User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Canada Post

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

We had trouble with our post lady here at work...she used to leave our mail in front of our office (they are supposed to bring it in, were in an office building so they go from room to room.) I had enough when she left 8 Apple Ipad's in front of my office and I was sitting inside unaware that I had over $6,000 worth of electronics in front of my office for anyone to take.
    It seems others have complained bc now we have the kindest older gentleman, very friendly!

Merician Loving Nuck! kparker1786's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My mom works for CP and I used to. Right now, CUPE is not under contract at all, so they are pretty much free to do whatever they please. The union and workers have not worked out an agreement yet. IE Expenses (for Rural drivers like my mom. Her car is taking a beating with all the stop and go and hitting mailboxes LOL, PLUS the price of gas!) It's stupid but it's why a lot of the mail is slow. The sorters in TO and Ottawa just do whatever they want because "we ain't under no contract" *sigh*
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

We are very fortunate here.. we always have great mail delivery peepss.. I haven't really noticed a difference in delivery times because I zone it out and am just happy like Christmas when I get mail .. I love mail days! My issues are with different parts of Canada post.. one being whomever sets prices.. for a few years I sold on Ebay, not alot , about 25 or so packages a week, CP charged alot but didnt' give what I paid for. IE I had a package get lost in toronto.. instead of giving me the $40 for the lost dress, they gave me back the cost of postage in stamps.. it was insured and had a tracking #.. what the heck.. the person I was supposed to call never responded to my messages. The other issue was the actual cost and shipping times.. In time I started driving to the US and shipping from there. My shipping costs dropped by 70% , all my packing supplies were free and the packages arrived in 1 or 2 days instead of 2-3 weeks.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I think people need to stop and think. A lot of these comments - won't quote since there are so many - have you ever stopped to think maybe the company didn't send you something you ordered? Maybe that company put the wrong address on it? Maybe someone else took it, NOT the mail person?

I can't believe no one stops to think about what its like to me a mail delivery person. Would you like to deliver mail in -40 degree weather with ice everywhere? How about those "lovely" days in the summer when you sit inside in the air conditioning all day when the mail man is delivering your stuff in 40+ weather. I remember last year there was a day when it reached 52! For that I thank my mail person.

Sure, sometimes I suspect something might have gone missing but don't directly blame the mail person because they are the ones right there front and center. Think about all the other people who are involved with your mail getting directed to you because its not just the letter carriers. And sure, sometimes I get another apartments mail and they get mine, but I must tell you something ... we are HUMAN, we make mistakes sometimes.

So now when Monday comes thank your post person for doing such a great job.
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Sat, Jun 30th, 2012 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Making sentances make sense. D'oh
    SarahS83, walkonby and Skittles160 like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Not sure about where you all Live, BUT here in Winnipeg they've REDUCED the CP Pick up hours.
    EX: My closest Mailbox at Family Foods (Portage and Ferry) USED to pick up at 09:00 & 17:00 MON ~ FRI w/a SATURDAY p/u as well
    and YES there is a CP Outlet in store as well... NOW they ONLY p/u @ 17:00 so if by chance the postal pick up is early, its another 24 hrs til p/u.

Have you considered the weight of your mailout?!?
    I know it may sound a lil goofy but i had a Standard envelope that was over 33gms?!? anyways it was $1.05 to mail out not the usual $.61...
    (I'd sent out some of the HamburgerHelpers BOGO's (Green Giant & $3.00 off Gr Beef)
    Just happened to be at the Post office to p/u stamps, otherwise i wouldn't have known...

I recently did a Trade within Wpg by Mail it was 3 business days for it to get here,
    I got a Post Card from Niagra Falls and it was more than week from the stamp date...

The mail delivery has been "off" if you will since they relocated from Dtwn to the JRI Int'l Airport site.
    B/c Ferry Road is only 1 letter off of Berry Street it isn't unusual to get their mail anymore.
    Ive had many lost letters/pkgs along the way over the years...

We've had a FEW People & Mail Carriers in Wpg charged w/Theft.
    A few yrs ago (2010) we had a "neighbour" who would deliver (avon/neutrimedics/partylite booklets) in our area in broad daylight w
    ho was lifting Credit Cards and anything else they thought was of value...

Our Mail delivery time in summer is awful (sorry) but when our Girl goes on Vacay, our mail is as early as 10 and as late as 4pm...

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I think people need to stop and think. A lot of these comments - won't quote since there are so many - have you ever stopped to think maybe the company didn't send you something you ordered? Maybe that company put the wrong address on it? Maybe someone else took it, NOT the mail person?

I can't believe no one stops to think about what its like to me a mail delivery person. Would you like to deliver mail in -40 degree weather with ice everywhere? How about those "lovely" days in the summer when you sit inside in the air conditioning all day when the mail man is delivering your stuff in 40+ weather. I remember last year there was a day when it reached 52! For that I thank my mail person.

Sure, sometimes I suspect something might have gone missing but don't directly blame the mail person because they are the ones right there front and center. Think about all the other people who are involved with your mail getting directed to you because its not just the letter carriers. And sure, sometimes I get another apartments mail and they get mine, but I must tell you something ... we are HUMAN, we make mistakes sometimes.

I agree with you. I have never blamed my mail carrier however the sorting facilities go thru a LOT of mail so I tend to blame them as mistskes are bound to happen there we are all human. Plus i hear a lot of machines are sorting now which imo means more mistskes than what an actual person would make. I always thank my mail carrier when i see him and have offered him freezies too in this heat. Its probably very rare for it to be a mess up with the carrier except for the odd letter for your neighbour that ends up in your box. I was simply whining because (aside from me being a tad whiny anyway) I am excited all morning to see what will be there when I open the door at 11 lol!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastblondie View Post
    Having problems with Canada post to! Sent mail x2 to Ontario. Sent mail a week later to Nova Scotia. Nova Scotia has their mail. Ontario. Well I'm worried if they'll ever get it or not.

I feel your pain!
    Oh my gosh!!! Its sooo true!! I am receivig envies from western provinces in three days and a few weeks ago it took two weeks for mail to come from the city right next to mine!!

Its nice to hear comments explaining a bit of what is going on with CP. I wasnt aware. I thoughy maybe since the heat is so bad they were given more breaks as required by law in certsin degrees c. Is this the after wave of thr strike? Or unrelated? Im so badly out of touch :screwy:

Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    I agree with you. I have never blamed my mail carrier however the sorting facilities go thru a LOT of mail so I tend to blame them as mistskes are bound to happen there we are all human. Plus i hear a lot of machines are sorting now which imo means more mistskes than what an actual person would make. I always thank my mail carrier when i see him and have offered him freezies too in this heat. Its probably very rare for it to be a mess up with the carrier except for the odd letter for your neighbour that ends up in your box. I was simply whining because (aside from me being a tad whiny anyway) I am excited all morning to see what will be there when I open the door at 11 lol!

The cat and I watch from our window, when we see the mail man walking up our street I get ready to go down a few minutes later. Hes very punctual and everything is delivered by 11:15am at the latest. I love it.
    walkonby and tearlessnights like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Mym my has been having a bad time. They can't seem to get her the CD she ordered. She has tried different combinations (she is rural route so she put that and the physical address and they still send it back to the sender as undeliverable). She has lived there for 50 yrs and it seems like most of the mail is getting through (who knows for sure because some will not contact her if it gets sent back)
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just wanted to say that my Mailman is the best! He brings packages to the door, instead of me having to go all the way to the post office (20 minutes away.).
    I don't know about the rest of the service, but I appreciate what he does.
    walkonby likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

lucky all of your receiving the mails on time, I just received today a trade I did in June 4, from AB, but the one from ontario traded the same day (my province, that usually is for 3 days) still doesn't show up yet.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I live in an apt. And I have an awesome mailman. He's very kind. He says Canada Post has problems. They only deliver mail to our building every other day. And if there's a lot of mail for our building he has to post a notice above all the mail boxes telling us we have to go to the Canada Post office on the other side of town and get our own. I've had to drive there quite a few times. It sucks but there's nothing i can do about it.

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

See post below
    Last edited by WAKEFORSOUL; Wed, Jul 4th, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
    <a href='http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=wakeforsoul'></a>

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post

Well said! I work for Canada Post and I've carried mailed (I work inside now) and we get a lot of slack for things that we cannot control or are plain and simple human error. No one is perfect and we try our best but if you get your neighbours mail just put it back in your box with a little sticky and we would be glad to take it to it's rightful owner.
    walkonby likes this.
    <a href='http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=wakeforsoul'></a>

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Speaking of Canada Post - I just received about 7 letters all addressed to various building located on this street ( I work in an office building!) How can you not see that your delivering wrong mail...I work at 405 - the numbers on the letters vary - 945, 675, 358, 988....wth!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information