User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: coupons

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

didnt mean to sound aggressive. Im sorry if it came out that way what I was just trying to say is that people need different amounts of things for all different reasons...If I come across a really good deal on something I use, I usually wont clear a shelf , but I will grab extra if I have the coupons for it and stock right up!! hence the 20 bottles of bbq sauce...I have 20 bottles of body wash too but thats because I shower everyday and use it everyday!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Thanks....just curious as to what people use that much BBQ sauce for. I did have someone PM me and let me know the expiry date is usually two years out. That means I will probably pick up a few more bottles myself.
    dariusz8 and misstarbender like this.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am building my stockpile of BBQ sauces -- slowly, so as not to arouse suspicion or concern -- until I have enough sauce to fill my bathtub, and then I am going to take a bath in BBQ sauce, mainly honey-garlic, which I expect to find not only delightfully soothing, because that's the way I am, but also an excellent stain remover, because I hate bending over a bathtub with a scrub-brush, NOT THAT IT'S ANYBODY'S BUSINESS STOP JUDGING ME.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    I am building my stockpile of BBQ sauces -- slowly, so as not to arouse suspicion or concern -- until I have enough sauce to fill my bathtub, and then I am going to take a bath in BBQ sauce, mainly honey-garlic, which I expect to find not only delightfully soothing, because that's the way I am, but also an excellent stain remover, because I hate bending over a bathtub with a scrub-brush, NOT THAT IT'S ANYBODY'S BUSINESS STOP JUDGING ME.

omg lmao, i can't get that image out of my head now....
    Jezebel likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    This post is made purely out of curiosity...no judgement intended. I'm (a) wondering how long barbecue sauce keeps, and (b) do you go through that much for personal use or do you use it for church/youth/camp/school/community events. I probably go through about 4 bottles a year, so my curiosity makes me ask what people are using larger quantities for.
    i personally go through a lot of bbq sauce because i use big amounts of it for marinades. because i get it for free or next to nothing i dont worry about making it last so i just pour gobs of it on the steak or roast or whatever the carnivores are eating that night.
    DaveP, mckbutterfly and wolfwoman like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Actually Renegado, you can have some of my stockpile of Scrubbing Bubbles. I think that if you aim well, you don't have to bend over the tub with a scrub brush. Of course, now that we have all found out that it is on the list of the most noxious, 'bad for you' household chemical cleanerls, that may not be a very generous offer!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^Thanks. I bought it once and my son used it to clean his long-board and his shoes. Seriously, though, I thought myself clever for buying BBQ sauce on PM with SPC and coupon two or three years ago, and we still have it, unopened in the cupboard. I may have to try it in the bathtub just to get rid of it.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

104 BBQ sauce! LOL.!!! I got about 10 and hubby think's i should let my small pile go down a bit. Now, if we were talking shampoos, i have probably 60 bottles. Not all on coupons though, some i just buy because i'm a sucker for shampoos..LOL

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Mine conditioner cause I wash my hair everyday - maybe 6 bottles and cat treats since I have 4 cats I have maybe 25 bags cause of that temptation coupon expiring June 30 so I stacked up buying a 3 bags every day
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Interesting first post, igiveup. Welcome to Smart Canucks!
    I'm sorry that you and your employer have had such a difficult time with "extreme" couponers!
    (What constitutes as extreme anyways?)

I consider myself to be an ethical couponer (I don't clear shelves, take excessive coupons, I'm nice to my cashiers, who in return are nice back!), but I will say that no matter what limit or policies stores put out, greedy couponers will unfortunately always be..greedy!
    So, there's a 5 per person product limit and a 5 coupon per purchase limit on it. They could simply bring their entire family of 5 and get 25 of the item with the use of matching coupons. Or if they cash out, leave the store and return to another cashier to cash out...what's the store going to do? Is your store seriously going to deny their purchases? Loose the reimbursement and money of the manufacturer and customer? Ask for ID to make sure someone doesn't go over the limit per day? Perhaps even cause a scene? ..&c. lol
    (I'm not being aggressive. I'm just stating the truth and asking honest questions!)

I think what matters is...the coupon being used on the correct item, that it isn't expired or fake.
    The manufacturer will reimburse the coupon value plus a handling fee for good coupons!
    If the manufacturers decides to print that the coupon excludes trail size or print more restrictions, then so be it.
    Shoppers and cashiers: follow what the manufacturer states on the coupon and Walmart will be reimbursed.

As for shelf clearing, either one person clears it all or 2, 3 or 5 do if it's a hot item.
    If it's gone, its gone! The best thing to do is..
    1. ask a Walmart employee to check if they have anymore in the back
    2. ask for a rain-check!
    3. for Walmart to keep hot items stocked in the warehouse and on the shelves

Please don't judge people by their purchases (with coupons or not).
    What if they're getting the 50 bottles of BBQ sauce to use at a school fundraiser?
    What if they have a family of 10, on a tight budget and will actually use the 50 bottles of sauce over the summer/year?

I wish you'd tell us what Walmart you work at, so we know that these are the store's new "policies".
    ...or so we can avoid it*. lol

*totally half kidding!
    karma33, Kalmel, salady and 10 others like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

[QUOTE=renegado;4797809]I am building my stockpile of BBQ sauces -- slowly, so as not to arouse suspicion or concern -- until I have enough sauce to fill my bathtub, and then I am going to take a bath in BBQ sauce, mainly honey-garlic, which I expect to find not only delightfully soothing, because that's the way I am, but also an excellent stain remover, because I hate bending over a bathtub with a scrub-brush, NOT THAT IT'S ANYBODY'S BUSINESS STOP JUDGING ME.

[/QUOTE

lol this is awesome!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Interesting first post, igiveup. Welcome to Smart Canucks!
    I'm sorry that you and your employer have had such a difficult time with "extreme" couponers!
    (What constitutes as extreme anyways?)

I consider myself to be an ethical couponer (I don't clear shelves, take excessive coupons, I'm nice to my cashiers, who in return are nice back!), but I will say that no matter what limit or policies stores put out, greedy couponers will unfortunately always be..greedy!
    So, there's a 5 per person product limit and a 5 coupon per purchase limit on it. They could simply bring their entire family of 5 and get 25 of the item with the use of matching coupons. Or if they cash out, leave the store and return to another cashier to cash out...what's the store going to do? Is your store seriously going to deny their purchases? Loose the reimbursement and money of the manufacturer and customer? Ask for ID to make sure someone doesn't go over the limit per day? Perhaps even cause a scene? ..&c. lol
    (I'm not being aggressive. I'm just stating the truth and asking honest questions!)

I think what matters is...the coupon being used on the correct item, that it isn't expired or fake.
    The manufacturer will reimburse the coupon value plus a handling fee for good coupons!
    If the manufacturers decides to print that the coupon excludes trail size or print more restrictions, then so be it.
    Shoppers and cashiers: follow what the manufacturer states on the coupon and Walmart will be reimbursed.

As for shelf clearing, either one person clears it all or 2, 3 or 5 do if it's a hot item.
    If it's gone, its gone! The best thing to do is..
    1. ask a Walmart employee to check if they have anymore in the back
    2. ask for a rain-check!
    3. for Walmart to keep hot items stocked in the warehouse and on the shelves

Please don't judge people by their purchases (with coupons or not).
    What if they're getting the 50 bottles of BBQ sauce to use at a school fundraiser?
    What if they have a family of 10, on a tight budget and will actually use the 50 bottles of sauce over the summer/year?

I wish you'd tell us what Walmart you work at, so we know that these are the store's new "policies".
    ...or so we can avoid it*. lol

*totally half kidding!
    wonderfully put janetta!!

babies teach us acceptance

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

um I have a years worth of
    :iams cat food
    :kitty litter
    :laundry soap
    :paper towel
    :soup
    :feminin products
    :all aveeno products(wash/lotions ect)
    :k-kups (in the freezer)
    so I don't think it strange to have a lot of 1 item....I don't buy mine all at once but I like knowing I don't have to run to the store or search/trade for some coupons....it is kinda like a mini coupon holiday..although if it is a really good deal and I have the coupons I will pick up more

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

UHM .. I totally understand the OP !! buuuut ... this is my thing .. I consider myself a VERY VERY HONEST COUPONER ..I don't buy thing I don't need but since I provide stuff to my mother -in-law (which her budget is tight and does not have time for souponing), our NANA (which is a 83 year old which can barly walk), my household (of 3)and I have given stuff to 2 friends which have been in a tight spot with money .. so I go though my stockpile quite fast

1. I have 10 laundry detergent - I do 6-7 loads a week ..
    2. I got 150 coupons for the protain bars - Hubby eats 6-8 a DAY !!! - so I have asked the CSM at WM if I can buy a lot of them .. she says "yes its fine" (I don't think I'm greedy I'm honest .. I'm gonna purchase a lot anyways ..better if it is in one trip)
    3. got 16 resolve at once - 4 already gone, 8 going to nana and mother-in-law (they use it A LOT !!)
    4. got 16 DIAL hand soap re-fill and will provide for my all the mentioned above for a year !!
    5. Shampoo, body wash and deodorant .. GOT LOTS OF THEM .. we shower everyday and sometimes more than twice .. we use a lot !!!

I can go on forever !! I don't have a crazy stockpile but I share it whitout charging a thing because my mother-in-la and nana provide food for us on Xmas, New Years, B-days, thanksgiven .. so is a way to save them money somehow ..

Why do we judge how someone else if you don't know how they using it ... I have "lots" of things but I have odne baskets for ruffles for good causes !!!

I don't buy just to buy but I will try to get it dirt cheap or free for sure ! ..

as I said on the other EXTREME COUPONING rant ... that show has really hurt those honest couponers who actually try to save some money ..

sad sad sad ..
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    This post is made purely out of curiosity...no judgement intended. I'm (a) wondering how long barbecue sauce keeps, and (b) do you go through that much for personal use or do you use it for church/youth/camp/school/community events. I probably go through about 4 bottles a year, so my curiosity makes me ask what people are using larger quantities for.
    I haven't checked this thread for awhile so that's my excuse for the late answer. No judgement taken LOL! I suppy extras for my parents and in-laws all of whom are on limited incomes. I also give to my son who works his behind off at 2 jobs and also manages to purchases toys for the local women's shelter ( so proud of him!). money stretcher hint- BBQ sauce waterdown can be a base for homemade soup. Also, we go thru " Spring Breakup" every year where there can be no work for a couple of months, so it really helps to have as big stockpile as possible. Not just for us humans but for my 4 cats and 4 dogs. We all just have to gauge what our own personal needs are for our situations. Happy Couponing!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information