User Tag List

Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Like Tree1963Likes

Thread: In Memorium

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

RUMOR ALERT - CJAD news correspondent said that "rumors" were starting to float around that she was given too high a dose of propofol (the drug that killed Michael Jackson)

If this is true it's just beyond sad. I know of someone personally that died as a result of a botched simple procedure. The family could never come to grips with it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

RIP Joan Rivers. I admire her strength.
    Her humor was hard hitting but she was as hard on herself as she was on everyone else.
    I watched her documentary and she was as easily hurt by critics as anyone but she had the ability to get up and brush it off and move on and it made her stronger. I think she hit hard because she expected everyone else to be able to be as resilient.
    What an amazing woman, at 81 she did an hour long stand up routine. Not too many 81 yr olds can even stand up! RIP Joan Rivers.

Natalka and Durham Couponer like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

thanks for keeping this post current, I always find out of a death from hear. I love Joan Rivers as a comic, not so much on the red carpet.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sun, Sep 7th, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
    Natalka likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i miss Joan Rivers already, she was my idol

i never cried when a celebrity dies, but she was the first one to make me bawl

my condolences goes to her loving daughter Melissa and sweet grandson Cooper

RIP
    Natalka likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Last edited by momof3heathens; Tue, Sep 9th, 2014 at 05:03 AM.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Wow, that's so horrible.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

George Hamilton IV dies aged 77

US country music star George Hamilton IV has died in Nashville, Tennessee at the age of 77.
    The singer and guitarist, who began performing as a teenager in the 1950s, had suffered a major heart attack at the weekend.
    After an early foray into pop, Hamilton became a country stalwart, scoring 40 hits in the 1960s and 70s.
    He was inducted into Nashville's Grand Old Opry in 1960 and continued to work until shortly before he was taken ill.
    In the later phase of his career, Hamilton, who was born in North Carolina, concentrated on gospel music and making recordings of inspiration recitations, a type of spiritual song.
    He also became a regular guest singer with evangelist Billy Graham on his many rallies around the world.
    His most recent album, made in 2010, was a gospel-influenced collection featuring a host of guest artists.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Fashion Police did a great tribute episode to Joan.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Geoffrey Holder, a Tony Award-winning director, actor, painter, dancer and choreographer who during an eclectic show business career led the groundbreaking show The Wiz to Broadway, pitched 7-Up on TV and played a scary villain in a James Bond film, has died. He was 84.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/geoffrey...t-89-1.2789198

loved the series of 7-up commercials

Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Geoffrey Holder, a Tony Award-winning director, actor, painter, dancer and choreographer who during an eclectic show business career led the groundbreaking show The Wiz to Broadway, pitched 7-Up on TV and played a scary villain in a James Bond film, has died. He was 84.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/geoffrey...t-89-1.2789198

loved the series of 7-up commercials

Sorry to hear about the 7 up commerical guy.
    I remember him from the James Bond movie
    RIP
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Tue, Oct 7th, 2014 at 08:46 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Jan Hooks of ‘Saturday Night Live’ Fame Is Dead at 57

Ms. Hooks joined “S.N.L.” in 1986 and was part of a cast that is widely regarded as one of the best in the show’s history, alongside the likes of Phil Hartman, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz, Nora Dunn and later Mike Myers.

Ms. Hooks’s first job after “S.N.L.” was a role on “Designing Women,” the long-running sitcom about women who run a design business in Atlanta. She replaced Jean Smart, playing the sister of Ms. Smart’s character.

Ms. Hooks later had recurring roles on “3rd Rock From the Sun” and “The Simpsons.” Most recently she played the mother of Jenna Maroney, the flaky and self-centered TV star played by Jane Krakowski, on “30 Rock,” the Tina Fey sitcom about life behind the scenes at a late-night sketch show not unlike “S.N.L.”

Ms. Hooks’s movie roles included a memorable turn as a tour guide at the Alamo in “Pee-wee’s Big Adventure” (1985). She was also in “Batman Returns” (1992) and “Simon Birch” (1998). In 1995 she replaced Sarah Jessica Parker as an anthropomorphic dog in “Sylvia,” an Off Broadway comedy by A. R. Gurney.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/10/ar...-57-.html?_r=0

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Joan Rivers - cause of death

The New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) has completed its investigation into the death of Joan Rivers. According to OCME spokesperson Julie Bolcer, the examination has concluded that the legendary comic's death was caused by brain damage due to lack of oxygen to the brain.

The official cause, says Bolcer, is "anoxic encephalopathy due to hypoxic arrest" while Rivers underwent a laryngoscopy and upper gastrointestinal endoscopy to evaluate a problem she was experiencing with her voice. While undergoing the procedure, Rivers was sedated with propofol, the same drug on which Michael Jackson overdosed.

The cause of death, adds Bolcer, is classified as a "therapeutic complication," meaning Rivers' death "resulted from a predictable complication of medical therapy."

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

so does that mean Melissa should not bother to sue the clinic then? That sounds like something you sign a form for saying you understand the risk.
    Patty Smyth, GoJays and i_forget like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm sure the lawyers have more info than released, Melissa would have to evaluate with them to see if there is some sort of case.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information