User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Airmiles sucks collect anything else

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yeah ^^ agreed elizj and mickp.
    I checked my balance today and the last of the AM I earned the day BEFORE I had switched to 100% to cash were deposited to the dream side.
    Redeemed for a $50.00 HBC GC for DS. They have it rigged in their favour that I lose the last 20 AM in that side as there are no redemption's available for 20, so I'm done. In 5 yrs when they expire I don't think I will care.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

mickpalace, may want to check your Air Miles "dream rewards". I just got an Empire movie ticket with 75 "dream rewards". Maybe they read your thread and added more rewards.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    mickpalace, may want to check your Air Miles "dream rewards". I just got an Empire movie ticket with 75 "dream rewards". Maybe they read your thread and added more rewards.
    Are you kidding me?

I have considered the ones in that side DEAD, but maybe I will check if I can use them up somehow. Did I tell you they ( AM CS) gave me the equivalent amount of AM that was " stuck " on my Dream side and placed that amount into my cash side as a good will gesture? I thanked them, but told them it made very little difference as I was no longer avidly collecting as I considered their whole programme to be a ripoff now.
    Thanks Shwa!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Are you kidding me?

I have considered the ones in that side DEAD, but maybe I will check if I can use them up somehow. Did I tell you they ( AM CS) gave me the equivalent amount of AM that was " stuck " on my Dream side and placed that amount into my cash side as a good will gesture? I thanked them, but told them it made very little difference as I was no longer avidly collecting as I considered their whole programme to be a ripoff now.
    Thanks Shwa!
    I was just randomly looking at the dream rewards and saw Empire theatre.

I guess they were getting a lot of complaints. Maybe that's why they added more to the 'dream miles' and maybe that's why they tried to make you happy.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I was just randomly looking at the dream rewards and saw Empire theatre.

I guess they were getting a lot of complaints. Maybe that's why they added more to the 'dream miles' and maybe that's why they tried to make you happy.
    Empire tickets have been available for a long time.That's the reward I get from Airmiles.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Aug 12th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Empire tickets have been available for a long time.That's the reward I get from Airmiles.
    Thanks.

The Whitby AMC theatre just changed to Empire, so this works for us.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh, I did not realize there were no Empire theatres in Scarborough.....Hmmmm. now what? Drive to Whitby?? lol!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh, I did not realize there were no Empire theatres in Scarborough.....Hmmmm. now what? Drive to Whitby?? lol!
    You are right. Whitby, North York and "Rich" Hill, only.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

How can we complain about a program that gives us free stuff? Just because you don't like what they are offering or how gives no reason to complain!!!

#firstworldproblems
    Jadzia likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    How can we complain about a program that gives us free stuff? Just because you don't like what they are offering or how gives no reason to complain!!!

#firstworldproblems
    How do you figure that it's free? AirMiles is a business and it makes money from US. They get money from the retailers WE shop at. Those retailers offer AirMiles to us so we will shop at their businesses, therefore the businesses make money from us.

We pay the retailer, the retailer pays AirMiles and we get points. If the points are useless to us, then we may decide to shop elsewhere. Then the retailer loses and AirMiles loses.

Free stuff. Please.

They wouldn't offer the program if it wasn't in their best interest to do so.
    Last edited by DaveP; Thu, Aug 16th, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
    scrapbookingoasis and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Sorry, I agree with DaveP!

Furthermore, I think we are complaining as AirMiles removed the option of the Metro/Gas gift certificates without any warning. No where along the line when they added the cash option, did they say they'd be phasing out the gift cards for certain retailers. Perhaps if they had thought to send a notice that they will be removed from the program, and please redeem by "x" day, most of us wouldn't be ticked!

I just had to redeem over 300 airmiles for movie passes, which isn't really something I'll use, as I still have 8 free from Scene points, and we most often download movies at home for free. So, yes, the passes have value, and were free, but I'd much rather have $40 in free groceries than something I'll likely give away as gifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post

#firstworldproblems

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    How do you figure that it's free? AirMiles is a business and it makes money from US. They get money from the retailers WE shop at. Those retailers offer AirMiles to us so we will shop at their businesses, therefore the businesses make money from us.

We pay the retailer, the retailer pays AirMiles and we get points. If the points are useless to us, then we may decide to shop elsewhere. Then the retailer loses and AirMiles loses.

Free stuff. Please.

DaveP. You are probably right.
    However, if I played the Air Miles game the way they wanted me to, I would lose.
    But because of Smart Canucks, I have learned to work the Air Miles game to the max and win over Air Miles and win over Metro.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Dave I never knew that about the way you described the whole way AM works, very enlightening but like Shwa Girl, I always used the AM programme to MY advantage, only going to Metro when awesome extra Bonus AM were offered on certain products that were on sale, plus coupons reducing it further so it really was a win win.
    Always loved double dipping purchasing everything with my Gold Status AM Amex ( no fee to have it either) paid in full every month, earned 1 AM for every $15.00 spent. As well as getting the 1 AM for $20.00 from Metro for the same transaction.

That being said, I am pretty much finished with AM now though, ( I have decided it is no longer of value to me as the forced sudden changes were not only an insult but a ripoff ) I still have $40.00 in food certificates to use at Metro, and even that is tough to use up now. I will have to wait for an awesome meat sale to come, as all processed foods are off the shopping list these days.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post

Free stuff. Please.

Here is the thing. It is still a free program. You would still buy your products anyways, but the AM's just brings you into their store. Now Metro does have hogher prices because of AM's, but almost every other sponsor do not have inflated prices due to offering AM's.

No one pays for the AM's membership. Other than Metro, you do not pay more than you would normally pay for your products. You redeem for items and there is no shipping and handling. It is a free program.
    And it is easy to maximize collecting the AM's.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I don't shop at stores just because they offer AM!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information