User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best epilator?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most guys won't admit it, but they use these too. Had it not been for this forum I wouldn't have known about this product. I'm considering the Braun Silk Epil after reading very good reviews, and how reliable it is. Shaving is a pain....and the nicks are a nightmare.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had an epilator years ago and I didn't like it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you new to epilator, I suggest to use less tweezers first unless it may hurt you so much and make you hate it. Here is an idea to see popular model http://www.thegoodgears.com/Epilator/
    Last edited by louisiana; Tue, Mar 21st, 2017 at 11:43 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Braun Epil 5 is excellent. I have it Yup, guys use these things too......hurts like hell the first time, but after a few uses you get used to it. I read somewhere to take 2x extra strength Tylonel beforehand to help numb the pain. Heck, even a glass of wine would numb.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I used to use one of the Philip's Satinelle epilators ... using it after a shower was crucial, but make sure you don't put on lotion first. Nevertheless, I ended up getting laser hair removal, and it was definitely worth the money!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely Karmin!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had a Philips for a long time. It was a rechargeable, the battery got so weak after 2 years I had to left it plugged in when use. It lasted for over 10 years. It is great for area with thick hair like underarm, but terrrible for fine hair on arms. The fine hair breaks, so it was like the result of shaving but painful. Do look for one that's easy to clean. You get mico-injury when you pull the hair, you should use sanitized equipment.

But I would really suggest getting laser treatment if you are a good candidate. If you have darker hair than skin, laser is great option. There are always plenty of cheap offers from Groupon. In general, expect to pay $30-50 per area, and you'd need 6 sessions. If you're in the GTA, I suggest International Beauty Institute or Canadian Beauty College. They constantly need models for their students that you could even get an appointment for free. The packages with students are very cheap, and the teachers would help looking over their work. Compared to other places, I find the schools to be more reliable. I have had laser treatment with other places where the "licenced" owners was doing the work and insist I'm dark (I'm Asian with pale skin like Lucy Liu, she used the setting for black people. I got no results after 6 months!)

Many Groupons offer $99 for all 6 sessions of underarm laser treatment. That's the area that gives you most bang for the buck. I just can't express how much I love the result of laser treatment and how stupid I feel that I hadn't started sooner! You'd save at least half hour a week. That's 26 hours a year! That's 3 months in a lifetime!

The hair don't completely go away however, but they get extremely fine that you can't see it. I just love it. I used to get infection from shaving or epilators, I was surprised to find out that my underarm skin isn't that dark! It was dark because of the constant injury. Epilators also caused acne on my legs. When you pull the hair out, the finer hair can't break through the skin. They curl up and get infected. I guess it all has to do with your skin type and hair colour. If you get good results from waxing, you should have no problem with epilators.
    Last edited by EvilTofu; Thu, Apr 7th, 2016 at 01:29 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I’d recommend Karmin
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I've been using Braun Silk Epil Wet and Dry for years and definitely recommend it.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information