she says the same thing. And that it will be become policy of 5 coupons by end of summer cause it takes awhile for every store to train there cashiers, rewrite there coupon policy and then write out signs. What she said was because of the abuse companies aren't paying because of the misuse and that now cashiers get verbal then written warnings then fired. She hates being a cashier at Walmart. I get text messages every day of the horror stories and rude things people say to her. She is 50 yrs old and a sweet woman so why be so rude when she says no I can't accept that coupon or no I can't price match.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by igiveup View Post
    I work at Walmart. Thanks to extreme coupon people we have had no choice but to set limits. You can only 5 coupons per item ex you have 7 shampoos and 7 coupons we will only take 5. Not per order but per day. As for the size we do have a right to the size. People think its Walmart but alot of it comes from the manufactures We are regulated by them. People were clearing the shelves of items. When this happens then there is nothing left for others. You dont need 50 bottles of barbacue sauce. Its the extremers that have caused this. Plus not only Walmart has to make changes as the problems arise. You can thank the people who come in get 20 bags of coffee put 30 beans in each bag the price 13 cents then hand over coupons for 2 dollars off. I use coupons as do many of us at Walmart we also price match. If people abuse the system then the system has to be changed. Its not easy for us at cash so please stop getting mad at us. Plus we also no there are a few who like to come in late and look for the new cashiers because they are not on to the games. Be kind to the cashier stop abusing the system then maybe we can all be a little bit happier

Tierd of been abused by the public
    SOOO you are saying my stockpile of 104 bottles of BBQ sauce is excessive? LOL! I don't shelf clear, I just build up slowly until I get to the point where I feel comfortable with the amount that I have. The people that go to the point of the coffee bean example you gave need their heads examined. I have never abused a cashier verbally ( or for that matter, physically LOL ) over coupons. I have stood up for myself yes but only quietly and firmly. People that abuse the couponing system are making it harder for us and in the end, themselves. We can't change how these people act, only conduct ourselves according to our own morals and conscience.
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I totally understand why Walmart may be implementing this policy. The OP is correct no one needs 50 bottles of BBQ sauce at one time. It is like anything else when there is a good thing going people go to the extreme and greed kicks in. If I did need 50 bottles of BBQ sauce I would order it or at least talk to my retailer to give them the heads up. Be respectful of limits and really think about what you are doing. If the greed continues the limitations will just keep getting more stringent.I just don't know why people don't get this. London Drugs had to tighten up, now Walmart and My No Frills will only let me use one coupon for the same item so if I bought 2 blacks of cheese I can only use one coupon (just started this the last time I went) . Has anyone read the wording on the new quantum coupons I think they have covered every angle, you could almost read it like it can't even be combined with a sale price. Sometimes I think the thrill of the purchase overshadows the reason why we coupon it is so easy to get caught up in the what can I get for next to nothing compared to how can I save my family some money.

And to Wolfwonam I mean no insult to your impressive amount of BBQ sauce, there is a difference between going in a store and buying them all at once and shopping responsibly to build your stockpile. I have a strange need to have at least a year of Tide so I pick up a couple here and there because I don't ever want to pay full price for it. I totaly get it!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Jun 28th, 2012 at 01:53 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    SOOO you are saying my stockpile of 104 bottles of BBQ sauce is excessive? LOL! I don't shelf clear, I just build up slowly until I get to the point where I feel comfortable with the amount that I have. The people that go to the point of the coffee bean example you gave need their heads examined. I have never abused a cashier verbally ( or for that matter, physically LOL ) over coupons. I have stood up for myself yes but only quietly and firmly. People that abuse the couponing system are making it harder for us and in the end, themselves. We can't change how these people act, only conduct ourselves according to our own morals and conscience.

This post is made purely out of curiosity...no judgement intended. I'm (a) wondering how long barbecue sauce keeps, and (b) do you go through that much for personal use or do you use it for church/youth/camp/school/community events. I probably go through about 4 bottles a year, so my curiosity makes me ask what people are using larger quantities for.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

I have 20 btls of BBQ sauce in my stockpile...I dont think thats too much as we probably use 4 bottles a month...I do not see a problem with wolfwoman having 104. who cares what she is using it for! she has what she has and she got it how she got it!!
    end of story!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    This post is made purely out of curiosity...no judgement intended. I'm (a) wondering how long barbecue sauce keeps, and (b) do you go through that much for personal use or do you use it for church/youth/camp/school/community events. I probably go through about 4 bottles a year, so my curiosity makes me ask what people are using larger quantities for.
    each household is different... isn't there any one product you go crazy through that others might not?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Why the aggressive answers? I'm simply curious.....

Of course we all go through larger amounts of different things. For me, it's frozen fruit....we go through 3-4 cups a day in our household.
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
    renegado and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I probably need to stock up on BBQ sauce again. I find I go through a lot of it if I make pulled pork in the slow cooker or similar preparations. Hope that helps... I have an inquisitive mind too

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I probably need to stock up on BBQ sauce again. I find I go through a lot of it if I make pulled pork in the slow cooker or similar preparations. Hope that helps... I have an inquisitive mind too
    That's mostly what I use mine for as well. I sometimes make my own sauce, but pulled pork and bottled sauce in the slow cooker on the way out the door to work is pretty easy.
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Why the aggressive answers? I'm simply curious.....

Of course we all go through larger amounts of different things. For me, it's frozen fruit....we go through 3-4 cups a day in our household.
    my household goes through 10-15 4L bags of milk monthly, trust me if its on sale and we have coupons we pick em up in the one trip. lol its funny to watch others look at my buggy... i have 4 kids that go through it like water

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information