User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: I thought my blog was getting traffic, but...

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

turns out I didn't turn off my page views
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

, Did the same thing myself on my blog. Just looked at your blog. I made a comment, but I wasn't logged into my wordpress account, so I lost it. Your post "when did this become the norm" resonated with me.
    alicia likes this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    , Did the same thing myself on my blog. Just looked at your blog. I made a comment, but I wasn't logged into my wordpress account, so I lost it. Your post "when did this become the norm" resonated with me.

Thanks for taking a look maybe my page views increasing will be real now, haha.
    matrix82 likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Lol - I just took a look at your blog (see - now you'll have tons of traffic since this rant) - the last line in the "When did this become the norm" made me laugh -

"One other thing - to anyone in basic science - why didn't someone tell us to just be an engineer and get it all wrapped up in a Bachelor's degree without having eight years of science research with very little real world applicability?!"

...only 'cause I did engineering in school lol it's funny 'cause there were quite a number of people in science that had transferred over after 2 or 3 years of science.

Great blog btw!
    matrix82 and alicia like this.
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles160 View Post
    "One other thing - to anyone in basic science - why didn't someone tell us to just be an engineer and get it all wrapped up in a Bachelor's degree without having eight years of science research with very little real world applicability?!"

...only 'cause I did engineering in school lol it's funny 'cause there were quite a number of people in science that had transferred over after 2 or 3 years of science.

Great blog btw!
    My friends and I have the discussion about really wishing we actually discussed things with our high school guidance counselors on a semi-regular basis - playing the "if only I knew then..." Good on you for getting a degree you can work with!

Thanks by the way
    Last edited by alicia; Tue, Jul 3rd, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
    matrix82 likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

HAh! back in the 1980's I was told no respectable woman should want to be a scientist/engineer..that was for the boyz.
    alicia likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

my blog is traffic free .....for the same reason...sheesh !
    Last edited by Jezebel; Wed, Jul 4th, 2012 at 01:48 AM.
    alicia likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I read all your entrys, I liked them. I bookmarked your site under my "blogs" folder. Hopefully it won't become one of those updated in a blue moon blogs as I quite enjoyed reading.
    alicia likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    HAh! back in the 1980's I was told no respectable woman should want to be a scientist/engineer..that was for the boyz.
    No one ever said I was respectable, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    my blog is traffic free .....for the same reason...sheesh !
    yeah, I thought there were actually people out, but it was just all me.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I read all your entrys, I liked them. I bookmarked your site under my "blogs" folder. Hopefully it won't become one of those updated in a blue moon blogs as I quite enjoyed reading.
    I am going to try to update at least once a week, maybe twice. Whenever something is interesting to me. Thanks for bookmarking

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    And even now, I think it was maybe 20% women in engineering - that's still a lot more than it used to be but that's still low. We were told its the preconception that women want to help society and the belief that engineering doesn't do that. There's a lot of programs and recruitment out there now for "Women in Engineering" and trying to get girls in high school interested but its still a battle.
    Join Swagbucks to earn some extra money! Use my referral code http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BlunSkittles

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles160 View Post
    And even now, I think it was maybe 20% women in engineering - that's still a lot more than it used to be but that's still low. We were told its the preconception that women want to help society and the belief that engineering doesn't do that. There's a lot of programs and recruitment out there now for "Women in Engineering" and trying to get girls in high school interested but its still a battle.
    I'm married to an engineer and our daughter is beginning her engineering studies in the Fall. I told her she would be in geek heaven...she just rolled her eyes.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    I'm married to an engineer and our daughter is beginning her engineering studies in the Fall. I told her she would be in geek heaven...she just rolled her eyes.
    That's awesome - good for your daughter! What area of engineering? It's going to be a nice bonus that the new president of the U of S is an engineer.
    marstec likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

alicia - love your blog; I've bookmarked it, too!
    alicia likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    That's awesome - good for your daughter! What area of engineering? It's going to be a nice bonus that the new president of the U of S is an engineer.
    I think her focus will be bio-medical engineering. She really enjoys biology, but didn't want to get an arts degree. She thought of engineering because: Dad's an engineer and got through it, how hard could that be?

I'm horrible at math, so I'm pretty impressed she's going that route. She had an average of over 90% in grade 12 and that's taking into account some pretty intensive courses (calculus, physics and chemistry).

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    I hung out with a lot of engineers - our saying was "the odds were good but the goods were odd".

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    alicia - love your blog; I've bookmarked it, too!
    Thanks so much Natalka

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information