User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Did you really just say that to me...????

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Generally, cashier...will have to start going to self-check out....constantly have to my coupons over-rided...their $9 rule is ridiculous

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ohh my god, I can't believe she was gonna throw your coupon away! What a rude one!!
    I have had a cashier and the "snaggle-toothed coupon troll" supervisor at Braemar tell me I couldn't use a coupon on pink sticker items. No rudeness though.
    Once again... Sobeys FTW
    sunshineorchid likes this.

sugarmamma
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good for you Bricon for standing up for yourself. I trust you got the clerks name. A letter to the head office might be in order, especially when you had to ask 5 times for a supervisor.

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

that supervisor there long dark black grey hair does not like me once shes sees me she comes over to see what coupons I am using trying to find some issue with them

Quote Originally Posted by pamplemousse View Post
    Ohh my god, I can't believe she was gonna throw your coupon away! What a rude one!!
    I have had a cashier and the "snaggle-toothed coupon troll" supervisor at Braemar tell me I couldn't use a coupon on pink sticker items. No rudeness though.
    Once again... Sobeys FTW

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pamplemousse View Post
    Once again... Sobeys FTW
    I believe this was the supervisor who told my cashier no at Breamar!
    Her first comment to me was "where did these come from?" Like she really needs to know where we get our coupons.
    She wasn't asking in a nice way, like she wanted to find them, but in a nasty way.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

So sorry that you had a poor experience.

I have never had a problem using coupons at the superstore I go to (Seymour in North Vancouver) even with the pink stickers. I just recently started to regularly shop there and am still getting to know the cashiers. So far I have learned to stick to the younger ones and tell them ahead of time that they will need to call for an override. Most of them are understanding, and I even mention to the person behind me that I am using coupons and if they are in a hurry, they should go to another cashier. I haven't had a problem yet (crossing fingers that I didn't just jinx myself).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I've never had an issue with the Joseph Howe store either.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well, I was just at Gouthro's No Frills. When the store first opened, they refused to take my printed coupons. Now they do take them. However, today I was in the store and I had 2 printed coupons for Janes chicken burgers (I was buying two packs), and I was buying 2 Barilla Pasta and I had two printed coupons. The checker wasn't sure if she could accept both of them. She spoke to another worker, who said no. it had something to do with the UPC on the coupons being the same. This is the first time I have encountered this. Does this seem asinine to you? I like the stores prices, but it seems like the policies are different everytime I go in there. I just got one of each item, and kept my remaining coupons for a later time. I was told that I could use them at a later date, just not during this visit.

To be fair, i don't think the workers are being deceptive in anyway. I just think they are told too many things from higher ups.

Here's a crazy idea for the stores to follow: post your coupon policies in the stores.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

does anyone have an email address for customer relations at No Frills/Loblaws? All i can find is a telephone number, but i want to email them some suggestions and and also show them the coupons I was trying to use.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

does anyone have an email address for customer relations at No Frills/Loblaws? All i can find is a telephone number, but i want to email them some suggestions and and also show them the coupons I was trying to use.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by timmbbo View Post
    When I emailed them I just used the customer service web form, then when I got a response I was emailing directly with the person who was handling my concern. The web form is near the top on this page:
    http://www.loblaws.ca/LCLOnline/contactUs.jsp

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, I've had some funny looks from cashiers when I use my printed coupons, but not any bad push back. That was a horrible experience you had.

I would just say, as I worked retail for a decade, the cashiers are only (mostly) trying to do what they are told. They probably report to more than one person, are working bad hours for a low wage and do deal with a lot of crappy customers. While that is not your fault in the least, some slack might be cut, at least for some of it.

The issue seems to be that the Head Offices do not have a solid or readily available coupon policy. As more people are couponing (sp) they will need to get it together.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I had a cashier at the Braemar superstore try to tell em i had to pay tax and deposit on a free fpc coupon for pop.I said no i don;t he was so loud! My husband said look buddy chill out! he called his supervisor and she said i add to.I told her no I don;t and I said I am not moving until you get the manager! she did and he said i was right.The cashier rang in other stuff I had pink stickers included.That I had coupons for.He started to say something to say something really loud.I looked at him and said how many times in the run of a day do you embrass yourself? Well he shut right up! The couple behind me started laughing there ass off.
    aoffman and sunshineorchid like this.

always looking
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love to win those battles but sometimes I feel like the annoyance is taking a toll on my health lol. You go girls train those cashiers on Coupons hope I get to a meet soon I am working back shift now but I am determined to be at the next if at all possible. Thanks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

timmbbos, i baught the janes chicken at the no frills in the dartmouth shopping centre with 2 printed coupons on sat and i didnt have a problem lady looked at them read them then scanned them didnt say a word

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information