User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Hey,

So there's been talk of garden centres starting to close up and clear out their stuff in the Toronto area but I was wondering if anyone had noticed any of this in Ottawa? Looking for soil, mulch, etc primarily. Someone had mentioned they found WM had stuff on clearance for $1 - $2 for soil and mulch, -- but I checked my local WM (Carleton Place) and found everything still at full price. Anyone see this at any of the WMs in Ottawa?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The one in my area (South Keys) had lots of great items on clearance last week. Not sure how much is left there now. Also stopped by an Independent in my area, they had clearance on as well (got 2 of those gigantico tomato plants for .50 cents today!) There's also a Home Depot (haven't checked it out yet) but I'm thinking that they are on on clearance too.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aldiba View Post
    The one in my area (South Keys) had lots of great items on clearance last week. Not sure how much is left there now. Also stopped by an Independent in my area, they had clearance on as well (got 2 of those gigantico tomato plants for .50 cents today!) There's also a Home Depot (haven't checked it out yet) but I'm thinking that they are on on clearance too.

Thanks - kind of far away but good to know. The local Independent already closed shop - really disappointed - only found that out today. Home Depot usually doesn't do any form of clearance until like September. I guess they have the space for it and the staff so they aren't in as much of a rush as placed like Loblaws to close shop (Loblaws store pull employees from different instore departments - they don't have designated garden centre staff)
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Thread Information