User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Walmart not allowing this..has it happened to you??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

FYi i already wrote to
    Walmart to complain and to confirm the policy.
    i pretty much had to out back half of my shopping trip and will have to go buy it elsewhere....anywhere else rwally, because this SHOULDNT BE AN ISSUE!

I had my cashier and 2 supervisors all say to me that this was "using more than one coupon on the same item"

I tried to buy 1 box of nutrigrsin with 50 vcents iff, 1 box of rice krispie granola with 75 cents off and 1 Lb of apples with the buy 2 kellogss items get 1 lb of apples free....they said i csnnot get free apples and discount the first 2 items.
    Also couldnt buy ANY MINUTE MAID because of the same issue couldnt use $1 off WUB 2 plus a B4 G 1 free!
    I also couldnt buy V8 and Campells products and use the B4 products G free hamburger buns...and the list goes on
    PLJS i was charged full price for jeans on sale and had to go stand in the return line!

This is incorrect right???
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    es89 likes this.
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ON TIME I HAD A COUPON FOR ABEVA COLD SORE CREAM AND AT WALMART PHARMACIEST USED THE COUPON THEY HAD AT COUNTER AND ONLY PAID LITTLE OVER $3 that was a very good day and that was being of this year about january or feburary.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Did you get a scop on the jeans at least? I think sometimes this is considered using multiple coupons for one purchase and well, it would probably be hit and miss he at wm in the maritime's.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

Hum, I think this is kind of a grey area. If none of the coupons specify that they can't be combined with any other offer or coupon, I really don't see the problem with it. I usually do this too if I have a $1.00 off for one item then a BOGO for the second item. Some may consider this stacking but as long as you are using one coupon per item and there are no other restrictions on the coupons, I think it should be allowed.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    Did you get a scop on the jeans at least? I think sometimes this is considered using multiple coupons for one purchase and well, it would probably be hit and miss he at wm in the maritime's.
    I didnt ask for the scop..i forgot i just got my $4 back. It says in their policy one coupon per item... And ewch coupon was meqnt to reduce the price ona diff item...i have had cashiers question and not allow it before, but then i ask for a spervisor and they ALWAYS say its allowed.Not this time though! God i hope thats not true or im screwed.
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hmm....I'm in Ontario but posted about a similar issue at RCSS. I had an coupon for Purex and asked if I could use the coupon for the Purex....and then use a "Buy Purex, get a Purex Crystals Free"......I emailed the store to check first and was told it was considered stacking. While I didn't necessarily agree it wasn't worth the fight....at least for me.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I've done similar to this at Walmart before. In a previous brandsaver there was a $1 ProHealth rinse and a Buy ProHealth rinse, get Oral B glide floss Free. I was able to buy multiple travel bottles of ProHealth rinse using the $1 coupons to get it for free, and then also get the free floss. I did this a few times, with different cashiers (including a manager) and every one of them commented on what a great deal it was. Two coupons, two products.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

I also used those coupons and got that deal. Hmmm well, seems concensus is that you are lucky to get away with it. I had no idea i was just lucky i truely thought i was correct so thats why i emailed! Dam...now i dont think i can try again if walmart agrees i t was wrong. I will post my response from Walmart
    Quote Originally Posted by Giddymonkey View Post
    I've done similar to this at Walmart before. In a previous brandsaver there was a $1 ProHealth rinse and a Buy ProHealth rinse, get Oral B glide floss Free. I was able to buy multiple travel bottles of ProHealth rinse using the $1 coupons to get it for free, and then also get the free floss. I did this a few times, with different cashiers (including a manager) and every one of them commented on what a great deal it was. Two coupons, two products.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

i was refused to sometthing similar at Walmart too. I had to explain to the cashier than a supervisor and they both refused that you can use one coupon only. I refused to take the item considering the que and then went to customer service as she did not have a que at that time. She listnened to me and understood my point. She called another CSM who again refused to do that but the Customer Service Assistant explained to her and she said "OOO yes yes let her buy that". God i was there for over half an hour but in the end won the battle. its really hit and miss. They dont have a set policy so every supervisor allows what he/she think is right. I hope you have better luc next time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

The stores in my area (London south) don't let me use coupons in that way. For example buy a gillette deodorant with $1 off and then get the Body wash wub1 Gillette. No, no, imposibly get a deal like that.
    They consider a stack, Ontario has not permit to make stacks
    i_love_to_save likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leymi15 View Post
    The stores in my area (London south) don't let me use coupons in that way. For example buy a gillette deodorant with $1 off and then get the Body wash wub1 Gillette. No, no, imposibly get a deal like that.
    They consider a stack, Ontario has not permit to make stacks
    Same here I wish I could do that

If it's free it's for me! newwestcouponer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So bizarre... I do things like that all the time at Walmart. I just explain to them, 2 coupons, 2 items. One is for $ off one item, one is for a free item. I have run into problems with it, but I usually get my way in the end
    Sorry that didn't work for you... It must suck having to abandon your purchase when you *thought* you were getting such great deals

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I had 2 coupons for smellies. B1G1 free, plus $1.00 off the smellie you bought. No problem at my WM.
    walkonby and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

My Walmart considers that stacking and won`t allow it either.
    i_love_to_save likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    113 (99%)

Never had problems, however I know other peope who have. I find it is hit and miss which Walmart you shop at and which Cashier. Typically I usually try and remember which cashiers I go to and what days they work and when (I try to hit the same stores at the same time each week). That way I avoid crazy cashiers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information