User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Did you really just say that to me...????

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

ok heres the story..

I havent been couponing in weeks kinda have the summer blues or something but tonight I was bored and decided to get out of the house
    So I find a 50% off pink sticker shaving cream I am like oh nice I have a $3 coupon for that so I head to check out and the cashier rings me in and then I pass her the coupon well thats when it went all down hill she says to me you cant use a coupon with a 50% off sticker and I am like yes I can you just have to change the amount to $1.75 she then says no you cant I am throwing this coupon out
    WHAT are you kidding me I go your not throwing that out you are going to call your supervisor right now..... man was I mad she then wouldnt call one it took me atleast 5 times telling her to get one before she did then after the supervisor told her I was correct when she walks away the cashier has the nurve to tell me I shouldnt be getting it free ....

One of these days I am going to snap..
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    sunshineorchid and couponer2 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

Lol... Good for you to stand up for yourself.
    sunshineorchid likes this.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Good lord! I had almost the same problem at the Breamer Superstore just the other night! Except I left without my coupon items.
    I had $1 off X 3 that I wanted to use for 3 items that were 50% off with the pink stickers.
    I was told I couldn't use the coupons on 50% off sales! This was also confirmed by the front cash supervisor as well as someone "in the office" they called on the phone.
    I was wild, I have done this many times before.

I emailed Loblaws, looking for a copy of their coupon policy when I couldn't find it online.
    The repsonse I got earlier today was along the lines that they are cracking down on "coupon abusers" and I should never have been allowed ever to use coupons on already discounted or sale/flyer items!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CBC Marketplace needs to do an episode on these stores and their inconsistent policies.

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

can you imagine if we couldnt use a coupon on sale items in the flyer I only buy and use coupons for flyer deals..

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsMom View Post
    Good lord! I had almost the same problem at the Breamer Superstore just the other night! Except I left without my coupon items.
    I had $1 off X 3 that I wanted to use for 3 items that were 50% off with the pink stickers.
    I was told I couldn't use the coupons on 50% off sales! This was also confirmed by the front cash supervisor as well as someone "in the office" they called on the phone.
    I was wild, I have done this many times before.

I emailed Loblaws, looking for a copy of their coupon policy when I couldn't find it online.
    The repsonse I got earlier today was along the lines that they are cracking down on "coupon abusers" and I should never have been allowed ever to use coupons on already discounted or sale/flyer items!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mulock, I just emailed Marketplace and mentioned that idea to them. bricon1621, what store did you have this experience at? I have encountered some rudeness, ignorance before, but that just takes the cake.

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

portland st superstore

Quote Originally Posted by timmbbo View Post
    Mulock, I just emailed Marketplace and mentioned that idea to them. bricon1621, what store did you have this experience at? I have encountered some rudeness, ignorance before, but that just takes the cake.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I've never had this problem, but certainly will be ready for this. Thanks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have never liked that Portland Street location. I prefer Braemar or Sackville.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Although, after reading what erinsmom has to say, I may have to rethink braemar.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Good for you standing up to her like that! And the nerve to try to take the coupon! I have no idea where this type of attitude is coming from...the stores get their money back...the coupon is from the manufacturers to promote/intice (sp?) consumers to try their product...it makes no sense?! Being treated like your doing something wrong...is just WRONG! Good on you Timmbbo for contacting Marketplace, maybe its time to clear the air...the ever-changing coupon policies, cashiers that seem to make up the rules as they go...everyone needs to be on the same playing field. (I'm contacting CBC too, more fuel for the fire)
    Daytona~*~Girl likes this.
    All life is connected, no matter how far apart

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. We (that use our coupons properly which is all of us that I know in this group) should not be made to pay for the few bad apples abusing coupons. Using a coupon on a sale item is NOT abusing a coupon. It's just good sense (and cents). *sigh* Let's be prepared and hope this was an isolated incident.

And again, so sorry you had to experience that!

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

That's awful!! I feel so lucky my superstore is really awesome for taking coupons (of course, I always use the self check-out). I'm glad you didn't back down. Why do they have their own coupon zone coupons posted in front of every item, sale or not, throughout the store if they do not want you to use them? That is a load of BS!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mich649 View Post
    That's awful!! I feel so lucky my superstore is really awesome for taking coupons (of course, I always use the self check-out). I'm glad you didn't back down. Why do they have their own coupon zone coupons posted in front of every item, sale or not, throughout the store if they do not want you to use them? That is a load of BS!!

I don't know about my local superstore! I always have an issue...hardly ever shop there, just not worth the hassle! Though I do love their pink stickers (wish Sobeys did that too).

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Allis154 View Post
    I don't know about my local superstore! I always have an issue...hardly ever shop there, just not worth the hassle! Though I do love their pink stickers (wish Sobeys did that too).
    I never have issues there. I went in last night, and bought 3 physicians formula products (no pink stickers) reduced to $3.94, 4 carefree panty liners (pink stickers, reg. $3.99), 2 chapmans ice cream. I used 2x $3.00 off the make up (one was SCOP, which I never have to ask for, they just know to do it), 4x$2.00 carefree pantyliners and my $5.00 chapman's coupon (I'm missing my chapman's coupie, sigh).The only issue I had was the limit of coupons entered had to be over-rided. Do you go through a cashier or the self check-out? I've only had 1 cashier at the self check-out ever look to make sure what I bought was what the coupon was for (I think they can check on the hand held thingy they carry).
    Last edited by Mich649; Thu, Jul 5th, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information